What if Mitch is not the guy?

WindyCity

I think Ryan Pace has really grown into a good GM. I love the bold moves he makes and the talent base he has built.

It would suck if he was taken down by the QB spot.

But if he picked the worst of 3 QBs and also was so wrong in his evaluation that he traded up for him, then he will be fired.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think Ryan Pace has really grown into a good GM. I love the bold moves he makes and the talent base he has built.

But if he picked the worst of 3 QBs and also was so wrong in his evaluation that he traded up for him, then he will be fired.

"Mike Glennon is our starting quarterback and we’re fired up about that.”

-Ryan Pace

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not if all three turn out to be good...

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

Quick feet, poor pocket presence. Didnt get rid of the ball quick enough, to many check downs. He will learn more and much sooner if he trusts himself and goes for it.

I certainly don't think he checked the ball down too much...that is the design of this offence...I think his pocket presence & quick feet didn't look out of place for a guy with 7 previous NFL starts playing in a totally new scheme...Cutler's first game against the Packers for a poor game...Trubisky's game was what should have been expected...actually a little better since he didn't turn the ball over....this will take time and it is crazy to think otherwise.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I certainly don't think he checked the ball down too much...that is the design of this offence...I think his pocket presence & quick feet didn't look out of place for a guy with 7 previous NFL starts playing in a totally new scheme...Cutler's first game against the Packers for a poor game...Trubisky's game was what should have been expected...actually a little better since he didn't turn the ball over....this will take time and it is crazy to think otherwise.

It will take time with Mitch I agree, but it hasnt taken Mahomes or Watson time...And I guess that's my point...

1 hour ago, Pool said:

For one I did say at the end of the game against the Packers. He looked terrible at the end of that game. Overthrowing receivers left and right. Playing very scared. You expect your franchise QB to do better when the game is on the line and it's all on him. He looked so lost and completely blew it. We needed 30ish yards iirc for a FG and were even gifted a new set of downs and managed to get what, like 10 yards total? Not good enough.

Your being way over critical...he isn't a "franchise QB" he is a young kid learning a new scheme and trying to become a quality QB...to label him with the expectations you just did is as meathead as it gets.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

It will take time with Mitch I agree, but it hasnt taken Mahomes or Watson time...And I guess that's my point...

I dont know. the whole Mack thing while great doesnt make a lot of sense if we are thinking Mitch is a couple 2-3 years out...

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He missed some bunny throws and reads that have to be made.

He also imploded in the 2 minute drill.

He missed a few throws no doubt but I think his reads were on point...yes he wasn't great in the two minute drill but again I wouldn't expect him to be at this stage in his development on such a big stage in his first game under Nagy.

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

What Watson was doing last year was overblown...this year he has looked very average...

Mahomes has had a year to sit in the scheme he is playing in and has some key guys around him who know the system inside out like Hill & Kelce who are making it a lot easier...we have had one offseason with Tru and guys at WR & TE who are also trying to learn from scratch...as good as Mahomes has been it's not a true comparison.

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Your being way over critical...he isn't a "franchise QB" he is a young kid learning a new scheme and trying to become a quality QB...to label him with the expectations you just did is as meathead as it gets.

I believe the opposite. Not calling it like you see it when a player performs poorly is about as meathead as it gets. Trubisky needs to be better if this team is going to seriously compete. You may not like me for saying it or how I say it but that is the truth.

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

I believe the opposite. Not calling it like you see it when a player performs poorly is about as meathead as it gets. Trubisky needs to be better if this team is going to seriously compete. You may not like me for saying it or how I say it but that is the truth.

No one said he didn't need to play better...what I am saying is saying he should be able to put this team on his back at this point in his career is asking way way too much of him...he is not a franchise QB and has a long way to go before we can even think about saying he is.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

No one said he didn't need to play better...what I am saying is saying he should be able to put this team on his back at this point in his career is asking way way too much of him...he is not a franchise QB and has a long way to go before we can even think about saying he is.

You're making a lot of excuses for him in this thread. It's ok to say he was bad and needs to be better. Expecting him to be able to move the ball 30 to 40 yards in a 2 minute drill against a pretty poor GB defense is not exactly asking the world of your QB. And it's not even that he didn't do it but looked horrid attempting it. There's legitimate reason for concern there.

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

You're making a lot of excuses for him in this thread. It's ok to say he was bad and needs to be better. Expecting him to be able to move the ball 30 to 40 yards in a 2 minute drill against a pretty poor GB defense is not exactly asking the world of your QB. And it's not even that he didn't do it but looked horrid attempting it. There's legitimate reason for concern there.

I am making no excuses...I am just understanding where the guy is in his development...ask any QB how hard it can be to move the ball "30 to 40 yards" in the NFL and they will all tell you it is far easier said than done...slamming this kid after one average performance in a new scheme just makes no sense...patience isn't an easy thing to have but in this situation we have no choice.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am making no excuses...I am just understanding where the guy is in his development...ask any QB how hard it can be to move the ball "30 to 40 yards" in the NFL and they will all tell you it is far easier said than done...slamming this kid after one average performance in a new scheme just makes no sense...patience isn't an easy thing to have but in this situation we have no choice.

The more he sucks the more chicago media and fans get on him = even more sucking. Do something Mitch, show us you got "it": They stacked the offense for you, just do it.

Archived