Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

16 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Wow. This REALLY concerns me. I always viewed Toran as a guy to be groomed as a back-up type@Center mostly. Definitely not a guy who should be counted on to start so soon but injuries will do that to any roster I guess. We need to get Tobin and Coleman up to speed ASAP...

These next 4 games will definitely tell us alot about who we are as a team and our expectations for this 2018 version of the Niners. These next 4 games are very winnable games and could set the tone for the season if we play poise and execute like good teams do. If we let mistakes, miscues, and penalties derail us and let victories slip through our fingers, we'll know that this team is quite yet ready to take that next step. I would take a 3-2 record heading into the GB game as a sign this team is on its way. 2-3 and I would say we still have a decent amount of work to do. Anything less than 2 wins and I believe this team would be underachieving in a major way.

But we're coming from starting an injured Erik Magnuson extensively out of position at RT last year, AND Zane Beadles... so having a nobody RG in there isn't what concerns me the most. It's just very unlucky to lose two RGs in the same game, but we can get through it. Quick-release-Jimmy will just have to shoot first.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Picking up Pettis in two of my leagues for this week. Think he's going to have about 9-10 targets. With his big play ability, could come away with a long TD. 

I picked him up, but I don't think I'll start him. I'm sitting two of my starting receivers (Fitz and Brandin Cooks since I hate that matchup), and was going to start Corey Davis. But now the titans are saying they expect Gabbert to play some of that game, so I'm going to pass on that, and I have now moved down to my 5th wide receiver in Golladay, who I think I like a little bit better than Pettis for this match up. Still debating Ryan Grant too for the colts...ppr monster with a good floor. 

8 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

You guys expect a big day from Pettis?

A big day? No, Not me. 4-5 catches  for 75 yards on 8-9 targets? Yeah, i think that's realistic. The nice thing is that this likely  bumps Slay over to Garcon, so Pettis and Kittle should have good looks. 

Should be noted though that we certainly aren't afraid to target him deep based on the preseason and week one showings, so he could easily blow that out of the water by just catching one of those deep passes. 

Archived