Aaron Rodgers' Knee Thread

incognito_man

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. If true, what could it be? Just says "compression injury." A hyerextension wouldn't take 2 months to heal, probably same for a bone bruise. Any medical people out there who can shed some light?

caveat: I have no idea who this person is or if they have any kind of specialized knowledge of medicine

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. If true, what could it be? Just says "compression injury." A hyerextension wouldn't take 2 months to heal, probably same for a bone bruise. Any medical people out there who can shed some light?

Assuming the reports are correct, with no ligament "damage", then a bone contusion (compression injury) then the knee has force to it.  Bone/joint contusions due take a longer time to recover than soft tissue contusions.  Differences in the amount of blood supply between bone/joint vs muscle. 

Bone bruises are often seen in ACL injuries (and other ligament injuries).  MRI studies have shown that bone bruises can take multiple months to resolve.  Things that will dictate length of time...1)size of contusion  2)  location of contusion  3) Number of contusions

With AR12's knee getting worse, I wonder if its smart to sit him down next week?  While Kizer is a horrid back up QB, he might be good enough to beat Buffalo if we limit him to 15-20 pass attempts.  We'd have AR12 as the back up just in case Kizer keeps up the insane turnover rate that he's had since coming to the NFL (its a turnover per possession this year).

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

With AR12's knee getting worse, I wonder if its smart to sit him down next week?  While Kizer is a horrid back up QB, he might be good enough to beat Buffalo if we limit him to 15-20 pass attempts.  We'd have AR12 as the back up just in case Kizer keeps up the insane turnover rate that he's had since coming to the NFL (its a turnover per possession this year).

Wait, I haven't seen anywhere that his knee got worse.  Where is that coming from?

5 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Wait, I haven't seen anywhere that his knee got worse.  Where is that coming from?

There have been a whole bunch of media reports in the state that Aaron has said that his knee might get worse over the course of the season.

I didn't hear him say it, but I sure am puzzled as to why he is playing if it needs time to heal.

12 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

There have been a whole bunch of media reports in the state that Aaron has said that his knee might get worse over the course of the season.

I didn't hear him say it, but I sure am puzzled as to why he is playing if it needs time to heal.

It's clickbait. He was asked if there was concern his knee MIGHT get worse, and he basically said yeah that can be a concern. Press ran with it. He never said his knee was getting worse or that it would.

There was an interview that Rodgers stated his knee was in more pain after the game and I believe Mon or Tues this week. 

Pain is going to be there and running, cutting, moving on it with the likely joint/bone bruise will increase the pain for a few days after.  

Archived