incognito_man

Aaron Rodgers' Knee Thread

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. If true, what could it be? Just says "compression injury." A hyerextension wouldn't take 2 months to heal, probably same for a bone bruise. Any medical people out there who can shed some light?

caveat: I have no idea who this person is or if they have any kind of specialized knowledge of medicine

Yuck, I sure hope this isn't similar to Bradford's injury since it eventually knocked him out for the season last year. Don't like seeing that this will take multiple months to heal, either

When Rodgers returned, my guess was some type of contusion or bruise. Gotta believe they wouldn't have pushed it otherwise. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. If true, what could it be? Just says "compression injury." A hyerextension wouldn't take 2 months to heal, probably same for a bone bruise. Any medical people out there who can shed some light?

Assuming the reports are correct, with no ligament "damage", then a bone contusion (compression injury) then the knee has force to it.  Bone/joint contusions due take a longer time to recover than soft tissue contusions.  Differences in the amount of blood supply between bone/joint vs muscle. 

Bone bruises are often seen in ACL injuries (and other ligament injuries).  MRI studies have shown that bone bruises can take multiple months to resolve.  Things that will dictate length of time...1)size of contusion  2)  location of contusion  3) Number of contusions