Week 2 GDT - Browns @ Saints

Dome

Defense better come out playing angry and fast. They have no business taking any fake pictures this week either, just show up and put a hurting on the Browns offense.

Offensively, Brees needs to protect the football. Ward is no joke and Garrett will be after him in a hurry. I hope we run early and often. Look for a million slant routes by Thomas. 

3 hours ago, NS922 said:

Let's just act like this is the real first game and the last one was the 5th preseason game.

So we are going to start the season 0-3 then?  Or that we always consider the start of each season as 6 preseason games so we'll lose to the browns?

7 hours ago, Raves said:

So we are going to start the season 0-3 then?  Or that we always consider the start of each season as 6 preseason games so we'll lose to the browns?

A classic Saints response to their week one performance would be to come out and play lights out defense only to see the offense sputter and lose by 3.

Is it possible that we're overstating how bad they are?

On offense, fumble issues could be an effect of the 'soft' training camp mandated by NFLPA.

On defense, same thing with tackles and missed assignments. Was it just me or did Fitzpatrick seem to be putting the ball EXACTLY where it needed to be on every throw? Fades, back shoulder, etc.

I know much of that was cringey and horrendous to watch but it could also be that the Bucs are much better this year.

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

A classic Saints response to their week one performance would be to come out and play lights out defense only to see the offense sputter and lose by 3.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. Then again, I'm not sure this group is willing to lose to the Browns, especially at home and after last week's showing. I'm expecting to see a cleaner game...if it's not then you'll see a much more pessimistic side of me next week lol

6 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

On offense, fumble issues could be an effect of the 'soft' training camp mandated by NFLPA.

On defense, same thing with tackles and missed assignments. Was it just me or did Fitzpatrick seem to be putting the ball EXACTLY where it needed to be on every throw? Fades, back shoulder, etc.

I know much of that was cringey and horrendous to watch but it could also be that the Bucs are much better this year.

I wouldn't worry about the Bucs, they'll fade right back to mediocrity when Winston comes back.

14 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Likely a combination of Saints players being coddled and buying into the hype causing them to come in overconfident while the Bucs heard all offseason that they were heading to 0-3 to start the season. Fitzpatrick played the game of his career because his career depended on it. I also think the Bucs staff had an entire offseason and years worth of game tape on the Saints young secondary and they exploited a weakness they found when lining up in bunch formations. 

All together a perfect storm storm for a butt-whoppin!

Maybe it's an over reaction but if we lose this game then the season is over. If we go 0-2 on a homestand against the Bucs and Browns then... yikes. Need a bounce back game and luckily it's the Browns we get to do it against. Also I'll be disappointed even if we win if the score is like 35-31. Defense has to buckle up. 

Archived