Week 2 GDT - Browns @ Saints

Dome

I don't even care about the rest of the year, I'm just glad we avoided a huge disaster today. It's unfortunate for the Browns that they were the ones with yet another disaster, but they should be used to it by now at least.

I hope the Browns win a game soon. They really do deserve it. They deserved it more today.

This game was so winnable for us. Holding Brees to 21 points should be enough to win a game for you. Having your kicker give away 8 points in a three point game?????

That's what we get for replacing the worst ST coach in the league with the next to worst one.Neither Tabor or Jones can see the forest through the trees

Good luck the year of the year, guys.

11 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

This game was so winnable for us. Holding Brees to 21 points should be enough to win a game for you. Having your kicker give away 8 points in a three point game?????

That's what we get for replacing the worst ST coach in the league with the next to worst one.Neither Tabor or Jones can see the forest through the trees

Good luck the year of the year, guys.

Good luck to you guys too. You’re definitely trending upwards, ya’ll hung with two great offenses and HCs in the last week. No wins to show for it yet, but I’d be real excited if I was a browns fan

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Do you guys think the Saints just played one of their worst games, or, in your eyes, the Browns might be half decent? I know what most of my fellow Browns brethren will say, but I'm looking for some outside perspective, as you guys obv know your team far better than we do. 

The Saints played bad (and have looked bad so far this season), but I don't think that takes anything away from the Browns. You guys are definitely an improved team with talent in a lot of key areas. You guys are going to win some games this year if you can figure out the kicker situation.

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Do you guys think the Saints just played one of their worst games, or, in your eyes, the Browns might be half decent? I know what most of my fellow Browns brethren will say, but I'm looking for some outside perspective, as you guys obv know your team far better than we do. 

Defense gave us true headaches, and the offense isn't bad at all.

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Our defense looked better (the bar was set really low) and our offense went dormant.

Don't lose hope for your Browns. They played well last week, and should have beat the Saints, and would have if Blair Walsh wouldn't have kidnapped, taped up, and stashed your rookie kicker in the broom closet, stolen his uniform, and "gone out to prove himself".

9 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Honestly, our defense played pretty good for Saints defense standards.  Our offense made some boneheaded mistakes early that put us in a hole.  This definitely wasn't our worst game ever, but it was a below average performance, and offensively, our first half was about as bad as it gets.  Even worse because it was in the dome.

All in all, it looked like the Browns are a pretty decent team that definitely will win some games this year.  Despite shooting ourselves in the foot, Browns defense gave our offense headaches in the dome, and that's impressive.

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Saints didn't play well. Saints playcalling on 3rd and short was awful. Think Brees was sacked 4-5x on 3rd and short taking a 5-7 step drop. That said, Browns defense is for real, and I think once Mayfield takes the field, the Browns will be a much more complete team. 

Archived