Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Chicago Bears (0-1) - Week 2

showtime

3ntOwaV.jpg

Monday Night Football!!!  The first thing that came to my mind when I was creating this thread was Khalil Mack.  Last week we all witnessed Von Miller absolutely dominate and Khalil Mack is very capable of doing the same thing.  I'm really hoping that the plan against Mack is not to leave Germain Ifedi on an island all by himself.  There needs to be constant help vs Mack or he will destroy the Seahawks game plan.  And that's just one guy... the Bears front seven is loaded with really talented players.

One spot where the Bears can possibly be had is in their secondary.  However, Russell Wilson is going to need time to throw the football.  I just read that Doug Baldwin will be out until further notice with a partially torn MCL, which is obviously bad news.  I really like Marshall, Lockett, Moore and the other weapons on the team, so the Seahawks should hopefully be alright without Baldwin.

Offensively the Bears really laid a dud in the second half vs the Packers.  I think the Seahawks need to load up the box because Jordan Howard is a really good running back.  Try and keep him in check and force Mitch Trubisky to try to win the game throwing the football. 

@NFL_Announcer

@RandomCampBody @Sacks98 @ThirtyOne-EightyNine

@Meeker @Tatupu_64

@One Punch Man @evilpimp972 @animaltested

Put 7 in the box constantly since the Bears still only have much of a running game and Seattle got gashed by Denver.

Get Dissly on Mack's side since he's a good blocker and Ifedi will need all the help he can get.

Carson needs to be the featured back here. I get Penny is your 1st rounder but Carson dominated in preseason, looked good against Denver (who has a good D-Line). Bring Penny in to dual back with Carson, but Carson needs to be on the field way more.

Seattle's only strength on offense at the moment (outside of Wilson - who if Seattle did not have would be a 1/2-15/14 team) is their RB situation. Use more double RB situations with Penny/Carson/Prosise and McKissick. Again, Carson should be on the field majority, but the other 3 guys are on par or better than what is marching out there at WR until Baldwin is back.

16 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Hey Guys,

Hoping for no injuries this Monday night. How is your defense this year?

Also hoping for no injuries.  The defense is nowhere near what it was in years past.  Honestly, I don't think the defense is really that good.  Hard time generating a pass rush and the secondary can be thrown on.  Keenum threw several interceptions, but a lot of those were really bad decisions that he threw right to the defender.  I'm curious as to how the Seahawks will stop Howard.  I'm assuming they will have to stack the box, which could mean a lot of 1v1 opportunities for the Bears receivers.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Also hoping for no injuries.  The defense is nowhere near what it was in years past.  Honestly, I don't think the defense is really that good.  Hard time generating a pass rush and the secondary can be thrown on.  Keenum threw several interceptions, but a lot of those were really bad decisions that he threw right to the defender.  I'm curious as to how the Seahawks will stop Howard.  I'm assuming they will have to stack the box, which could mean a lot of 1v1 opportunities for the Bears receivers.

Our offensive line is just OK. Packers were not able to get a ton of pressure on us but that says more about their DL than anything. I think 1v1 opportunities will be abound the question is can Mitch deliver. 

Mack's debut was insane, the guy is a complete animal. I would be really worried about him and hicks on the defensive side. Wilson is Wilson and he's burned us before so I could see him going off. 

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Our offensive line is just OK. Packers were not able to get a ton of pressure on us but that says more about their DL than anything. I think 1v1 opportunities will be abound the question is can Mitch deliver. 

Mack's debut was insane, the guy is a complete animal. I would be really worried about him and hicks on the defensive side. Wilson is Wilson and he's burned us before so I could see him going off. 

Von Miller absolutely dominated the Seahawks offensive line last week.  Khalil Mack is the same caliber of player as Miller, so I'm really worried about his overall impact on the game.  The Seahawks will have to always double team him and even that might not be enough.  But the Bears front seven is really good, lots of talent all over the place.  So all those guys seeing a single blocker since Mack will have to be doubled can spell trouble.

Game day!  The Rams are currently 2-0 and the Niners are off to a 1-1 start.  I feel like this game is really important if the Seahawks are going to push for a wild card birth.  No offense to Bears fans, but they don't appear to be that great of a team (neither are the Seahawks), but these are the type of games the Seahawks have to win.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Game day!  The Rams are currently 2-0 and the Niners are off to a 1-1 start.  I feel like this game is really important if the Seahawks are going to push for a wild card birth.  No offense to Bears fans, but they don't appear to be that great of a team (neither are the Seahawks), but these are the type of games the Seahawks have to win.

How dare you.

4 hours ago, Pool said:

How dare you.

Haha, I guess it's a tale of two halfs.  First half the Bears were looking like an amazing team, and in the second half they looked mediocre.  Granted, I thought the Bears still should have won that game.  Throwing the ball on 3rd and 1 with 2:12 left still makes no sense to me and Kyle Fuller dropped INT was hard to watch.  We'll see tonight if they can stack up four quarters of consistent football.

43 minutes ago, showtime said:

Haha, I guess it's a tale of two halfs.  First half the Bears were looking like an amazing team, and in the second half they looked mediocre.  Granted, I thought the Bears still should have won that game.  Throwing the ball on 3rd and 1 with 2:12 left still makes no sense to me and Kyle Fuller dropped INT was hard to watch.  We'll see tonight if they can stack up four quarters of consistent football.

They did really blow it on that final drive. Hopefully it was a good learning experience for Mitch. I think this is a gonna be a good game tonight. Here's to a well played injury free game.

3 hours ago, Pool said:

They did really blow it on that final drive. Hopefully it was a good learning experience for Mitch. I think this is a gonna be a good game tonight. Here's to a well played injury free game.

Well, it was a good game alright.  Good for you guys.

Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the season.

Just now, showtime said:

Well, it was a good game alright.  Good for you guys.

Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the season.

Good game. I hope your team gets healthy soon. Wilson is so good and Penny looks legit.

Wilson definitely played poorly this game... even the TD throw to Lockett required a ridiculous catch. That said, WTF were our receivers doing this entire game outside of Marshall? Lockett? We just paid this guy $10M per and THAT'S what we get? I get he made a TD in basically garbage time but c'mon.... 

And why the hell was Penny running so much? Was Carson injured? 6 carries by Carson? I had to check out halfway through the game so maybe I missed something when I tuned in later, but why was Penny getting so many carries? He's fat, clearly out of shape, and Carson is a WAY better means of productivity.

13 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Wilson definitely played poorly this game... even the TD throw to Lockett required a ridiculous catch. That said, WTF were our receivers doing this entire game outside of Marshall? Lockett? We just paid this guy $10M per and THAT'S what we get? I get he made a TD in basically garbage time but c'mon.... 

And why the hell was Penny running so much? Was Carson injured? 6 carries by Carson? I had to check out halfway through the game so maybe I missed something when I tuned in later, but why was Penny getting so many carries? He's fat, clearly out of shape, and Carson is a WAY better means of productivity.

Kind of shades of last season.  Abandon the run completely and just put the game in Wilson's hands no matter what.

Archived