Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Chicago Bears (0-1) - Week 2

showtime

Carson must have dinged up something considering Mike Davis was getting touches on high leverage drives.

Man Russell really crapped the bed. The offensive was not even that bad last night. They did a decent job slowing down Mack. Heck, Ifedi 1v1 Mack alot during the game. Russell just keep reverting back to rookie-1st year bad tendencies. Not sliding through pockets, bailing too early. And now he is holding onto the ball too long too boot. Him and Shotty need to get their stuff straight. Next week in a MUST win. 

It sucks because the defense has given the offense 5 turnovers but they have given 5 turnovers back.

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Is Will Dissly the unquestioned starter and from a fantasy aspect should I expect him to be a solid contributor week in and week out? Does he and will he continue to get a ton of targets?

Yeah he's the starter, and with how bad the Seahawks offense is he and Lockett are the only "reliable" targets right now.

-----------------------------------------------

Also, as an aside, I'm sure most of y'all have seen this on Twitter already, but it was interesting to see how the sequence of events led up to the pick six.

So Russell was checking out of plays (I think it was 2 straight or 3 straight), which netted Seattle a quick first down. Then Pete calls TO, presumably because Wilson is checking, and Wilson was visibly upset. The next two plays, which Wilson didn't check out of, were an i-form run into a stacked box for no gain (Power), and the pick six. The pick six was interesting because Seattle ran that exact same play and look against Denver the week before. Someone pointed that out on Twitter, and Prince Amukamara replied and confirmed it was something he saw on tape.

Whatever's happening right now between Carroll, Schotty and Wilson, it's really not good for the offense. Carroll seems to be handcuffing Wilson, Wilson is checking out of the garbage/predictable playcalls of Schotty, and Schotty has literally no clue what he's doing and no idea how to do anything.

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Is Will Dissly the unquestioned starter and from a fantasy aspect should I expect him to be a solid contributor week in and week out? Does he and will he continue to get a ton of targets?

Wouldnt count on it. I like Dissly as much as anyone else, but I dont think he will consistently get tons of targets. That athleticism and +hands is super intriguing though. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah he's the starter, and with how bad the Seahawks offense is he and Lockett are the only "reliable" targets right now.

-----------------------------------------------

Also, as an aside, I'm sure most of y'all have seen this on Twitter already, but it was interesting to see how the sequence of events led up to the pick six.

So Russell was checking out of plays (I think it was 2 straight or 3 straight), which netted Seattle a quick first down. Then Pete calls TO, presumably because Wilson is checking, and Wilson was visibly upset. The next two plays, which Wilson didn't check out of, were an i-form run into a stacked box for no gain (Power), and the pick six. The pick six was interesting because Seattle ran that exact same play and look against Denver the week before. Someone pointed that out on Twitter, and Prince Amukamara replied and confirmed it was something he saw on tape.

Whatever's happening right now between Carroll, Schotty and Wilson, it's really not good for the offense. Carroll seems to be handcuffing Wilson, Wilson is checking out of the garbage/predictable playcalls of Schotty, and Schotty has literally no clue what he's doing and no idea how to do anything.

Say what you will about Bevell, but he knew how to work with Russells strengths and weaknesses. Shotty seems to be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Lack of consistent run game brought Bevell down, and is handicapping this offense currently. 

Archived