Jaguars release DT Michael Bennett

.Buzz

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Darn idk who I wanted it to be but not him

it was a simple choice really. do u give up on smoot who u spent a 3rd on or do u get rid of a 3rd/4th string 3 tech who the DL coach doesnt view as his standard. 

it would be interesting to see how hobby would feel about guys like Geno Atkins and Aaron Donald tho.  not saying we will get either of them but im curious if he would love having them if he had a chance to. 

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

it was a simple choice really. do u give up on smoot who u spent a 3rd on or do u get rid of a 3rd/4th string 3 tech who the DL coach doesnt view as his standard. 

it would be interesting to see how hobby would feel about guys like Geno Atkins and Aaron Donald tho.  not saying we will get either of them but im curious if he would love having them if he had a chance to. 

Especially when he have guys like Calais and Taven who can play snaps inside at 3T when needed as well.  There's a few different layers of depth there, and they just seem to prefer Ankou as that depth DL guy, which is fine.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Especially when he have guys like Calais and Taven who can play snaps inside at 3T when needed as well.  There's a few different layers of depth there, and they just seem to prefer Ankou as that depth DL guy, which is fine.

anoku i think is a potential replacement for abry.  i mean 4 million for a Backup DT might be a lil much when u have guys like Calias and Taven who can kick inside. 

you also could probably kick fowler inside and he might do some good in a nascar kinda package

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

anoku i think is a potential replacement for abry.  i mean 4 million for a Backup DT might be a lil much when u have guys like Calias and Taven who can kick inside. 

you also could probably kick fowler inside and he might do some good in a nascar kinda package

Specifically speaking, yeah...he's more behind Dareus and Abry.  But as a role, he's more the extra interior DL they wanted to keep, over Bennett...who is probably an easier guy to replace depth-wise because of those other roster locks we have who can kick inside.  That depth Interior DLine spot you could pretty much go either way.  They obviously prefer Ankou for some combination of his upside, fit, and presumably maximizing depth across the line.

Archived