GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

8 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

I'm not disputing that. In fact I think Hue is now 1-32-1. I'm just saying that today's game is not on the coach. We were in position to win on the road against a strong team but our kicker kept butchering converts and makable FGs in a dome. 

Our former 1-31 GM brought in zinging Zane. Our current GM elected to keep Zane despite overhauling the inherited roster. Dumb coach, dumb GMs.

Zane actually produced fairly well the second half of the season. You’re blaming Dorsey for that?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Watched the game.

Have taken in all the comments.

Bottom line is: We found a way to lose, again.

There is something sinister going on here.

We do not know how to win.

And that starts at the top.

Have known a lot of Haslam and Hueball types when I practiced corporate law.

Empty suits and charlatons.

They never win long-term.

Neither will we as long as those two are at the helm.

Can't do much about Haslam, but Hueball can go tomorrow, unless of course his 8-figure parachute doesn't kick in until he coaches 4 or more games into the season.

Have learned this: Hold the HC by contract to some kind of minimal achievement to hold his/her job. Something more than say: 1-31-1

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Our D can win games - it may not be complete and the late  pass to Ginn was inexcusable, but it's young, hungry, aggressive and will get better.                                                  

Our offense is by and large offensive. Taylor is everything you want in a back-up, he's not the future or, IMO, our best chance to win now.  Guy's never had a 300 yard passing game in his career, I can see why; take away the hail Mary and he's got 199 yards on the day, and a costly pick to boot.  Our running game, almost as bad.  Hyde's a good back, but he generally can't make it to the LOS without someone on him.  Run-blocking is pitiful; we spent so much on the interior, just not seeing the payoff.                                                                                                      

ST are just God-awful, we'd be 2-0 with a descent unit.  Amos was meh when he was at Arizona, he's brought nothing better here.                                                                                  

As for the FO, please see above. 

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Zane actually produced fairly well the second half of the season. You’re blaming Dorsey for that?

When was the last time an NFL kicker missed two converts in the same game in a dome? Zane's terrible. We could be 2 and 0 with an adequate kicker.

6 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

When was the last time an NFL kicker missed two converts in the same game in a dome? Zane's terrible. We could be 2 and 0 with an adequate kicker.

Never said he didn’t suck today. I just said Zane improved throughout last year as a young kicker. Why would you get rid of him?

Fast forward to now. He sucked today so now Dorsey should (and will) look into it. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Never said he didn’t suck today. I just said Zane improved throughout last year as a young kicker. Why would you get rid of him?

Fast forward to now. He sucked today so now Dorsey should (and will) look into it. 

Some folks blamed Hue for today's loss. I simply disagreed and pointed out that our kicker sucked and two GMs have provided Hue with that kicker. And for the record, I don't think Hue should still have his job. I just believe that the least a GM (Sachi or Dorsey) can do for a young and vulnerable team is provide them with a reliable kicker.

8 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Some folks blamed Hue for today's loss. I simply disagreed and pointed out that our kicker sucked and two GMs have provided Hue with that kicker. And for the record, I don't think Hue should still have his job. I just believe that the least a GM (Sachi or Dorsey) can do for a young and vulnerable team is provide them with a reliable kicker.

Oh I agree Hue didn’t lose this game. That was squarely on Zane. I’d prefer a young kicker to grow with the team and mature into a really good kicker when we’re ready to contend. Zane up until today qualified. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh I agree Hue didn’t lose this game. That was squarely on Zane. I’d prefer a young kicker to grow with the team and mature into a really good kicker when we’re ready to contend. Zane up until today qualified. 

We'll see. We don't know yet but those kicks wouldn't have mattered with a decent offensive output in this game. If Mayfield is good and our best chance to win games and he never had a chance to compete for the job simply because the head coach wanted to stick to his word when he said he wouldn't start this year nor get any first team reps then it will fall on Hue for not fielding the best team that he had available. Baker may look like a goofy rookie when he gets his chance and we can point to Zane or Dorsey for passing up a better QB option but Mayfield is the most talented QB on the roster and if it turns out he is instant offense and we made him hold a clipboard while our defense stepped up and our offense let us down then Hue gets that blame.

I think at the very worst Mayfield matches what Taylor has done throwing the ball so Taylor needs to succeed with his legs to make starting him seem logical and he didn't do that today. I do think Mayfield will take too many sacks but he shouldn't miss those intermediate passes that Taylor isn't hitting and he should see the open man when there is a clean pocket and that will lead to more scores. He may have taken twice as many sacks as Taylor did today though and that kills drives too, or maybe he is better at that aspect than he showed with the 2nd team offensive line in the preseason, we can't really know. Either way, I'm comfortable in the belief that we score more with Mayfield than Taylor so unless I am wrong...gasp... Hue probably takes some blame for this loss.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think at the very worst Mayfield matches what Taylor has done throwing the ball so Taylor needs to succeed with his legs to make starting him seem logical and he didn't do that today. I do think Mayfield will take too many sacks but he shouldn't miss those intermediate passes that Taylor isn't hitting and he should see the open man when there is a clean pocket and that will lead to more scores. He may have taken twice as many sacks as Taylor did today though and that kills drives too, or maybe he is better at that aspect than he showed with the 2nd team offensive line in the preseason, we can't really know. Either way, I'm comfortable in the belief that we score more with Mayfield than Taylor so unless I am wrong...gasp... Hue probably takes some blame for this loss.

This is all very difficult to say with certainty. I need to dive into some of the stats such as how long Tyrod held onto the ball before passing, but he's always had this reputation of hesitating and holding on to the ball for too long. At the same time, that's something Baker has stressed numerous times throughout the preseason, and when he says he needs to work on something...hot damn is he gonna work on it.

I found myself thinking on several late or overthrown balls that "Baker would have completed that." We've seen him do it time and time again in the preseason and in college, but we cannot say with absolute positivity that it would have been the case. I believe in the benefit of the doubt, and I think Tyrod did step up in our most dire time of need. That throw to Callaway was SPOT. ON...Complete Perfection.

Where Tyrod does have an edge is an ability to make something out of nothing with his mobility. Now, I think at the same time, Baker has a far stronger pocket presence and an ability to feel the pressure more effectively. The biggest example of where this may have paid off was the one play where Ty literally backed into pressure and took a sack instead of stepping up in the pocket.

All in all though, these claims are impossible to support at the moment. We'd love to believe our shiny new toy can make all these plays flawlessly, and I think in certain situations, he would have done so, better than Taylor. On the other hand, there could have been instances where Mayfield's skillset would have hurt us when Tyrod actually turned them into positive yards.

I'm ranting about hypotheticals and talking myself into a vicious cycle, so I suppose I digress (for now), but I really just wanna talk Browns non stop cus I love this team so damn much. I love the direction we're headed in, and thank the ******* heavens we're not Buffalo.

11 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This is all very difficult to say with certainty. I need to dive into some of the stats such as how long Tyrod held onto the ball before passing, but he's always had this reputation of hesitating and holding on to the ball for too long. At the same time, that's something Baker has stressed numerous times throughout the preseason, and when he says he needs to work on something...hot damn is he gonna work on it.

I found myself thinking on several late or overthrown balls that "Baker would have completed that." We've seen him do it time and time again in the preseason and in college, but we cannot say with absolute positivity that it would have been the case. I believe in the benefit of the doubt, and I think Tyrod did step up in our most dire time of need. That throw to Callaway was SPOT. ON...Complete Perfection.

Where Tyrod does have an edge is an ability to make something out of nothing with his mobility. Now, I think at the same time, Baker has a far stronger pocket presence and an ability to feel the pressure more effectively. The biggest example of where this may have paid off was the one play where Ty literally backed into pressure and took a sack instead of stepping up in the pocket.

All in all though, these claims are impossible to support at the moment. We'd love to believe our shiny new toy can make all these plays flawlessly, and I think in certain situations, he would have done so, better than Taylor. On the other hand, there could have been instances where Mayfield's skillset would have hurt us when Tyrod actually turned them into positive yards.

I'm ranting about hypotheticals and talking myself into a vicious cycle, so I suppose I digress (for now), but I really just wanna talk Browns non stop cus I love this team so damn much. I love the direction we're headed in, and thank the ******* heavens we're not Buffalo.

Okay but I have a serious question.

I've watched Tyrod make plenty of throws in the pre-season and in the regular season now.  His deep ball accuracy is just not there...

Also it was 4th and 5 (I know it worked but it was a STUPID decision to throw the ball 47 yards on that play), Tyrod has a TON of trust for Landry and shows it with how often the ball goes his way...

So my question is this...Was that ball intended for Callaway?  Go back and watch the tape.  That ball was right in line of where Landry was running, just overthrown....

Callaway made a GREAT correction and sped up and ran inside, but they wouldn't have had both receivers running to the same spot on that play in the endzone...

Tell me they weren't both running go routes, Callaway down the sideline and Jarvis down the middle.  Taylor threw that ball DIRECTLY over Landry's head, and Callaway sped up, corrected, and made the catch...

Was that ball ever meant for Callaway?....

Archived