GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

II could also make the point that trading down is how you end up with Corey Coleman after having your pick of Carson Wentz Joey Bosa or jalen Ramsey or zeke.  Or having the chance to draft Julio Jones and trading back ending up with nothing to show from it. I admit sometimes it’s prudent to trade down and add picks But quantity over quality is not always the right route

21 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

II could also make the point that trading down is how you end up with Corey Coleman after having your pick of Carson Wentz Joey Bosa or jalen Ramsey or zeke.  

Not if you draft a good player there.  Despite the history with the Browns, you don’t have to draft turds just because you trade down.

21 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Or having the chance to draft Julio Jones and trading back ending up with nothing to show from it. I admit sometimes it’s prudent to trade down and add picks But quantity over quality is not always the right route

Again, instead of Phil Taylor, take Mo Wilkerson.  The pick we traded to the Chiefs to move up and draft Taylor became Justin Houston.

The issue has never been the trade backs, there’s always been good/great players available, it’s that our front office never identifies them and/or coaches never develop them.

Besides, it’s not like we can’t goof up a top 5-10 pick just as easily.  Do I need to list them?

15 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

II could also make the point that trading down is how you end up with Corey Coleman after having your pick of Carson Wentz Joey Bosa or jalen Ramsey or zeke.  Or having the chance to draft Julio Jones and trading back ending up with nothing to show from it. I admit sometimes it’s prudent to trade down and add picks But quantity over quality is not always the right route

It is possible at this stage that the haul and Wentz are both pretty meh. Wentz look awesome when playing. But he has had two major injuries in two seasons. 

Ribs and knee, along with an injury plagued college career. He might not be a qb1. 

Before the 2016 draft our roster needed to be deconstructed. It is too bad that we missed on too many of the picks.

We got rid of our best talent evaluator in Tom Beckett (rip). 

It would of been nice to of kept him over banner. 

Though heckert stuffed up the 2012 1st round. Over drafting a rob and drafting weeden who didn’t have that many characteristics of a franchise qb. Just a strong arm. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kinda hard to say we should or shouldn’t have traded down without know what the offers were, no?

I’m usually leading the mob who wants to trade down, but Dorsey said no decent offer came in.  So be it, can’t make a deal that doesn’t exist.

But to act like Ward is the reason you don’t trade down is just about the definition of stupid though, the only reason we even had that pick is because of a trade down.

Peppers and Ward or Hooker?  Who you taking?

Again said trading down is fine if the price is right. Some ppl on here were all for trading down for the sake of trading Down. 

Again the likes of Ward and Chubb were not worth trading down unless a deal came a long like the Bills trading there future 1st along with current 1st. Trading down for a lesser 1st and some 2nd rd picks wouldn’t have been worth. 

Again I understand that the only reason we got Ward was because of a trade down but  again that Ward pick materialized because the Browns passed on Goff and traded down from the likes of Wentz and Watson. Again trading down wasn’t the smartest move. Looking at that way.

Hey maybe if the Browns take Watson they still get Ward because there only 1st rd pick could have been the Ward pick and Browns don’t go 0-16. Because Watson is better than Kizer. 

Eite Corner vs Elite Safety. Corner with no injury history vs. safety having some injuries issues. I’m taking Ward over Hooker. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Again said trading down is fine if the price is right. Some ppl on here were all for trading down for the sake of trading Down. 

Literally no one held this position. You're making something up that didn't exist to make a point. Point me to one person who was saying "screw getting any value, let's move down into the teens for free!"

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not if you draft a good player there.  Despite the history with the Browns, you don’t have to draft turds just because you trade down.

Again, instead of Phil Taylor, take Mo Wilkerson.  The pick we traded to the Chiefs to move up and draft Taylor became Justin Houston.

The issue has never been the trade backs, there’s always been good/great players available, it’s that our front office never identifies them and/or coaches never develop them.

Besides, it’s not like we can’t goof up a top 5-10 pick just as easily.  Do I need to list them?

Again you said the issue wasn’t the trading down, it was the talent evaluation. Which lead to picking the wrong guy. 

Example, instead of drafting Taylor you take Wilkerson. If the talent evaluators were that good. You don’t trade down and you take Julio, Watt, or Aldon Smith. I’ll take an one elite guy over 2 good guys.

i don’t mind trading down when the talent isn’t there but when there is talent there like a Wentz or Zeke or Bosa and trading back, it’s a huge, huge Gamble 

We don’t know what the offers were....

Again the likes of Ward and Chubb were not worth trading down unless a deal came a long like the Bills trading there future 1st along with current 1st. Trading down for a lesser 1st and some 2nd rd picks wouldn’t have been worth. 

Stop with the Ward stuff, no one was pounding the table for Ward at 4. It was a bit of a surprise that everyone has since glommed onto.

Again I understand that the only reason we got Ward was because of a trade down but  again that Ward pick materialized because the Browns passed on Goff

Did we now?

and traded down from the likes of Wentz and Watson. Again trading down wasn’t the smartest move. Looking at that way.

After two years, no.  I’ll wait a while on Watson, I’m not convinced.

Hey maybe if the Browns take Watson they still get Ward because there only 1st rd pick could have been the Ward pick and Browns don’t go 0-16. Because Watson is better than Kizer. 

So we’ll be much improved and still able to draft Ward?

Eite Corner vs Elite Safety. Corner with no injury history vs. safety having some injuries issues. I’m taking Ward over Hooker. 

So Jabril Peppers is just the icing huh?  Sign me up for more of those scenarios.

Archived