GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

5 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Okay but I have a serious question.

I've watched Tyrod make plenty of throws in the pre-season and in the regular season now.  His deep ball accuracy is just not there...

Also it was 4th and 5 (I know it worked but it was a STUPID decision to throw the ball 47 yards on that play), Tyrod has a TON of trust for Landry and shows it with how often the ball goes his way...

So my question is this...Was that ball intended for Callaway?  Go back and watch the tape.  That ball was right in line of where Landry was running, just overthrown....

Callaway made a GREAT correction and sped up and ran inside, but they wouldn't have had both receivers running to the same spot on that play in the endzone...

Tell me they weren't both running go routes, Callaway down the sideline and Jarvis down the middle.  Taylor threw that ball DIRECTLY over Landry's head, and Callaway sped up, corrected, and made the catch...

Was that ball ever meant for Callaway?....

Fair question. I'll give you two reasons why I believe it was:

1. Cian Fahey, who pretty much charts his own next gen stats, ranked Tyrod in the top tier of deep ball accuracy during Tyrod's time in Buffalo. Perhaps not launching it often helped TT, but it definitely means something.

2. Joel Bitonio said in the lockerroom following the game that Callaway told him "you do your job and I'm gonna score."

Yes, Tyrod has made some poor throws in his time here, but I still believe he is capable of throwing good deep balls. It sounds to me like you think he couldn't possibly ever throw an accurate deepball, which even the worst of the NFL QB's can do every once in a blue moon.

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Fair question. I'll give you two reasons why I believe it was:

1. Cian Fahey, who pretty much charts his own next gen stats, ranked Tyrod in the top tier of deep ball accuracy during Tyrod's time in Buffalo. Perhaps not launching it often helped TT, but it definitely means something.

2. Joel Bitonio said in the lockerroom following the game that Callaway told him "you do your job and I'm gonna score."

Yes, Tyrod has made some poor throws in his time here, but I still believe he is capable of throwing good deep balls. It sounds to me like you think he couldn't possibly ever throw an accurate deepball, which even the worst of the NFL QB's can do every once in a blue moon.

Do I think he couldn't possibly throw that accurate of a deep ball? Of course I do.

But I am not sure why he threw it where he threw it if it was going to Callaway....It would make more sense to throw in down the sideline in the corner where it would have been father away from the safety.

Also I can't speak to Cian Fahey (but I respect his stats a great deal) and what Tyrod did in Buffalo, I can only speak to what Ive seen so far.

Granted the previous game was in very bad weather and I'm sure that had something to do with it...

That being said I'm not sure why that Joel Bitonio quote helps the case...

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Do I think he couldn't possibly throw that accurate of a deep ball? Of course I do.

But I am not sure why he threw it where he threw it if it was going to Callaway....It would make more sense to throw in down the sideline in the corner where it would have been father away from the safety.

Also I can't speak to Cian Fahey (but I respect his stats a great deal) and what Tyrod did in Buffalo, I can only speak to what Ive seen so far.

Granted the previous game was in very bad weather and I'm sure that had something to do with it...

That being said I'm not sure why that Joel Bitonio quote helps the case...

Tyrod missed some tough throws he should have made, that's for damn sure. But his whole career is based on not turning the ball over, that is the result of a combination of conservative play and accuracy. If it were solely conservative play, he'd be Cody Kessler, which he certainly isn't. He does have some accuracy.

As far as the Joel quote, it provides reason to believe that Callaway knew he'd be targeted. You don't think so?

At the end of the day, Tyrod threw it where only his guy could make a play. If you want to believe that was an accident, feel free, but it's like the ending of Inception...open to interpretation and we'll never find out the true answer. Hence, as I said in the original post you quoted, I believe in the benefit of the doubt...Tyrod made a great throw.

Archived