GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Literally no one held this position. You're making something up that didn't exist to make a point. Point me to one person who was saying "screw getting any value, let's move down into the teens for free!"

Didn’t mean like giving the  pick away but swear I remember that some thought  Browns not taking a deal with the Bills was stupid.

That before the draft that a lot of ppl wanted to trade down from 4 even knowing how the draft will play out. 

That a trade down needed to happen so there was extra draft capital next year. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Again you said the issue wasn’t the trading down, it was the talent evaluation. Which lead to picking the wrong guy. 

Example, instead of drafting Taylor you take Wilkerson. If the talent evaluators were that good. You don’t trade down and you take Julio, Watt, or Aldon Smith. I’ll take an one elite guy over 2 good guys.

i don’t mind trading down when the talent isn’t there but when there is talent there like a Wentz or Zeke or Bosa and trading back, it’s a huge, huge Gamble 

Part of it depends on the state of your roster.

When Sashi took over we had almost zero talent under 30 with the exception of Gordon. 

People act like Wentz automatically has the same success here despite being forced to play with essentially no talent around him for a year or two.

Same thing with Julio.  Does he come the stud we know without Matt Ryan?  

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stop with the Ward stuff, no one was pounding the table for Ward at 4. It was a bit of a surprise that everyone has since glommed onto.

It's who I wanted if we didn't trade back but I value need more than most and that was a huge need.

As far as trading back itself I'm almost always for it if we already took the hit a previous year. I would have traded back at 4 or traded #33 for a 1st in 2019 whichever scenario I preferred.

18 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

For goodness sakes.. have you gone mad?  Did you not hear the man?

PFF says though... thus, the future is determined...

Get with the freaking program...

It is Law... So say we all..

Only when it fits our narrative :)

PFF is awesome when it backs up our side of the argument. But when it doesnt, its easy to start the "PFF is garbage and only idiots take them seriously" nonsense.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We don’t know what the offers were....

Stop with the Ward stuff, no one was pounding the table for Ward at 4. It was a bit of a surprise that everyone has since glommed onto.

Did we now?

After two years, no.  I’ll wait a while on Watson, I’m not convinced.

So we’ll be much improved and still able to draft Ward?

So Jabril Peppers is just the icing huh?  Sign me up for more of those scenarios.

Offers weren’t worth it to move down, that’s all we need to know 

Ward was a bit of a surprise because everyone thought it be he likes of Chubb. Hence I said the like of Chubb and Ward. 

The titans were shopping that Goff pick. Everyone knew the Titans weren’t going to take a QB because of Mariota. If the Browns really wanted to get Goff they could of made that trade to get him. That pick was for sale and the Browns passed on it meaning they passed on Goff. 

Agree on Watson but he has looked the part so far. 

If the browns had a capable QB the team wins at least 2-4 games which is a much improvement than 0-16. Winning 4 games puts right in the 3-6 pick range last year, which would be the Wars area. 

When to go Ward and Peppers or Hooker. I’d take Ward over hooker if it was those two straight up. So Peppers would just be a throw in. 

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Have we done any better when we traded up in the first than we have trading down?

We’ve sucked in both circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's who I wanted if we didn't trade back but I value need more than most and that was a huge need.

Not doubting you, but pretty much no one was pounding the table for him.  No one was calling him an elite CB prospect in March, now the revisionist history is occurring for some. Most folks wanted Barkley, Chubb, Minkah or a trade down.  Ward was prolly the 5th most popular option, at best, at least over the course of the predraft process, Jan to April.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As far as trading back itself I'm almost always for it if we already took the hit a previous year. I would have traded back at 4 or traded #33 for a 1st in 2019 whichever scenario I preferred.

This is pretty much where I’m at.  

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Didn’t mean like giving the  pick away but swear I remember that some thought  Browns not taking a deal with the Bills was stupid.

That before the draft that a lot of ppl wanted to trade down from 4 even knowing how the draft will play out. 

That a trade down needed to happen so there was extra draft capital next year. 

I'm pretty sure everybody had assumed price tags on a move down with Buffalo. Almost ALL of which included Buff's 1st this year. Buff is truly, truly awful. So let's say they moved up with us instead of Cinci. Would you rather have...

Denzel Ward
vs.
Jaire Alexander and Ed Oliver

I've loved Ward so far. But that's not a hard decision for me.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we get 3-5 years of good lt play from Harrison that is delux. Basically saves  next years 1st, so we could spend on a skill player or defensive player. 

The one thing that I saw from some writers on Twitter is them mentioning the poor communication from the offensive linemen on stunts, blitz pickups, ect. They said even last year it was horrible and this year it looks like more of the same.  I dont know how to address that...so whatever I guess? So apparently they a good individually but poor at working together as a unit

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm pretty sure everybody had assumed price tags on a move down with Buffalo. Almost ALL of which included Buff's 1st this year. Buff is truly, truly awful. So let's say they moved up with us instead of Cinci. Would you rather have...

Denzel Ward
vs.
Jaire Alexander and Ed Oliver

I've loved Ward so far. But that's not a hard decision for me.

I sol enjoyed following the Texans's progress all year as well. It would've been exciting to watch it crumble all while having their pick.

Archived