Do The Lions Fire JBC?

MortexLion

With the News  that the jets new our plays every snap is just completely Stupid and JBC and the coaching staff are trash whats your guys thoughts on this and is this something that can be fixed? Wont other teams just do the same now...I mean how can they change every play call and signal and not a have a problem..

Last Night really made be put in question not just the coaching staff but Quinn so embarrassing!

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Quinn is the one who sucks 

Let's face it, it goes even higher than that. When WCF died there was a brief window of optimism, then when it turned out Martha was taking over that was like a bucket of cold water.

Then when they fired Lewand and Mayhew there was hope they would hire a football guy to run the whole show, instead they hired the guy who ran the Ford family's tax write-off.

Those were red flags, but it wasn't till last night that it became obvious and undeniable that WCFs dysfunction was never excised and has now re-infected the whole organization.

After a day of reflection instead of my usual post defeat depression, I am ready to share my thoughts..

1. Stafford in my opinion was the main reason we lost that game. He has the ability to change any play at anytime pre snap, and he didnt read the defense well at all. All of his picks where some of the worst decisions he has made in years. The interceptions not only resulted in 13 direct points, but also completely sapped any momentum we were able to build.

2. The defense is hurting. Patricia needs to scale it back and make sure the guys can do their jobs before getting too exotic. Players were constantly out of position, and hardly executed when they were in position. We lost Ziggy so they need to figure out a great way to use the Kennards and Harolds for some pass rush and hope for the best. Quinn needs to stop being so bone headed and sign Hankins.. like yesterday. Our run D is not a run D.. it is just dudes on the field. 

3. Special Teams; anomaly.. I am pretty confident we kept our ST coordinator and we have have very good special teams for some time. I expect they will not like that for the rest of the year.

All that said, there are Silver Linings;

1. I dont expect Staffy will have many more outings like that again this year. For those claiming he has reached his ceiling, totally fine with that. He is a top 10 QB in this league and 99% of people will say the same... 1 game doesn't change that. He is 30 and in the middle of his prime and looks great physically, he is not regressing either. 

2. Patricia is known for his ability to make adjustments. Granted he didnt make very many this game, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he will figure it out. New England didnt always start fast defensively, but always seemed to rally under his watch. Hopefully he an also make adjustments to how he coaches to mesh better with others personalities as well. I also expect more turn over on the roster.

3. Special Teams- see above

Couple other notes- 

- Kerryon Johnson should be our starting running back

- Jones Jr and Golladay both missed a couple 50/50 balls a piece they should have caught for deep gains

- Golladay showed out otherwise. Possible future WR1- he caught all types of routes

- We need a TE to help out in the seam (Valles maybe??)

- Oline is a work in progress, clearly

- Hopefully we improve and no one gets fired mid season :)

- It is one game ya'll

For a couple of years now, JBC has watched Stafford struggle in his normal offense and thrive in a hurry up style.  I get it may not be sustainable for a whole game, as our D is not good enough or deep enough to be on the field more, but why the heck do we not start with it to get him in a rhythm?  That's why we should fire JBC, but I doubt we do during the season. 

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

For a couple of years now, JBC has watched Stafford struggle in his normal offense and thrive in a hurry up style.  I get it may not be sustainable for a whole game, as our D is not good enough or deep enough to be on the field more, but why the heck do we not start with it to get him in a rhythm?  That's why we should fire JBC, but I doubt we do during the season. 

As a guy who has JBC in his avatar...

I agree.

Archived