A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think it is a stretch but the rumors of Jalen Ramsey being on the block would be an interesting get as he has 2 years left on his contract and is a shut down corner. Can you imagine both him and Tre along with Hyde, poyer and turon in the backfield that could be the worst thing opponent qbs would deal with. The asking price may be to high but it would be an interesting player to give even with him starting to become somewhat of a diva or crap talker.

He talked a ton of **** about Josh Allen he ain’t comin here

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

No team should pay an RB 17 mil a year. 

I'd rather have Shady for about half that and a better locker room. 

We gotta pay somebody. Why not gamble on a game changing RB that'll take pressure of Josh Allen and his new cast of weapons next year or 2? 

Our defense is already playoff caliber and young. This makes alot of sense and let's not kid ourselves into thinking old Shady will ever be back consistently either. He have 2-3 duds to every one quality game going forward. He's lost a step 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We gotta pay somebody. Why not gamble on a game changing RB that'll take pressure of Josh Allen and his new cast of weapons next year or 2? 

Our defense is already playoff caliber and young. This makes alot of sense and let's not kid ourselves into thinking old Shady will ever be back consistently either. He have 2-3 duds to every one quality game going forward. He's lost a step 

We do and it needs to be spent on the OL. Look at how often teams have been successful running the ball with someone who wasn't THE premier RB in the league. They did it with a good OL and with a quality back who may be only some late round rookie. Also, when the OL is solid, your RB can get injured and they will still be able to block for the next man up. We don't need to spend that cash on Bell and whatever other off-field drama he might bring.

22 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Maybe it is just me but I have always seen and used split ends as the fast guys who stretch the field on the opposite side of the TE. Most, if not all teams use their flanker as their primary receiver, hence having Tyrell Williams there. Zay is going to be deadly in the slot with the way he runs routes.

Speed guys are usually Flankers cause they're able to get more speration which is useful cause a Flanker starts behind the line of scrimmage. Split Ends are usually bigger and more physical and use there body to get advantage over the smaller DBs.

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

That is the type of mentality that gets Charles Clay and other bums big contracts. We have the money to spend but we also don't want to massively overpay guys for the sake of doing so. Makes for a great headlines in the spring but then your team is in cap hell a few years later. 

Game changing RB's are available off the street sometimes and always in the middle of the draft. When the Bills had an OL they have Mike Gilislee being viewed as a top 10 back and now he's bounced off a few teams. No reason to think Shady, Ivory and Murphy with a back from the 3rd or 4th round can't be just as good yardage and TD wise as Bell would be here and at a fraction of the price long-term.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Speed guys are usually Flankers cause they're able to get more speration which is useful cause a Flanker starts behind the line of scrimmage. Split Ends are usually bigger and more physical and use there body to get advantage over the smaller DBs.

I really think that is an old school view and now it really depends on the offense. The Rams use Cooks as a split end almost exclusively with Kupp and Woods playing off the line. Saints have Thomas as their primary receiver and is used off the line more than any other wideout in that offense.

16 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He talked a ton of **** about Josh Allen he ain’t comin here

He was talking a ton of crap to about 90% of the qbs in the league thats what he does. Cant take it personal and the way Josh Allen handled himself at that time and now shows that he is the bigger man. Not to mention Allen showed respect for him this week. He may talk crap but when you back it up you have to respect it. He is trying to deflect off of his crappy qb that he has too.

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That is the type of mentality that gets Charles Clay and other bums big contracts. We have the money to spend but we also don't want to massively overpay guys for the sake of doing so. Makes for a great headlines in the spring but then your team is in cap hell a few years later. 

Game changing RB's are available off the street sometimes and always in the middle of the draft. When the Bills had an OL they have Mike Gilislee being viewed as a top 10 back and now he's bounced off a few teams. No reason to think Shady, Ivory and Murphy with a back from the 3rd or 4th round can't be just as good yardage and TD wise as Bell would be here and at a fraction of the price long-term.

exactly bulk that oline up as much as possible and stick with what you have. To bad there is no Gurley level RB coming out that the bills can look at taking in the 1st round those guys have shown that they were worthy of being drafted that early. Even McCaffrey has proved to be a solid contributor for Carolina. I think you keep the RBs the same as this year and focus on the oline, wr, and te position on offense. Another thing is Murphy hasnt been healthy and they could move on from him if they want to. Shaq has proven to be better this year then the past he has 2 years left if you take in account the 5th year option to view what he can do. Hughes will be 31 before 2019 season starts so you have to start thinking about paying a Pass Rusher. Then you have Kyle Williams who will likely retire, if Harrison Phillips is going to fill his spot that is good but they only have 4 DT at the moment and the other Phillips is a FA so money has to be spent there. Lorenzo Alexander is another guy who is getting up there in age and is a FA as well so who knows what he will want or if he wants to hang it up as well. Finally the #2 Corner is still questionable with guys like Levi Wallace and Ryan Lewis filling it in. They could easily upgrade that position as well. 

My point is the bills have holes on both sides of the ball moving past this season so it is important to spend the money wisely and not go swinging for Bell who may or may not even be the elite caliber he once was. He had a solid oline for him to take time to wait for the hole to develop the bills dont have that luxury right now, not to mention his work ethic whether you think he should be on the field or not this year isnt the question. My question is if he gets paid what is his motivation? Before someone asks this, No an incentive contract is not going to work because other teams will be willing to risk it and pay him. He holds all the cards in Free Agency not the teams because it only takes one team to blow their load on this guy and it will happen just hope its not Buffalo. I would rather spend less and go after Coleman if you were looking at an Rb then this guy.

I often wonder if the Bills allow Daboll to pick his offensive staff next season what it may look like. My guess based on him wanting a combo of continuity and his own guys:

QB: Bill Musgrave - current Broncos OC and that staff may be let go. He has worked with Robiskie, McDermott and Frasier is the past. Helped develop Matt Ryan

RB: Gary Brown - Current Cowboys RB coach. Worked with Daboll in the past and Dallas may be making some coaching changes

WR: Terry Robiskie - Bills current WR coach who has helped progress Jones and Foster. A nice veteran coach

TE: Tony Sparano Jr. - Second stint with the Bills. Has worked with Daboll and has a solid football pedigree. 

OL: Andy Dickerson - Current Rams assistant OL coach. Learning from Aaron Kromer the past 2 years, he should get his own unit next season. Worked with Daboll in the past. 

On 20/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Trentwannabe said:

This is just simply an inaccurate statement bruh. One, franchise RB don't waltz off the street. Kareem Hunt, Todd Gurley, LeVeon Bell, Saquon Barkley were all taken early. You see it happen occasionally and think it's the norm. It's not. McCoy (early pick) is declining rapidly, Ivory is older with alot of tread gone.

Mike Gillislee was never viewed as a top 10 RB outside of the few people in this forum who overvalue our players and compare every player we draft who they don't like to a bust or there absolute floor.

Finally, Buffalo has to overpay to land players. Bro we had a **** team for 2 decades because of your logic. It's time to go big game hunting and win championships 

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is just simply an inaccurate statement bruh. One, franchise RB don't waltz off the street. Kareem Hunt, Todd Gurley, LeVeon Bell, Saquon Barkley were all taken early. You see it happen occasionally and think it's the norm. It's not. McCoy (early pick) is declining rapidly, Ivory is older with alot of tread gone.

Mike Gillislee was never viewed as a top 10 RB outside of the few people in this forum who overvalue our players and compare every player we draft who they don't like to a bust or there absolute floor.

Finally, Buffalo has to overpay to land players. Bro we had a **** team for 2 decades because of your logic. It's time to go big game hunting and win championships 

Hunt and Bell weren’t even first round picks. I’m with you about spending, but i also understand the other side about the running back position being the only spot not to splurge at.

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Hunt and Bell weren’t even first round picks. I’m with you about spending, but i also understand the other side about the running back position being the only spot not to splurge at.

Bell was an early 2 I believe and Hunt dropped to 3 because of injuries. 1st round talent but hence why I said early picks. So let's just change Hunt to McCaffery or Zeke Elliott than 

Archived