A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

35 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well im surprised but not surprising news the bills cut both Andre Holmes and Kelvin Benjamin. I guess his latest antics of being lazy on the field was enough for them to cut him.

I wondered if something was coming after McDermott's comments about Josh's interception. 

With two WRs being cut it will be interesting to see who they bring in.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I wondered if something was coming after McDermott's comments about Josh's interception. 

With two WRs being cut it will be interesting to see who they bring in.

They brought 2 guys up from psquad DE and CB.. they are out of the playoffs and they dont plan on paying him so they want to see what the young guys do before they decide to retain them for the future. Plus if someone picks up Kbenji they get back 2 mil and the bills cleared 1.5 mil with holmes. I think Charles Clay will be the next to go saving 4.5 mil. I think the bills staff has had it with benjamin when you rewatch the game you can literally see him walking his route he isnt even trying to look like he wants to play. The funny thing is he is hurting himself because no one is going to pay his lazy a.. His attitude has apparently gotten worse and he offers nothing to this young team. Shady may be frustrated with the oline but he isnt showing it and he is giving Allen a huge boost every time he makes a play hes there to celebrate with him. People want shady gone but i think him being there is boosting the offense on the field and on the sidelines.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

They brought 2 guys up from psquad DE and CB.. they are out of the playoffs and they dont plan on paying him so they want to see what the young guys do before they decide to retain them for the future. Plus if someone picks up Kbenji they get back 2 mil and the bills cleared 1.5 mil with holmes. I think Charles Clay will be the next to go saving 4.5 mil. I think the bills staff has had it with benjamin when you rewatch the game you can literally see him walking his route he isnt even trying to look like he wants to play. The funny thing is he is hurting himself because no one is going to pay his lazy a.. His attitude has apparently gotten worse and he offers nothing to this young team. Shady may be frustrated with the oline but he isnt showing it and he is giving Allen a huge boost every time he makes a play hes there to celebrate with him. People want shady gone but i think him being there is boosting the offense on the field and on the sidelines.

KB annoyed me at first because he played so soft - nothing matching his size. Then I kept seeing him alligator arm balls that looked catchable, which started to pish me off. The last straw for me was when he refused to work a little on running routes with Josh before a game. One of our vets should have grabbed him by his kitty and had a talk with him right then and there. After that, our FO should have cut him the next week when he still played like he couldn't care less. He doesn't even deserve to get paid in the CFL. Every rookie coming into the Bills organization should be forced to watch video of him and explained that that is how you get shown the door.

12 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

KB annoyed me at first because he played so soft - nothing matching his size. Then I kept seeing him alligator arm balls that looked catchable, which started to pish me off. The last straw for me was when he refused to work a little on running routes with Josh before a game. One of our vets should have grabbed him by his kitty and had a talk with him right then and there. After that, our FO should have cut him the next week when he still played like he couldn't care less. He doesn't even deserve to get paid in the CFL. Every rookie coming into the Bills organization should be forced to watch video of him and explained that that is how you get shown the door.

I liked the trade and thought last year he was a bit slow because of an injury he had. Then this year came and at first i thought it was him being super cautious of not injuring his knee and wanted to play out the season but build his confidence up. Then he has shown his attitude at that point along with him alligator arming his catches but then showed flashes of being a top talented WR. After watching this game and replaying some of the plays he literally looks like he is kicking rocks and not even trying to be involved. Before I was wanting to extend him thinking he needed another guy to stretch the field and take the spotlight off of him a bit but extremely glad they didnt do that. This guy will make excuses and if some team does end up paying them he is going to do this all over again. im just waiting for him to talk smack about buffalo because we all know it is coming based on guys like Mcgahee in the past. 

13 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I liked the trade and thought last year he was a bit slow because of an injury he had. Then this year came and at first i thought it was him being super cautious of not injuring his knee and wanted to play out the season but build his confidence up. Then he has shown his attitude at that point along with him alligator arming his catches but then showed flashes of being a top talented WR. After watching this game and replaying some of the plays he literally looks like he is kicking rocks and not even trying to be involved. Before I was wanting to extend him thinking he needed another guy to stretch the field and take the spotlight off of him a bit but extremely glad they didnt do that. This guy will make excuses and if some team does end up paying them he is going to do this all over again. im just waiting for him to talk smack about buffalo because we all know it is coming based on guys like Mcgahee in the past. 

Honestly, let him. Everyone is going to see him for what he is, a lazy little whiner. He doesn't belong on our team or worthy of being a part of the city of Buffalo. Buffalo isn't for prisses. Apparently, he didn't know that ahead of time.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Draft N'Keal Harry and sign Donte Moncrief. 

I can live with Harry, Moncrief, Zay and Robert Foster works for me. It's realistic as well

Looks good to me. I am more partial to Tyrell Williams or John Brown but all three of these guys are interchangeable IMO.

My only fear is how long it takes a rookie WR to come into his own.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Looks good to me. I am more partial to Tyrell Williams or John Brown but all three of these guys are interchangeable IMO.

My only fear is how long it takes a rookie WR to come into his own.

My only problem is zeroing in on one guy the bills are likely picking around 10-15 in the draft. I dont know if harry will be there and you cant really risk waiting to the draft to find someone unless your willing to move up to get him. Is he going to be worth the move up? I dont know much about Pac 12 players simply because im on the east coast and the SEC and ACC are the primarily conferences being talked near me. When Julio and AJ were coming out I knew those guys were going to be studs because I followed them along the entire time they were at bama and georgia. Im only hearing about Harry the past month and even then it sounds like he is more of a Devante Parker Kevin White type wr and nothing all that special.

25 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

My only problem is zeroing in on one guy the bills are likely picking around 10-15 in the draft. I dont know if harry will be there and you cant really risk waiting to the draft to find someone unless your willing to move up to get him. Is he going to be worth the move up? I dont know much about Pac 12 players simply because im on the east coast and the SEC and ACC are the primarily conferences being talked near me. When Julio and AJ were coming out I knew those guys were going to be studs because I followed them along the entire time they were at bama and georgia. Im only hearing about Harry the past month and even then it sounds like he is more of a Devante Parker Kevin White type wr and nothing all that special.

TBH I just want a WR. He could have said AJ Brown or DK Metcalf from Ole Miss and I would have been happy.

23 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Honestly, let him. Everyone is going to see him for what he is, a lazy little whiner. He doesn't belong on our team or worthy of being a part of the city of Buffalo. Buffalo isn't for prisses. Apparently, he didn't know that ahead of time.

KBJ = James Hardy + Lazy +bad attitude

RIP James Hardy

Brian Daboll being discussed as a potential target for HC job, specifically GB. He is not the front runner but he is being talked about. I dont think he did a bad job in any way with the talent he was given. He has shown some creativity so far this year and hope he continues to build on that. I do not want him to leave and hope he sticks around for atleast one more year. Continuing the progress of Allen is key and I think if he leaves he has to learn a new playbook on top of the guys who have been here as the bills will have another new OC which will be 4 in 5 years. Again I do not think Daboll is amazing but i think he has done a solid job so far.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Brian Daboll being discussed as a potential target for HC job, specifically GB. He is not the front runner but he is being talked about. I dont think he did a bad job in any way with the talent he was given. He has shown some creativity so far this year and hope he continues to build on that. I do not want him to leave and hope he sticks around for atleast one more year. Continuing the progress of Allen is key and I think if he leaves he has to learn a new playbook on top of the guys who have been here as the bills will have another new OC which will be 4 in 5 years. Again I do not think Daboll is amazing but i think he has done a solid job so far.

I doubt this happens with Josh Allen heading into year 2. His HC career will be tied to Josh Allen's progression and results.

I don't see GB going all in on Daboll either tbh. Just a scenario that doesn't make sense all around.

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I doubt this happens with Josh Allen heading into year 2. His HC career will be tied to Josh Allen's progression and results.

I don't see GB going all in on Daboll either tbh. Just a scenario that doesn't make sense all around.

His name has been brought up with the Jags as well. I agree with you guys though, I don't see it happening.

On BR this guy was giving reasons why the bills should push to land AJ Green and why the Bengals would and should do it. Two 2nd rd picks was what he was saying would get the deal done. With  the possibility of moving on from Marvin Lewis not to mention Andy Dalton possibly being released as well, would be perfect time to build assets for the bengals as they rebuild after a much needed time to do it. The reasons he wouldnt cost more than that was given is because he will be 31 years old, he is coming off a toe injury, and he has 1 year left on his contract. The bills would land their #1 wr and he has proven that even with injury he has made some outrageous catches that Dalton has thrown and this could be the security blanket Allen  needs.

Also the article said to cut Clay and bring in Cook on a 2 year deal similar to what Oakland gave him 10.4 mil total, as it will give Croom and Logan Thomas more time to develop in to the #1 TE for the team. 

Both ideas are definitely interesting and a real possibility. The offseason is definitely going to define Beans career on whether or not he can make it as a GM.

Archived