A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

Someone in the Gen thread was asking about potential DC and I was looking at John Butler, our current DB coach. I know when McDermott was originally hired Butler was mentioned to be on his short list before ultimately going with Frasier. What I didn't know is that Butler had been a special teams coordinator for South Carolina and Minnesota Gophers at the college level. I wonder if he gets promoted after Crossman gets the ax. Bobby Babich has done a great job with our Safeties and would likely be promoted to DB coach with Salgado taking over his role.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Someone in the Gen thread was asking about potential DC and I was looking at John Butler, our current DB coach. I know when McDermott was originally hired Butler was mentioned to be on his short list before ultimately going with Frasier. What I didn't know is that Butler had been a special teams coordinator for South Carolina and Minnesota Gophers at the college level. I wonder if he gets promoted after Crossman gets the ax. Bobby Babich has done a great job with our Safeties and would likely be promoted to DB coach with Salgado taking over his role.

That's interesting and I definitely didnt know that. Hes done a great job with our DBs, hopefully promoting him wouldn't have a negative impact on that group. 

28 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

So there appears to be a little unknown. Hard to know if we pick 9th or 10th. After all the games we are supposed to pick 9th. Then it switched to 10th. And now it's back to 9th. 

Yeah the NFL didn't take into account last nights game when they tweeted out the order. After the game we had the same SOS as the Broncos but our SOV is worse.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Trentwannabe said:

One guy I would look at if Frazier goes is Steve Wilks he was looking to bring him to Buffalo or talking about it before Carolina blocked him and hired him as the DC. I could see him being the DC for bills if Frazier does leave. 

It is such a nice feeling to have continuity heading into offseason with all the chaos of today's firings. 1/4 of the teams in the NFL need head coaches and we, on the other hand, have the same HC, GM and QB moving into an offseason with tons of cap space and picks. That's a real good feeling to have. 

McDermott still has plenty of areas to improve in but gets a lot out of the talent available to him and gets the team playing hard.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

One guy I would look at if Frazier goes is Steve Wilks he was looking to bring him to Buffalo or talking about it before Carolina blocked him and hired him as the DC. I could see him being the DC for bills if Frazier does leave. 

He is the logical choice for sure. Luckily though no one as of yet has requested to speak with Fraiser.

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

It is such a nice feeling to have continuity heading into offseason with all the chaos of today's firings. 1/4 of the teams in the NFL need head coaches and we, on the other hand, have the same HC, GM and QB moving into an offseason with tons of cap space and picks. That's a real good feeling to have. 

McDermott still has plenty of areas to improve in but gets a lot out of the talent available to him and gets the team playing hard.

Just needs to be more aggressive and I’d have no problems with him.

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Antonio Brown just demanded a trade 

I'm good. Dude has gone off the rails the past season or two. Hes unbelievably talented but his attitude has been awful, cant see McDermott dealing with that too well.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:23 PM, Trentwannabe said:

He is the logical choice for sure. Luckily though no one as of yet has requested to speak with Fraiser.

Yea based off of what beane said at his presser yesterday or Monday he said no one has been in contact as of yet to see if they can interview Daboll or Frazier which I am good with. If Wilks doesnt go back to Carolina I would like to have him in Buffalo as I think he got a raw deal in Arizona, granted he should have never jumped at the job so quickly and grew as a DC in Carolina.

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Antonio Brown just demanded a trade 

Hes not going anywhere they would be eating 21 mil in dead cap. He just signed a new contract last year so I expect his frustration to fizzle and the media needs to stop creating this crap as it never comes to fruition. I also would not want him in buffalo the culture the bills have is unique and they gel pretty well. The one guy who didnt was Kbenji and you saw how that ended for the guy. I expect them to look at team oriented players such as Golden Tate in FA or guys like AJ Green if available not the diva type guys. 

Archived