A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

After watching this round of the playoffs I don't see anything that Watson, Jackson or Trubisky offers that Allen doesnt. I'm not trying to pick on them because they lost but watching those games all I could think is we have a QB that can at least give us that output. 

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

He may have run a 4.7 at the combine or whatever, but he plays much faster. People will be surprised by his speed.

This is what i said in this thread on December 18th about Duke.

I don't know watching him play he seemed like a 4.7 player. He was obviously faster than others but he was playing at a much lower level and was just better. 

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

After watching this round of the playoffs I don't see anything that Watson, Jackson or Trubisky offers that Allen doesnt. I'm not trying to pick on them because they lost but watching those games all I could think is we have a QB that can at least give us that output. 

Not to mention Dak and Foles play weren't something special either. I think the bills just need an oline to give him the opportunity to throw the ball. Of course having a #1 reliable weapon would be nice too. Tate showed he is reliable last night for making the catch over the middle and following up with the late td to take the lead. Im starting to want him more then any other WR in FA, he may be 30 but his hands and yac has been solid. Something Allen can benefit from. Eagles have -13 mil in cap space and I know foles will be getting traded but that 20 mil puts them at 7 over cap making it enough to pay their draft picks. So in order to keep Tate they would have to clear another 10+ mil as that is what he would likely get on the open market. I dont see them tagging Tate either as it will cost them 15.9 mil (based off of 2018 Tag prices). 4 year 36 mil 20 guaranteed could be the ideal price as thats what #2 WR have been getting from 2016-2018 contracts.

8 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

He was obviously faster than others but he was playing at a much lower level and was just better. 

lol I'll try my best to ignore the not so subtle comment about the CFL but the reality is, DB's in the CFL on average are faster guys because they have to be on the wider and longer field. The LB's in the CFL are basically extra DB's too for the most part. 

He was dominant and out running 5-7 DB's on the field at once. Their "much lower level" of talent doesn't mean they aren't 4'3 and 4'4 runners. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh absolutely. 

Just unfortunate. Kulger would be a fantastic hire and would help us land Paradis if we so wanted him.

Damn, didnt think about the Paradis part of that. I'm so ready for next season and we arent even done with this year.

11 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not to mention Dak and Foles play weren't something special either. I think the bills just need an oline to give him the opportunity to throw the ball. Of course having a #1 reliable weapon would be nice too. Tate showed he is reliable last night for making the catch over the middle and following up with the late td to take the lead. Im starting to want him more then any other WR in FA, he may be 30 but his hands and yac has been solid. Something Allen can benefit from. Eagles have -13 mil in cap space and I know foles will be getting traded but that 20 mil puts them at 7 over cap making it enough to pay their draft picks. So in order to keep Tate they would have to clear another 10+ mil as that is what he would likely get on the open market. I dont see them tagging Tate either as it will cost them 15.9 mil (based off of 2018 Tag prices). 4 year 36 mil 20 guaranteed could be the ideal price as thats what #2 WR have been getting from 2016-2018 contracts.

Honestly my biggest thought during that game was that if Allen had someone like Allen Robinson we'd be set. His performance highlights just how much of a difference a genuinely talent WR makes. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh absolutely. 

Just unfortunate. Kulger would be a fantastic hire and would help us land Paradis if we so wanted him.

And then we're back to a zone blocking scheme again, right? Personally, I prefer it, but we just spent the last couple of years acquiring and training OL-men to play in a power/man blocking scheme. Maybe this actually helps improve the OL as they might be better fits in the zone scheme, but I doubt it. And that means our OL will need even more blowing up than we already suspected. Not sure how I would feel about that hire. I might prefer the scheme, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to see it fully installed.

/I'm not sure how much he'll end up commanding but looks like Jax is going to let go of Malik Jackson. What about scooping him up giving us a nice core four of inside guys of him, Star, Phillips & Phillips. Allows us to focus elsewhere and not worry about interior DL. He had a down season but just turned 29 so he's still young and can bounce back. Lets us focus more on a bigger need early in draft (WR, OL, CB).

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

And then we're back to a zone blocking scheme again, right? Personally, I prefer it, but we just spent the last couple of years acquiring and training OL-men to play in a power/man blocking scheme. Maybe this actually helps improve the OL as they might be better fits in the zone scheme, but I doubt it. And that means our OL will need even more blowing up than we already suspected. Not sure how I would feel about that hire. I might prefer the scheme, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to see it fully installed.

Heres the thing though, honestly on the oline right now or the men they have on the roster who would be hurt by changing the oline scheme? Outside of Dawkins I want the oline gone any ways. So to me the oline is already blown up. Teller shows some promise but I do not want him starting at LG next year, Bodine/Groy get those guys out of Buffalo, not to mention Ducasse and Miller were absolute busts at the Guard position, and Jordan Mills has always had his ups and downs struggling to cover the RT position so again are they really doing more damage if they change to a zone blocking? 1 of 5 olineman should stay the rest can be cut, let go, or never resigned. 

10 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly my biggest thought during that game was that if Allen had someone like Allen Robinson we'd be set. His performance highlights just how much of a difference a genuinely talent WR makes. 

Yea Allen Robinson was a nice get for them and I even liked the Eagles getting Alshon unfortunately the WR FA market is bare this year. Grabbing a guy like tate and drafting someone in the 2nd rd would be the best bet and then 2020 free agency/draft find someone early on to be the ideal #1 guy.

7 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

/I'm not sure how much he'll end up commanding but looks like Jax is going to let go of Malik Jackson. What about scooping him up giving us a nice core four of inside guys of him, Star, Phillips & Phillips. Allows us to focus elsewhere and not worry about interior DL. He had a down season but just turned 29 so he's still young and can bounce back. Lets us focus more on a bigger need early in draft (WR, OL, CB).

Even with a down season he is still a dominant DT in the league my only concern is I dont know if he is more of a Kyle Williams (3 teq) or a Star Loutelili (1 teq). If he is like a kyle go get him if he is more of a star do not bother. 

Archived