A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

56 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Both DTs Malik Jackson Jacksonville Jags and Gerald McCoy Tampa Bay Buccaneers are said to be likely cut. Wonder if either would fit McDermotts dline and what the cost would be as both are around 30 years old.

Fraiser was McCoys DC for two years and statistically it was some of his best seasons. I would be all for him coming in and helping being a cog for the next 3 or 4 years.

IN the next few weeks the NFL combine will be starting up not to mention all of the player bowls, shrine game senior bowl etc. What is everyones top 3 guys they are interested in?

1 Josh Allen DE Kentucky
2. Kevin White LB LSU
3. Greedy Williams CB LSU

I dont think Allen will last but White and Williams should make it close to 9. Kevin White is the most intriguing to me because he has that sideline to sideline speed mcdermott lived off of in Carolina, he has the speed to rush the passer in blitz packages but also the quickness to drop back in coverage if need be.

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

IN the next few weeks the NFL combine will be starting up not to mention all of the player bowls, shrine game senior bowl etc. What is everyones top 3 guys they are interested in?

1 Josh Allen DE Kentucky
2. Kevin White LB LSU
3. Greedy Williams CB LSU

I dont think Allen will last but White and Williams should make it close to 9. Kevin White is the most intriguing to me because he has that sideline to sideline speed mcdermott lived off of in Carolina, he has the speed to rush the passer in blitz packages but also the quickness to drop back in coverage if need be.

I'd be ok with Greedy Williams but im still pretty much set on Ed Oliver, DK Metcalf, N'Keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon, Jonah Williams and Greg Little

On 1/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd be ok with Greedy Williams but im still pretty much set on Ed Oliver, DK Metcalf, N'Keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon, Jonah Williams and Greg Little

You think Oliver would drop to 9? Even with his injury he is still a dominant DT and said to be similar to Donald, I would think a team like Detroit, Jacksonville (if they dont go qb and do end up cutting a guy like Malik or Dareus), Oakland cause they do crazy stuff would end up landing him. Jonah Williams is another one I think a team will reach for early to help build their line especially if Bucs cant resign Donovan Smith. Both guys are definitely intriguing to watch in the process though I will definitely be looking at them. Harmon Mecalf and Harry are in one of those years where they could drop but also could go on a wr run in the draft where one falls the rest come off afterwards. If the bills cant land Oliver, Allen, white, or williams i want them to trade down and grab one of those Wr.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think Oliver would drop to 9? Even with his injury he is still a dominant DT and said to be similar to Donald, I would think a team like Detroit, Jacksonville (if they dont go qb and do end up cutting a guy like Malik or Dareus), Oakland cause they do crazy stuff would end up landing him. Jonah Williams is another one I think a team will reach for early to help build their line especially if Bucs cant resign Donovan Smith. Both guys are definitely intriguing to watch in the process though I will definitely be looking at them. Harmon Mecalf and Harry are in one of those years where they could drop but also could go on a wr run in the draft where one falls the rest come off afterwards. If the bills cant land Oliver, Allen, white, or williams i want them to trade down and grab one of those Wr.

Ed Oliver could fall for sure.. Lots of quality DL expected to go high

Realistically, there's no way Josh Allen falls to 9 unless he has some injury or condition nobody knows about yet. He's a lock in the top 5.

1. Ed Oliver
2. Clelin Ferrell
3. Greedy Williams
4. Cody Ford
5. Devin White
6. *Trade Down* N'Keal Harry
7. *Trade Down* D.K. Metcalf

I'd be happy with any of those players.

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Realistically, there's no way Josh Allen falls to 9 unless he has some injury or condition nobody knows about yet. He's a lock in the top 5.

1. Ed Oliver
2. Clelin Ferrell
3. Greedy Williams
4. Cody Ford
5. Devin White

This looks about right to me. I would add Jawaan Taylor to the list as well. 

As of now I see the top 6 in some order of this:
Bosa, Allen, Q. Williams, Haskins and J. Williams.

31 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This looks about right to me. I would add Jawaan Taylor to the list as well. 

As of now I see the top 6 in some order of this:
Bosa, Allen, Q. Williams, Haskins and J. Williams.

I have a couple big Gators fans as buddies and they've been saying for months Taylor may not transition well to the LT spot. He is more of a RT at next level according to them

He is a fit for us, just not sure he'll be a 1st round talent and get picked over Williams, Little etc

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I have a couple big Gators fans as buddies and they've been saying for months Taylor may not transition well to the LT spot. He is more of a RT at next level according to them

He is a fit for us, just not sure he'll be a 1st round talent and get picked over Williams, Little etc

Yeah i picture him as RT. Same as Ford, though he could be a dominant Guard too. The only way I want to draft a "LT" is if its Jonah Williams and thats where we see him. I don't think anyone else would be any better than Dawkins.

I don't get the Little love. He is extremely passive and lacks any kind of finish. IMO he has bust written all over him. 

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah i picture him as RT. Same as Ford, though he could be a dominant Guard too. The only way I want to draft a "LT" is if its Jonah Williams and thats where we see him. I don't think anyone else would be any better than Dawkins.

I don't get the Little love. He is extremely passive and lacks any kind of finish. IMO he has bust written all over him. 

Right on the money with Greg Little. He has the physical tools to be one of the best LT's in this draft, but has the most flaws of the top tackles. Definitely high bust potential, but at the same time, if he lands in the right spot you could get tremendous value out of him.

A lot of well respected scouting sites have Little ranked outside the top 32 prospects. Doesn't mean he won't get over-drafted because of the need for tackles.

If any of you care to read up on Little, here's a brief report: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-greg-little/

I don't think 9 is a good spot for him. Jonah Williams and Cody Ford are the only names I'm comfortable with there at the moment

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Jonah williams has great hands and placement on the defender but he lacks the strength on his arms and he struggles on quickness when it comes to facing speed rushers and gets abused at times, most notably the National Championship but you can see this consistency through out the year. He is still a bit raw and i would think he is better suited at the RT position or possibly a guard who may transition in to a future LT. I do not see him overtaking Dawkins as of yet maybe down the line but at this point is he worth taking at 9 if this is true? He may be the best olineman in the draft but he wouldnt have been in 2018 draft. As for little there is no comparison he is far more inferior and is still very raw to take at 9 is a huge risk and better off going for Jonah if you go oline in the draft. 

22 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

1. Ed Oliver
2. Clelin Ferrell
3. Greedy Williams
4. Cody Ford
5. Devin White

I do agree Josh Allen will not be there and wish the bills lost to the dolphins in order of getting a better shot at him and knew this was going to be the situation if they did win. Hopefully QBs do get taken and guys like White, or Greedy fall. I still am not in belief Oliver is going to be there but it is a better possibility then Allen. Im still not sold on Ferrell i feel like he has exploded on the scene for clemson like Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd did and they both have struggled mightily at the next level. Im still wondering what separates Clelin from Shaq so any insite would be good. 

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm starting to think we won't have any value at 9 at WR or OT

They might  see a Kawaan Short type player in Rashan Gary or Ed Oliver both guys have value. I'm starting to love the idea of Greedy Williams if he's available

Greedy Williams has been my #1 for awhile but Devin White should be the pick if hes available. He is Lorenzo Alexander a speedy pass rusher that plays OLB and hes able to cover alot of ground basically what McDermott lived off of in Carolina. His sideline to sideline speed is sick and he could pair up with Milano, and edmunds for the next 5 years

Archived