A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I hope last nights game got people off the ridiculous Leveon Bell bandwagon.

best QB to ever play the game went up against an offense avg. 33 points a game and it was a defensive slugfest. No RB had 100 yards in the game and the seasons best back Gurley was a non factor. Defense still wins championships and you have to be able to throw to win. Surround Allen with OL and WR's. Not an overpriced RB with off-field issues.

I’m in the camp that Gurley is hurt. No way he doesn’t have something going on. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m in the camp that Gurley is hurt. No way he doesn’t have something going on. 

A co-worker and I were saying just this today. I think given he wasn't hobbling around that it is not a leg issue. I suspect broken ribs or something else in his core.

I dont think Gurley's leg is stable, he may have been walking fine but cutting and running full speed are different. Keep in mind he tore his acl his last year in college on the same leg. Paying a guy 70+ million is a high risk factor of pushing him to go 100% in the superbowl, if its not completely stable, which could have cost him the entire 2019 season if not more. This is why it is important to not go out and spend a ton of money on a RB, focus that money building up an oline to protect the QB and be able to stick any rb back there and they should flourish. 

Im also not buying the fact the bills will let Shady go, they had a few wins for the year come trade deadline and knew that trading him or not wouldnt have mattered on the playoff picture. They clearly want him on the roster and see him on this team in 2019. He may have a restructure where it could be an extension, or a flat out pay cut but I would be surprised if they moved on from him. He has been valuable to the relationship he has built with Allen even if he struggled this year which could easily be blamed on the poor oline. I could see his role reduce a bit and they can bring in another person while letting Chris Ivory go. Maybe a Coleman or Ingram type player come in and shady be able to split carries or add one in the draft in the later rounds. 

Just wanted to bring up Jawaan Taylor, OT - Florida who is growing on me. He's been mocked to us at 9 multiple times now by some well-respected sites. Said to best fit at right tackle.

Great write-up on him here:

https://www.cover1.net/scouting-report-jawaan-taylor-ot-florida/

This bit on his strengths in the run game stuck out to me:

• Cold-blooded in the run game. Punishes defenders then laughs in their face as his teammate breaks off a long run
  • Simply a bulldozer at the point of attack

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im also not buying the fact the bills will let Shady go, they had a few wins for the year come trade deadline and knew that trading him or not wouldnt have mattered on the playoff picture. They clearly want him on the roster and see him on this team in 2019. He may have a restructure where it could be an extension, or a flat out pay cut but I would be surprised if they moved on from him

I agree with this 100%.

I know it is the "easy" thing for people to mock for us in the off-season but anyone who follows the Bills close enough knows Shady is here to stay. I could see us trying to replace Ivory with someone younger in free agency like Coleman or Yeldon. My hope is we grab Elijah Holyfield in the 3rd or 4th round. to be are 3rd stringer but also a wrecking ball for us.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with this 100%.

I know it is the "easy" thing for people to mock for us in the off-season but anyone who follows the Bills close enough knows Shady is here to stay. I could see us trying to replace Ivory with someone younger in free agency like Coleman or Yeldon. My hope is we grab Elijah Holyfield in the 3rd or 4th round. to be are 3rd stringer but also a wrecking ball for us.

Funny you mention Holyfield. Myself and a couple other FF members are doing a combined mock and we got Holyfield in 3rd.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

http://s.newyorkupstate.com/irbd5Rh

Thought this was a cool article where you would GM with $15 to spend....Who you guys got?

Mine would be $5 Paradis, $4 Saffold, $2 Juwan James, $2 Mo Wilkerson, $1 Jordan Phillips, and $1 Adam Humphries

I would definitely stay away from Mo Wilkerson, he's not the player he once was and has effort problems. Jets fans were thrilled when he left. 

$5 Matt Paradis
$5 Daryl Williams
$1 Jordan Phillips
$1 Adam Humphries 

Rather not spend the rest on any of the remaining

6 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I would definitely stay away from Mo Wilkerson, he's not the player he once was and has effort problems. Jets fans were thrilled when he left. 

$5 Matt Paradis
$5 Daryl Williams
$1 Jordan Phillips
$1 Adam Humphries 

Rather not spend the rest on any of the remaining

yea for the right price, im not expecting him to be dominant but hes also not going to get paid like an elite talent. Him and phillips would be a good rotation and one less position to worry in the draft. They only have 2 DT on the roster at the moment. Ideally 4 with the constant rotation that mcdermott uses

36 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Browns just signed Kareem Hunt today, would they be willing to move on from Duke Johnson and should the bills look in to bringing him in? If so what cost would it take.

I'd make a move if he were a free agent. It's not worth trading a pick we could use on a RB with less miles and less injury history.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:23 PM, soflbillsfan said:

http://s.newyorkupstate.com/irbd5Rh

Thought this was a cool article where you would GM with $15 to spend....Who you guys got?

Mine would be $5 Paradis, $4 Saffold, $2 Juwan James, $2 Mo Wilkerson, $1 Jordan Phillips, and $1 Adam Humphries

Says to take 1 player by position.

Adam Humphries and Jordan Phillips at $1 is definitive. Then I'd add Tyler Eifert $2 and Paradis and Williams $5

Archived