A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

On 2/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Gresham and Allen were both number 1 TE's and had productive season before hand though. 

James likely gets something in that range but I fear its another Clay contract waiting to happen. I don't see a game changer with him.

Edit: Especially when this draft is filled with deep TE talent.

Well the one thing that no one takes in to consideration is his blocking, James has excelled in the pass protection and run blocking which would be a bigger importance then him being a receiving threat. Also Gresham and Allen have had one decent year that is similar to Jesse James stats, Gresham was 2014 and Allen was 2012, Allen did see a few more touchdowns then any of those te but that was in 2016. I wouldnt say both were showing #1 stats when they got paid with their most recent contracts. I do like James blocking ability and think that is well worth the money if its going to protect Josh Allen. We will see because reports came out today saying th steelers are looking to sign him but mcdonald is stil their #1 Te. He may look else where to get the opportunity to be a #1 Te.

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

Just know with one of our two picks we need to come away with an OL. Here's some rankings off the top of my head:

1st Round

1. Jonah Williams
2. Ed Oliver
3. Jawaan Taylor
4. D.K. Metcalf
5. Cody Ford

2nd Round

1. N'Keal Harry
2. Kelvin Harmon
3. Chris Lindstrom
4. Yodney Cajuste
5. Trayvon Mullen

49 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Just know with one of our two picks we need to come away with an OL. Here's some rankings off the top of my head:

1st Round

1. Jonah Williams
2. Ed Oliver
3. Jawaan Taylor
4. D.K. Metcalf
5. Cody Ford

2nd Round

1. N'Keal Harry
2. Kelvin Harmon
3. Chris Lindstrom
4. Yodney Cajuste
5. Trayvon Mullen

cc: @BayRaider

I don't necessarily agree that we have to come away with an OL if we grab 3 starters in free agency (albeit that is hard to do). So depending if you mock a free agency and how that goes, OL may not be as big of a need and could be addressed later. 

Mine in no order accept always Oliver at 9 if available:
1st round: Ed Oliver, Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf, Rashan Gary

2nd round: Dalton Risner, Irv Smith Jr., Noah Fant, Elton Jenkins, any WR's

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

cc: @BayRaider

I don't necessarily agree that we have to come away with an OL if we grab 3 starters in free agency (albeit that is hard to do). So depending if you mock a free agency and how that goes, OL may not be as big of a need and could be addressed later. 

Mine in no order accept always Oliver at 9 if available:
1st round: Ed Oliver, Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf, Rashan Gary

2nd round: Dalton Risner, Irv Smith Jr., Noah Fant, Elton Jenkins, any WR's

Well he didn't mention he was predicting free agent signings. That would change everything.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My top 5 would be Kevin white LB LSU, Ed Oliver DT Houston, Greedy Williams CB LSU, Jawaan Taylor OT UF, Jonah Williams OT Bama ... If possible of trading back to lets say a team like Oakland giving the Bills pick 24 and 27 would be ideal if White and Ed are off the board. I expect the bills to go heavy in free agency with OLineman which everyone in here will predict and shocked if it doesnt happen. I know your doing a scenario with Bills picking 9 but the trade to oakland would make sense if the option arises.

14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Michael Crabtree and Captain Munnerlyn have been cut by their current teams, why do i have a feeling Munnerlyn will be the #2 CB to come in for the Bills.

Eww you are probably right about Munnerlyn. Hopefully if he does come in its depth and at most he's our 4th CB.

48 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bengals shopping John Ross any interest of giving up a 6th or 7th rd pick for him he would be a 2 mil cap hit for the next 2 years. It may be a move they did with Corey Coleman last year but this dude has the wheels.

Bills should be all over this. The talent is there and he fits what Daboll wants to do on offense. At the very least he pushes isiah McKenzie.

23 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills should be all over this. The talent is there and he fits what Daboll wants to do on offense. At the very least he pushes isiah McKenzie.

and ray ray mccloud, which i think both could be let go if they make this move and ross makes the 53 man roster

More players being added to the trade market: 
Nelson Algholar WR Philly
Jordan Howard RB Bears
Justin Houston OLB KC (doubt they even look at this)
Trae Waynes CB Vikings

All 3 could be potential trade options for the bills for day 2/3 picks. The bills currently have 10 picks and I am not buying them using all the picks in the draft so moving one for a player to fill in a need may be a good option. Not saying that it will be these guys but they have been actively shopping them at the combine and i am sure there will be more. Also wouldnt be surprised if the bills are shopping Shaq Lawson.

Hope we keep Shaq Lawson. I liked what I saw from him this year, especially at the end of the year.

On that list, I'd trade a later pick for Trae Waynes. I don't like the idea of taking a corner in this years draft.

Archived