A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

Rams GM said they will not use the franchise tag on anyone and will likely let their free agent players test the market. Joyner, Suh, Fowler, and my focus Saffold. With 24 mil in cap space and having to use 5 mil in draft picks they are limited with only 19 mil. They can clearly add 1 or 2 of these guys back on the squad however they are going to wait and see what there market is before deciding to move on from them. 

For those of you who were suggesting we go after WR Brown.... Did you guys see that interview he gave today?!? "I don't need to play football..." and "If a team wants me, they got to play by my rules"! I seriously don't know what this guy was thinking! He just cost himself some cash, because there are going to be GM's who are going to say, "Thanks for showing us your selfish and undedicated cards!". Brown is a fool. If our FO believes the things they've been saying over the past 2 years, there's no way they're even considering exploring the idea of going after him...and that's fine by me.

15 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

For those of you who were suggesting we go after WR Brown.... Did you guys see that interview he gave today?!? "I don't need to play football..." and "If a team wants me, they got to play by my rules"! I seriously don't know what this guy was thinking! He just cost himself some cash, because there are going to be GM's who are going to say, "Thanks for showing us your selfish and undedicated cards!". Brown is a fool. If our FO believes the things they've been saying over the past 2 years, there's no way they're even considering exploring the idea of going after him...and that's fine by me.

Edit: OOPS

9 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I was early in the year, he slid down my board as the year went on. I actually like DeMarkus Lodge (3rd on the Ole Miss depth chart) more than him. 

Blessing in disguise though, I find him to be overrated. Granted, that's more in relation to his project draft pick projection. With what you just added, he's completely off my board now. What an idiot.

I think @Yibbyl was referring to Antonio Brown lol

Bills trade pick 9 to Cleveland so they select a DL/DE. Browns still have two 3rds for day 2.

Bills receive pick 17 and pick 49.

Bills go OG Williams/Ford -  OT Dalton Risner - WR Parris Campbell. Still have a 3rd, to 4ths, two 5ths, a 6th and a 7th. 

Who says no?

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills trade pick 9 to Cleveland so they select a DL/DE. Browns still have two 3rds for day 2.

Bills go OG Williams/Ford -  OT Dalton Risner - WR Parris Campbell. Still have a 3rd, to 4ths, two 5ths, a 6th and a 7th. 

Who says no?

Think we should be getting more than pick 49 for our pick. Think they'd need to give us one of those 3rds or a 2020 2nd as well. 

At least that'd be where I'd start.

7 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who says no?

I do, not enough return

On 3/3/2019 at 1:54 AM, Yibbyl said:

Yes this will hurt the teams that will look at him but he does have a method to his madness. He is forcing the steelers hand, he knows they owe him 2.5 mil in bonus on the 17th, which is why he said no to them on extending the date so they can find a trade partner. Making this spectacle he wants to ruin any chances of them trading him. He wants to be out right cut so he can start finding a team to pick him up, even if it is incentive laden he is betting on himself. Im not sure his thought process here is but from what i see it as him being stuck on a team he may not want to play for and stuck on the opportunity to make a bigger contract if traded. He is also limited to 26 teams as the GM said no to the Pats and no to the AFC North. This will give him an opportunity to play for any team if cut if they want him. No matter what happens 1 team will risk paying him based on his performance in the past.

22 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

CC: @NickChowaniec

The Bills moved from 21 to 12 and from 187 to 158 with Cordy Glenn being the only thing going Cincy.

Point wise the Browns would already be overpaying by giving up their 2nd round pick to move up just 8 spots.

The point chart isn't the holy grail and this draft is top end stacked. I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't be settling. I don't see 6 DL going before us so one of Quinnen, Gary, Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, Oliver will be there. All are huge gets. Screw a chart if someone wants to jump up for one they should be getting taxed

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

And now Devin White has a insane combine and is easily a top 10 talent in any other draft. I think this is gonna be the GOAT Defensive draft to date

yea i think he was always going to be top 10 with a good combine he can easily get to top 5 if need be. He dropped temporarily because he wasnt being talked about. I would love the bills to get him at 9 if they had answers for the oline in Free agency. He would take over Lorenzo spot as SLB and team up with Edmunds, and Milano for the next 5+ years. 

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

yea i think he was always going to be top 10 with a good combine he can easily get to top 5 if need be. He dropped temporarily because he wasnt being talked about. I would love the bills to get him at 9 if they had answers for the oline in Free agency. He would take over Lorenzo spot as SLB and team up with Edmunds, and Milano for the next 5+ years. 

It's almost ridiculous to argue against drafting White but I don't like it. LB is not a need or even close to a need. You can plug in an average SLB with Edmunds and Milano and our LB core is insane. He wont go top 10 because the draft is so loaded with DL who are almost always more coveted.

Another thing i'd add to trading back is this draft isn't really deep. Some positions are deep like OL and WR (both huge needs) but I wouldn't say this draft is deep and another reason why the value of a top 10-12 pick SHOULD be worth more

Archived