A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

7 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Bills are one of the teams expressing interest in signing Dwayne Allen. He was cut by NE so he can be signed at anytime. I liked him back when he played for Indy but never did much for NE.

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Solid blocker and veteran presence. If it was dirt cheap I would be okay with it.

Said to be visiting Baltimore this morning if no contract is done he is flying to Buffalo tonight

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

He's going to get 20 million when he signs his tag. Its not long term money but still a lot of money. Don't see why he would be upset.

because its not long term look at Earl Thomas as an example he was tagged last year and broke his leg. That could easily been something worse like an acl or achilles which could cost him future money. We may like the franchise tag but i think even with 20 mil he is going to want security with a long term contract in case something serious happens and prevent that player from getting his big pay day. Im good with teams tagging a player once but now twice or more i think that should be changed to a 1 and done system like they have with the 5th year option. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Ross Tucker on Sirius XM this morning said he is hearing Roger Saffold is as good as gone from LAR. He has a connection to Bobby Johnson and obviously fills a huge need. Hopefully for the right price the Bills get it done.

Yea i figured that was the case when the Rams GM said he isnt using the tag and they have 5 stud players hitting the market, so i assumed that saffold wouldnt be high up on the list as he is 31. The biggest concern is the jets as they have a need and as much money as the bills to get it done. Beane needs to say this is the max we are spending and if it exceeds that let him go some where else, they cant afford to get in to a bidding war.

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Donovon Smith gets a long term deal from the Bucs. Avg. 13.75 million a year. 

the key is his guarantees are 27 mil of the 41.25. This is for a LT and thats likely want trent brown will be getting with his next team which is one reason why i do not want him. Im hoping that guys like Juwan James and Daryl Williams are getting 10 mil a year ( 3 year 30 mil) and hopefully 20 mil in guarantees. 

Mark barron was just cut I wonder if he would be a fit for the bills as a S/LB which is what he played with Rams and initially started in the league as a Safety. With all of the sets of 5 DBS he could essentially be a position of need but more of a luxury at this point?

45 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Mark barron was just cut I wonder if he would be a fit for the bills as a S/LB which is what he played with Rams and initially started in the league as a Safety. With all of the sets of 5 DBS he could essentially be a position of need but more of a luxury at this point?

I think for the right price, whatever that may be, he could be a good fit. McD has liked to run the "Big Nickel" in the past and Barron would be an upgrade as a 4th LB over Stanford or Thompson.

I would rather we go after Barr though.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The Rams LB/S play was awful minus Littleton. I'd rather pass on him and target Anthony Barr

On 3/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Bills trade pick 9 to Cleveland so they select a DL/DE. Browns still have two 3rds for day 2.

Bills receive pick 17 and pick 49.

Bills go OG Williams/Ford -  OT Dalton Risner - WR Parris Campbell. Still have a 3rd, to 4ths, two 5ths, a 6th and a 7th. 

Who says no?

On 3/4/2019 at 3:14 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

I do, not enough return

In THIS particular draft, you can get a front 7 player who would go top 8 in any other draft at pick 17.

I would be ALL for trading down, drafting a real nice front 7 piece, then still having a nice set of picks to work with

21 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Bills are one of the teams expressing interest in signing Dwayne Allen. He was cut by NE so he can be signed at anytime. I liked him back when he played for Indy but never did much for NE.

He's much better than the garbage we have had lately.

I like him at a reasonable price

10 hours ago, Tk3 said:

He's much better than the garbage we have had lately.

I like him at a reasonable price

I agree Dwayne Allen is a nice piece to add. the thing most fan goes to is to look at his production and say its a waste of money but they paid him 6-7 mil to come in and specifically block and resurrect the run game which it clearly has improved over the last 2 years. They had gronk catching the ball so they never really needed allen to be the receiving threat that people wanted him to be. Overall I would prefer Jesse James then him simply because James is a better receiving weapon which Josh needs but i wouldnt complain if they signed Allen as he will be the blocker they need on the run game and help out on protecting Josh. 

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think for the right price, whatever that may be, he could be a good fit. McD has liked to run the "Big Nickel" in the past and Barron would be an upgrade as a 4th LB over Stanford or Thompson.

I would rather we go after Barr though.

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

The Rams LB/S play was awful minus Littleton. I'd rather pass on him and target Anthony Barr

Barron would be the 4/5th LB and specifically used in those big Nickel packages. Lorenzo Alexander is not getting younger so if they ended up getting both barr and barron i would be happy with this as the bills need depth at this position. Thompson got picked on a lot when milano went down if they have the funds to secure the backup positions then the bills can plug and play when need be. Like i said its probably more a luxury then it being realistic as he may not want a 3 mil contract to play back up.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I hope we look into Tevin Coleman 

He would be the only RB I would be interested in bringing in FA. Hes young enough to be able to be the future and still be able to produce with Shady. He may be looking to get a pay day similar to Mckinnon got which is something the bills cant afford to spend on along with shady. I think bills end up sticking with what they have this year maybe take a flyer on Love in the 5-7th rd and hope he pans out if not they go high in the draft next year for one to be the franchise rb.

Archived