Streams of the Week (Early Week 9 picks up!)

Dr LBC

On 10/31/2018 at 11:17 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Streaming Flacco since Wentz is on bye. I don't like it but hopefully flacco can meet his projection point of 35 for me.

I'd have gone elsewhere.  I'm expecting a typical lackluster, low-scoring Steelers/Ravens encounter out of this one.  Only player I feel remotely secure in meeting their projected floor is AB - everyone else is definitely questionable.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:49 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Am I the only one who hates playing a team defense who plays a team coming off a bye.. titans had 2 weeks to prepare for the Cowboys D... titans aren’t all world but they are not the Cardinals offense. They have some talent on that side of the ball. I felt a lot better about streaming Chiefs this week 

It depends on how you feel about that team's ability to sustain a gameplan.  Do I think Dallas is going to hold Tennessee to less than 10 points?  No.  Do I think that they're going to meet or beat a threshold of 9 fantasy points because Tennessee's run-game is still meh-as-hell, Mariota is still inconsistent at best (and turnover-prone), and that the Cowboys are capable of dictating the pace of the game?  Absolutely.

Plus, as weird/unreasonable as it may sound, Dallas is at home - they're going to get the ref-advantage.

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'd have gone elsewhere.  I'm expecting a typical lackluster, low-scoring Steelers/Ravens encounter out of this one.  Only player I feel remotely secure in meeting their projected floor is AB - everyone else is definitely questionable.

Well it's too late to start Nick Mullens....?

Dak? Stafford? Trubisky? Mayfield? Over flacco?

• 2 weeks later...

Who are some TE streamers for this week?

I have Kittle and Gronk. Traded for Gronk early on hoping to flip him into a WR or a RB. His injury and lack of stats meant that wasn't possible. I am not going to drop him, but I am going to drop either Corey Clement or one of Fitzmagic/Mariota (I also have Robbie gould on a bye, who I am not going to drop)

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Who are some TE streamers for this week?

I have Kittle and Gronk. Traded for Gronk early on hoping to flip him into a WR or a RB. His injury and lack of stats meant that wasn't possible. I am not going to drop him, but I am going to drop either Corey Clement or one of Fitzmagic/Mariota (I also have Robbie gould on a bye, who I am not going to drop)

Drop Clement he is pretty useless and this coming from the biggest Clement truther at the start of the season

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Drop Clement he is pretty useless and this coming from the biggest Clement truther at the start of the season

yeah, that's the plan. but somehow I need to carry 3 TEs, 2 kickers, and 2 qbs this week lol that's if I drop my second defense as well... 

My team is 

Fitz/Mariota

Gurely/Aaron jones/breida/Clement

Diggs, B.Cooks, Golladay, cobb (getting dropped)

Gronk/Kittle

Gould

Buffalo/SEA

So basically, my plan is to just roll with my top 7 guys for 5 spots at WR,RB,TE and then have matchup based QB and D. Fingers crossed for no injuries

I may just keep my kicker spot empty. The guy I am playing will be finished with his entire team by the end of the morning games. Then I can pick up CHI/MINs kicker if I am down by more than 10 with cooks playing on monday

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what happened to the list....   streams I seen are McDonald, Broncos TE, Junno Titans, Jean Jones vs Raiders... I have Kittle, and  picked up Engram last week...

Works been kicking my butt.  Though folks should be at a point where they can see the trends by now.

That said, Dak's actually a viable streamer this week at QB against the Falcons on the road.  We'll see whether Linehan adjusts his playcalling, but Atlanta's still getting shredded by pass-catching RB's and Dak's going to get you some floor-padding points on the ground too.

Jeff Heuerman looks like he's soaked up a decent chunk of Demaryius Thomas' left-behind targets and the Chargers have actually given up points to the TE this season.  Gerald Everett's role is likely to increase with Cooper Kupp out for the season, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable starting him (he's a hold for me) if I'm in a battle for a playoff spot.

Defense-wise... yeah... this is exactly why I said plan ahead.  Lots of byes this week and lost of bad match-ups with the lesser-owned teams that you'll find on your waivers.  Maybe take a stab at the Bengals defense if it looks like RG3 is going to be the starter?  Cardinals (who are playing the Raiders) is the obvious want, but they're almost 60% owned at this point (and +40% on the week).  Honestly, I think the Saints D is startable at home for enough of a floor to help you this week.  Yes, it's the Eagles and Carson Wentz; it's also an Eagles OL that's not been at its best, and the Saints D seems to be rounding into the same late season form they did last year.  Plus that Eagles defense isn't stopping the Saints O, so even if the Saints give up points, this game-script could get one-dimensional quick which means higher incidence for turnovers and sacks.

Archived