Trevor Davis to IR

Arthur Penske

Just now, Lodestar said:

Curious to see how long Burton sticks. Interesting to bring such a raw developmental guy onto the 53. Either they want to ensure they can get a good look at him and/or they think he can contribute on ST right away.

This. 

The Pats just cut 3 of their players yesterday.  The bottom of their roster is in constant motion.  Even if it is a week tryout for this CB - hey they tried.  

Also - While I and many other Packer fans were patiently waiting for Evans to emerge, Whitehead was quietly going about his business to the point where he is playing many meaningful snaps in the first game.  Good job dude.  

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

This. 

The Pats just cut 3 of their players yesterday.  The bottom of their roster is in constant motion.  Even if it is a week tryout for this CB - hey they tried.  

Also - While I and many other Packer fans were patiently waiting for Evans to emerge, Whitehead was quietly going about his business to the point where he is playing many meaningful snaps in the first game.  Good job dude.  

Whitehead blitzed 4 times in Week 1, more than anyone else on defense excluding EDGE rushers. I used to be surprised when I saw him on the field on defense, but now I'm starting to see why they love his versatility. You're right that we've all been guilty of underrating him the past couple years. 

House has to be a little bit nervous here. 

He didn't have a great night as the gunner.  He's really not fast enough for the job.  Jackson and Whitehead played before he did on quite a few series.  Maybe he sticks for the rest of the year because of his experience - but I would not be one bit surprised to see him cut if a guy like Burton shows something at CB in a few weeks.  

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Evans wasnt even on the 53, of course Whitehead played more snaps than him.

Hilarious that you reference the patriots.... that's every team, every year. Nobody's week 1 53 is the same as week 16 53.

Well no ****.  My point was that while Evans got most of the publicity as a UDFA, Whitehead was quietly passing his ***.  

9 minutes ago, Cheech said:

This. 

Hey Cheech -- whats with the triple space? I keep looking for words in the wide open spaces of your messages......but they dont exist!  :)

2 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Well no ****.  My point was that while Evans got most of the publicity as a UDFA, Whitehead was quietly passing his ***.  

It wasnt quiet. Loud and clear all preseason and at least the last 4 games of last year..

Evans was MAYBE the 6th best S in camp.

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Whitehead blitzed 4 times in Week 1, more than anyone else on defense excluding EDGE rushers. I used to be surprised when I saw him on the field on defense, but now I'm starting to see why they love his versatility. You're right that we've all been guilty of underrating him the past couple years. 

I recall that article from JSO and McGinn when Brice and Evans were rookies.  An anonymous scout rated Brice as a 1st round talent and Evans as a 3rd after all four preseason games were played.  That fed into the hype big time.  

Say good-bye to another of Elliot Wolf's "brilliant" suggestions. I remember when Davis was drafted. Elliot burst into the media room and announced that they just got the steal of the draft. 

This doesn't surprise me at all. Nor will his injury settlement and release if/when that happens. I didn't miss him at all in the Bears game. Cobb and Ty handled returns just fine.

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Glad we spent all that time talking about Davis's roster spot. Gotta wonder if an injury settlement is coming.

Sad to see the Evans era end in Green Bay... had a lot of hope for him as an UDFA. Never panned out.

We can't release Davis, we have no other options as the RS!  Sarcasm!!!!!  

Archived