General News Thread

.Buzz

Jaguars workout former chiefs TE Jace Amaro.. Please Dave sign this guy his speed and agility is sick.. He can be 2nd string behind Seferian-Jenkins and then Niles Paul see ya later.. James O' Shaunessy will take 3rd TE spot.. I want to see allen Lazard activated for 3rd TE role behind Jenkins and Amaro.. Tell me that wouldn't be smart though all three TE have good catching ability.. If that is what there doing then someone is a genius.. Probably tom Coughlin's thinking  he likes his TE.. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/09/10/former-chiefs-tight-end-jace-amaro-works-jaguars/

Strong fast athlete plays TE like a WR.. Could be a backup to Jenkins possibly 2nd string.. This guy's a playmaker started off good then got hurt some.. Hopefully a change of scenery can help him..

Junior college stats from Texas Tech: 103 catches for 1325 yards and 7 TD.. Staggering number for a TE I know its college but look at Dallas Goedert has no where these stats.. Hayden Hurst don't and either does Mark Andrews..

4 hours ago, chrishill1122 said:

Jaguars workout former chiefs TE Jace Amaro.. Please Dave sign this guy his speed and agility is sick.. He can be 2nd string behind Seferian-Jenkins and then Niles Paul see ya later.. James O' Shaunessy will take 3rd TE spot.. I want to see allen Lazard activated for 3rd TE role behind Jenkins and Amaro.. Tell me that wouldn't be smart though all three TE have good catching ability.. If that is what there doing then someone is a genius.. Probably tom Coughlin's thinking  he likes his TE.. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/09/10/former-chiefs-tight-end-jace-amaro-works-jaguars/

Strong fast athlete plays TE like a WR.. Could be a backup to Jenkins possibly 2nd string.. This guy's a playmaker started off good then got hurt some.. Hopefully a change of scenery can help him..

Junior college stats from Texas Tech: 103 catches for 1325 yards and 7 TD.. Staggering number for a TE I know its college but look at Dallas Goedert has no where these stats.. Hayden Hurst don't and either does Mark Andrews..

Wasn't he a rookie forever ago? You make it sound like he hasn't proven to be terrible 

12 hours ago, chrishill1122 said:

"Strong fast athlete plays TE like a WR."

And that is why he's not really all that compatible with this team/system.  Aside from also not actually being particularly good...we need TEs who play like TEs.  We've already got tons of WRs who play like WRs.  We need dudes who can line up as a TE and throw a block.  ~50% of the time, we're not even passing the ball at all.  Within that, how many snaps are there for an oversized receiver split out?  It's just not a big part of our offense.  No harm in working the guy out and maybe even bringing him in as depth at the position.  But expecting him to come in and make a big impact because he had good college stats in an air raid system playing as a glorified WR...?  Unlikely.

Same thing with Lazard.  He's a slow, overgrown WR at this point.  Maybe on the practice squad, you've got time to stash him and have him start developing a more convincing TE skillset to make that conversion.  But right now, he's not a TE at all.  Especially not for what we typically want out of a TE.  Which is not a WR in TE clothing.

Archived