General News Thread

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Who is our starting QB if we do this?

I guess in this hypothetical situation, you’re spending the money saved on Teddy, Winston, Tannehill, or whichever of the Free Agents you like most.

16 hours ago, pwny said:

Teddy, Tyrod, Fitzmagic, Josh McCown and Brock Osweiler is as far as it goes for guys set to be free agents. 

These guys kinda suck.

Teddy might still be kinda alright, if he can stay healthy...maybe.  But the rest is like...Tyrod is sadly the creme de la creme.

Just now, Tugboat said:

These guys kinda suck.

Teddy might still be kinda alright, if he can stay healthy...maybe.  But the rest is like...Tyrod is sadly the creme de la creme.

Yeah not lovely. You can add Winston, Mariota (this would be the poetic make me hate this team even more choice), Tannehill, Eli and Keenum as a couple others that teams might cut bait with, but there isn’t a Cousins out there this year.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I guess in this hypothetical situation, you’re spending the money saved on Teddy, Winston, Tannehill, or whichever of the Free Agents you like most.

If they even become FA.  Winston stinks, Teddy is pretty meh...even if you win him by probably overspending.  Tannehill...i'm not even sure Miami cut him lose at all.

I'd imagine this is more a situation where you spend the extra freed up money on retaining some key pieces of this defense.  And basically roll with a rookie non-1st round QB as your starter.  Which is...many testicular measures beyond anything this staff would ever even consider.

• 3 weeks later...

Think Gipson would be a mistake. Move Taven to 3T, where he has played exclusively his entire life instead of square pegging a round hole, and you have Malik's replacement. Obviously not at the same level, or at least not right away, but he's a better fit there and should be a decent calibre of player at that spot.

1 hour ago, VLoo said:

Think Gipson would be a mistake. Move Taven to 3T, where he has played exclusively his entire life instead of square pegging a round hole, and you have Malik's replacement. Obviously not at the same level, or at least not right away, but he's a better fit there and should be a decent calibre of player at that spot.

I like Gip, but would be fine seeing him go. It's a good safety class, and I like both Ronnie Harrison and Jarrod Wilson. 

Gip is a good player making not an egregious amount of money and we don't have a replacement for him. As pwny mentioned, our back end falling apart is not what we want, it makes everything look worse. This team needs so much help on the offensive side of the ball and a finite amount of assets to get the players they need. Are we using a 1 or a 2 on a replacement for Gip this year? Why?

Archived