General News Thread

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

If he saw that LB and still threw it...sorry...that's a bad decision. He threw the ball RIGHT at the defender's direction. Freeze-frame that clip at 5s right as Blake was about to throw it and take a look at that line between Blake and where ASJ was going. 

Van Noy was directly between Blake and where ASJ  was going to catch the ball.

That's either a pick or a tipped ball 9 out of 10 times.

Blake had a great game, and he did a good job evading that rush.  But he wasn't perfect, and this was either a terrible decision (if he saw him) or a bad read (if he didn't see him). You can choose to put on your teal-colored glasses and pretend everything was perfect about this game, but I'll choose to evaluate this realistically.

He altered his arm angle to put it in the spot where the LB couldn't get it. He did it right after he saw the LB. He put it in the spot where the LB couldn't get it by putting it right over his head. He would have had to make an awfully awkward catch and had his hands up prior to him even starting his arm action to make that play. 3-5 yards away/Blake putting a ton of zip on it makes that near impossible.

I've seen several who have dissected that play say what a great throw/impressive play that was, even that guy who dissected the whole game put it on his list of impressive plays and gave credit to Blake.

You see what you want to see I guess...

Archived