General News Thread

.Buzz

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Doesnt Rawls have his own injury issues? I feel like signing him means nothing towards Hyde staying or going. He averages 3 ypc and didn't play a running down in 2018

How many carries did $5M Hyde handle for us though?  They're on pretty even footing, as far as irrelevance.  Which sucks, because we actually gave up a pick for Hyde.

On 11/01/2019 at 4:50 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is it a money thing? Because I thought this was his best season yet and the state of OL in the NFL is crap

AJ Cann might not be the worst Guard in the NFL...but he was also kind of a contributor to the crap state of OL in the NFL tbh.  He seemed slightly improved, but still not that good.  Yet because of the sad state overall, it seems likely he's going to get offered more money than he should...just because he's not the worst.  Like...look at what Omameh randomly got from the Giants last offseason, after looking "slightly not horrendous" here in 2017.  xD

Our OLine needs to improve anyway.  It's hard to evaluate because they lost that LT anchor in Cam early and never recovered from that at all...but even considering that, they need to be better.  And we're pretty locked in with Norwell and Linder at 2/3 of the interior positions already on expensive deals.  Plus Cam is going to be somewhere on the OLine.  You're at 3/5ths of the starting group kinda already set.  Leaves you really 2 spots to try to "upgrade".  RG and RT seem like the most likely and feasible spots to improve (along with OT depth for goodness sake).

So i think Cann's penciled in RG spot is probably a place you're looking to try something else and see if it works better.  While also trying to save some money, to offset what the rest of your interior OL costs.  You should be able to "hide" a player there a bit too, if you're gonna hide them anywhere on the line at least.  Especially if they can find some way to shore up the RT spot.

So i'd say it's a combined money/performance thing with Cann.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What do you guys think of Foles? Part of me thinks he is fools gold. He was in a perfect situation and succeeded but not sure he'll ever get that here 

I'm fine with getting him, just need to draft somebody too. Cannot bank on Foles.

42 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I'm fine with getting him, just need to draft somebody too. Cannot bank on Foles.

Feel like it's one or the other unfortunately.

I would like Foles, but that means no Haskins/Jones/Murray etc. imo so I don't like it. I'll be fine with it if it happens, but I'd prefer a rookie.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Feel like it's one or the other unfortunately.

I would like Foles, but that means no Haskins/Jones/Murray etc. imo so I don't like it. I'll be fine with it if it happens, but I'd prefer a rookie.

who do you think is the best QB we can sign and still invest a 1st in a QB? Flacco maybe? Bridgewater?

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

who do you think is the best QB we can sign and still invest a 1st in a QB? Flacco maybe? Bridgewater?

Bridgewater/Fitzpatrick I'd say. Tyrod could be an option.

Flacco is still going to cost too much based on name alone imo. I'd be ok with him if we can spin it though...decent vet+rookie is ideal scenario.

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What do you guys think of Foles? Part of me thinks he is fools gold. He was in a perfect situation and succeeded but not sure he'll ever get that here 

Absolutely did not want Foles, but if JDF wants him,  well..i guess I'll have to deal with it. 

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Bridgewater/Fitzpatrick I'd say. Tyrod could be an option.

Flacco is still going to cost too much based on name alone imo. I'd be ok with him if we can spin it though...decent vet+rookie is ideal scenario.

Agreed but even still it depends on what it costs for the other QB. Cant really afford to spend a sizable chunk on someone that won't play much

In a press conference Wednesday, Marrone insisted that hiring DeFilippo was independent of Foles, per Pro Football Talk's Josh Alper:

"Zero. Zero at all. Zero. Don't get me wrong, everyone we brought in we tried to get information from on personnel and things of that nature. I like to sit down with people and talk football. It's hard for me. Most of the time I'm dealing with all the problems or I'm out here, so for me to do that is exciting. It didn't have anything to do with that."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816213-doug-marrone-john-defilippo-hire-didnt-have-anything-to-do-with-nick-foles

Archived