Week 2: Indianapolis Colts

Ghostnote

Because I want to stay on the forum in good standing like I have been in the last 11 years, this thread goes out to our Mods and Webby. 

Keep all game talk here. 

Image result for Colts gifs

Yep, my eyes did a double take there too. 

Colts coming off a loss although Andrew Luck did look good. Their running game was mediocre but the passing game is still potent. T.Y. Hilton is a threat and they now have Ryan Grant who caught like 9 passes last weekend. Who knew?!

Related image

With that the Colts have a young defense and one that is not quite a threat to consider they can stop anyone. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/IND

Lots of guys that have been around the league and some that are young like Malik Hooker. Certainly have to keep an eye on Quenton Nelson but the rest of the line needs time as well. 

I am not sure how much of this game could be a trap, but there is one slightly underlying factor:

Image result for hurricane florence

Image result for hurricane florence

Florence looks to have some remnant weather lingering on Sunday. That can make for an ugly game and for the Redskins to control the clock, they must run the ball effectively much like they did in Arizona. Peterson and Thompson need to be given the ball heavily. 

How about that 33 year old RB that just happen to be sitting out there waiting for a team to scoop him up. 

Image result for adrian peterson redskins

Could you imagine a depth chart next season of Guice, Peterson, Thompson and Perine? 

Either way, I like the odds in this game for the home team. 

Colts - 20

Redskins - 27

Lets give a salute to the troops:

Related image

And to my local food pantry volunteers:

Image result for women in bikinis

And a shout out to the servers at Krispy Kreme Donuts in Florida:

Related image

Enjoy. 

Oddly enough, this game doesn't worry me like it normally would.  I think we take care a business, and come out with a decisive W.  Our offense should have no problem moving the ball downfield against one of the least talented defenses in the league and our defense just needs to limit explosive plays from Luck/Hilton.

Any game vs Luck and TY Hilton worries me but this game is at home, it should be raining like crazy and the Redskins running game should dominate the Colts defense.

I definitely want to see AD, Thompson and Reed continue to get a lot of touches. I’m hoping that Crowder gets more than 3 receptions, I’d like to see 4 or 5 and they try a few deep shots with PRich and some 50/50 balls downfield with Doctson. I definitely think both guys are capable of having big games if they get more targets.

Definitely want to see the defense  dominate its second opponent in a row. The Redskins run defense won’t have much competition this week and should be able to shut down the Colts, heck they shut down David  Johnson last week except for a few carries.

The Redskins secondary will be tested this week. Luck threw it 53 times last week for 319 yds and 2 TDs. So, the secondary will be tested, let’s hope for rain and a sloppy field to help slow down their passing game.

To help the secondary, we need to see the pass rush be more effective, especially the OLBs Kerrigan and Smith. We definitely need to see them get multiple pressures and hopefully a sack or more from each. 

Colts - 17

Redskins - 31

Huge game in its own right. We need to find out if the game last week was based on the Skins being a good team or more of the Cardinals stinking. I'd like to see Manusky dial up a lot more pressure this game. Chris Thompson should keep doing what he does and hopefully Peterson can carry the load again.  Norman on Hilton should be a fun matchup,Dunbar on Grant seems like a fair matchup. No prediction for the score,but man oh man,the weather is going to suck!

1 hour ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Huge game in its own right. We need to find out if the game last week was based on the Skins being a good team or more of the Cardinals stinking. I'd like to see Manusky dial up a lot more pressure this game. Chris Thompson should keep doing what he does and hopefully Peterson can carry the load again.  Norman on Hilton should be a fun matchup,Dunbar on Grant seems like a fair matchup. No prediction for the score,but man oh man,the weather is going to suck!

I don’t think we’re going to get that answer this week. The Colts are less talented than the Cardinals, minus Andrew Luck, TY Hilton and Eric Ebron.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

My brother's wedding is this weekend, Sunday. Going to miss the game while also trying to navigate a hurricane during it. Good luck to my brother and the Redskins. 

Damn, where is the wedding? Good luck to him and the bride. Heck of bad luck with the hurricane this weekend.

I think @mike23md poses a valid question in his OP in this thread that I’ve actually wondered about too.

In March, so we re-sign Peterson as Derrius Guice insurance? 

I’ve been thinking we should if Peterson continues to look good most of the year. So far it’s become obvious that we can’t rely on Kelley and Perine and Guice will becoming off the torn ACL, so that’s a major question mark.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

My brother's wedding is this weekend, Sunday. Going to miss the game while also trying to navigate a hurricane during it. Good luck to my brother and the Redskins. 

ITS LIKE HURRRICANEEEEEE, ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!!! ITS A FREE RIIIIIIDE, WHEN YOUVE ALREADY PAID!!! ITS THE GOOOOD ADVIIIIIIICE THAT YOU JUST CANT TAKE, AND WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT OR FIGUREDDD

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I was gonna say, how drunk was I during the game? I swear we won.

I really like you guys to win this one. 

We had better win this one if we want to have a winning season, the rest of our schedule is tough. We have to play the NFC North and AFC South, the Colts game is supposed to be the easiest of our inter division games this year. 

Archived