Week 2: Indianapolis Colts

Ghostnote

29 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

He looked great and showed what we have been missing by having a bunch of duds in the backfield. And Gruden called running plays for which he should be congratulated against a strong defense. I too worry about Father Time catching up to Peterson- just look at his performances last year. It’s true

23xvnd.jpg

True to a certain extent. Peterson was actually just as good as he ever was in 2016 & 17, the issue was he got hurt. When healthy in 2015 he got 1485 yds & 11 TDs. I don’t think there’s any way he’ll do that but I do think he can get 1,000 yards and 7 or 8 TDs.

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

II'm hoping Perrine is active this week. Give him a chance behind A P / A D .

I wonder is Kerrigan is playing hurt? No stats at all last week and I noticed P Smith playing a bit on the left side . 

He’s not hurt, it’s just the Cardinals worked a quick passing game all game. Kerrigan did take some rushes on the right side too. Also, the D wasn’t on the field much, which is a good thing.

So, I just thought of a reason why Doctson  had just 2 targets and Richardson had 6. Patrick Peterson covered Doctson most of the game and of course they’re not going to go at him, they’ll go at Jamar Taylor and work the middle of the field w/ Reed, Crowder and the RBs.

So, it was match ups that dictated that.

5 hours ago, Almm24 said:

I predict a blowout of 34-14 in favor of the skins. I got a good feeling about this game. I think AP continues to do well and our defense will have another strong performance. I'm expecting a big game out of Crowder.

It’d be nice for Crowder & Doctson to have 5 or 6 catches a TD each and near or over 100 yards and for PRich to get more yards with his targets. PRich just missed a 77-yd TD bc Jamar Taylor held him and on one of his catches, it was a cone back and he broke inside for more yac right into the defenders, if he breaks it outside that 7-yard catch probably goes for 20 plus.

I did notice that on some plays they are open but aren’t the #1 targets. Gruden dials up plays for CT & Reed but not often for Crowder, Doctson or PRich.

There was one play in the red zone where Deon Buchanan had great coverage on Reed and Alex tried to throw it wide where only Reed could get it. As he was throwing it though, Jamar Taylor - who was covering  CT on the outside - jumped the Reed underneath out route too. If Alex had pumped to Reed, then he would’ve had CT for a TD even though the safety was starting to come over.

Archived