Week 2: Indianapolis Colts

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And yet one guy had his team in a position to win and the other got whipped by one of the leagues worst defenses. Colt McCoy could’ve done what Smith did today. 

An L looks the same on everyone’s record no matter how it happens 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. 

However, which QB gave their team the better chance to win?

Ehhh...kind of tough to say, honestly. I didn’t watch their game.

They have a better chance to win at the end here (though Kirk gotta Kirk and just threw two duds to strand them at the 30 for a long missed FG). And his numbers are clearly better. So I’d say him. But that’s kinda classic Kirk. Lots of good, lots of head-scratching.

The Redskins were out of it at the very end. And Smith absolutely handled the “down two scores, 4 minute drill” stuff terribly. But he didn’t miss the FG at the end of the half, he didn’t fumble in the red zone, he didn’t drop the Doctson pass in FG range, he didn’t run for like a yard per carry. And he didn’t have two WRs who win almost every play on the outside. So...I don’t know that Alex was that bad today. But he certainly wasn’t great, and the team was awful as a whole, I’ll give you that. 

Just now, e16bball said:

They have a better chance to win at the end here (though Kirk gotta Kirk and just threw two duds to strand them at the 30 for a long missed FG). And his numbers are clearly better. So I’d say him. But that’s kinda classic Kirk. Lots of good, lots of head-scratching.

The Redskins were out of it at the very end. And Smith absolutely handled the “down two scores, 4 minute drill” stuff terribly. But he didn’t miss the FG at the end of the half, he didn’t fumble in the red zone, he didn’t drop the Doctson pass in FG range, he didn’t run for like a yard per carry. And he didn’t have two WRs who win almost every play on the outside. So...I don’t know that Alex was that bad today. But he certainly wasn’t great, and the team was awful as a whole, I’ll give you that. 

Dude he had 7:30 min left in the 4th down 12 and didn't throw a pass past 5 yards, he essentially ran out the entire clock for the Colts. 

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Correction. He got them to the 17. This was a 34yarder.

I'll give you the other bad stuff around Smith.

Kirk also didnt surrender the blocked punt for a TD.

He did, down 20-7 to start the 4th, move the ball and the offense scored 22 points. And had them in chip shot range for the OTkick. 

Meanwhile, Fred Rodgers dinked and dunked and showed no sign of urgency to press downfield

We were essentially out of the game after the 3rd. Not so with Minny

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Correction. He got them to the 17. This was a 34yarder.

I'll give you the other bad stuff around Smith.

Kirk also didnt surrender the blocked punt for a TD.

He did, down 20-7 to start the 4th, move the ball and the offense scored 22 points. And had them in chip shot range for the OTkick. 

Meanwhile, Fred Rodgers dunked and dunked and showed no sign of urgency to press downfield

Well jeez, Alex didn’t miss a fg, drop 3 passes - one a possible TD - and give up 3 TDs either.

Archived