Week 2: Indianapolis Colts

Ghostnote

I'm not bothered.

AFC game, least important type, non conference loss.

beat G.B next wk & we'll all be talking SB again.

most important stretch of games start after bye, anyways. 6 straight conference &/or division games.

these next 7 will determine season, imo.

with GB included.

Were tied for 1st. Lighten up people.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not bothered.

most important stretch of games start after bye, anyways. 6 straight conference &/or division games.

with GB included.

On top of this, sometimes teams just have bad games. I definitely admit I’m more concerned than I was after last week, but the main reason I’m concerned is that our OL player like a dumpster fire, not because Alex Smith played that bad. We’ve seen other starting QBs the previous 25 years play much worse at times.

And, I’ll continously state that if the WRs make the catches they’re paid and drafted to make, Alex has 50 more yards and a TD in the game.

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not bothered.

with GB included.

While its non-conference, and not AS important, we only get 16 games. And this Colts team was beatable. So I don't know what to say about the people who say they aren't bothered by this loss.

And had we won, we'd have sole possession of 1st place. Right now, while we are tied for 1st via record, we are actually in 2nd place via tiebreakers. A win yesterday eliminates the tiebreakers.

14 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I didn’t notice this last week but today did anyone else see Allen and Payne not play a snap together in the second half? Every play one was coming out the other was going in. I get the need for rotation but in a game where your losing the battle up front shouldn’t your best DLs be on the field? At least 1st and 3rd down? Especially guys that know how to work together. 

Well that doesn’t make much sense but I’m definitely fine with them playing with one of them playing with Ioannidis.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We clearly need to upgrade LG next offseason but other than that I think we’re fine. I’ll chalk the other guys up to just having a bad game.

turtle28

I think it was you who made comment about Lauvao  or maybe some one else. Anyways Lauvao does have pass blocking issues. AS first sack was b/c of Lauvao.  To me it all starts in the trenches and if our OL continue to display this type of effort then this ship is dead on arrival. Having some kind of RG  is paramount. The colts play and excellent game yesterday. Dominate the LOS and make the opposition one dimensional  so they key in on Pete and Thompson. Luck made a few mistakes but it didn't matter, like I said they control  the LOS. Colts have alot of  athleticism in their back seven. No wonder Reed was quite.     

Going into game I read about the Colts OL was in shambles b/c of injuries so.  This lost was a  step backwards for us b/c this was a winnable game.            

Our D will surely be tested next week with AR descending on our home turf.  This will get ugly. Not only will the OL be a concern but you know Mr Rodgers can slice up any  ranking Def. So we desperately need some kind of RG to keep out of those 3rd and long. 

23 minutes ago, 4209 said:

turtle28

I think it was you who made comment about Lauvao  or maybe some one else. Anyways Lauvao does have pass blocking issues. AS first sack was b/c of Lauvao.  To me it all starts in the trenches and if our OL continue to display this type of effort then this ship is dead on arrival. Having some kind of RG  is paramount. The colts play and excellent game yesterday. Dominate the LOS and make the opposition one dimensional  so they key in on Pete and Thompson. Luck made a few mistakes but it didn't matter, like I said they control  the LOS. Colts have alot of  athleticism in their back seven. No wonder Reed was quite.     

Going into game I read about the Colts OL was in shambles b/c of injuries so.  This lost was a  step backwards for us b/c this was a winnable game.            

Our D will surely be tested next week with AR descending on our home turf.  This will get ugly. Not only will the OL be a concern but you know Mr Rodgers can slice up any  ranking Def. So we desperately need some kind of RG to keep out of those 3rd and long. 

Hey @4209 FYI, if you put an @ @turtle28 infront of any posters name, it will quote them. I Definitely am eating crow in Lauvao, he played pretty good for him in week 1 but he was awful yesterday.

I think we have to remember that the Packers OL isn’t very good either, it’s going to be up to our pass rush to get pressure in AR and get him off his spot.

I remember when we beat Rodgers and the Packers in 2016 in a Sunday night game and our defense - which was less talented then and AR was healthy - played well.

The running key is definitely key to most offenses. I 100% agree we’re going to need the Ol and TEs to block better so AD & CT can get at least near 100 yds, if not over and hopefully a TD or 2.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Hey @4209 FYI, if you put an @ @turtle28 infront of any posters name, it will quote them. I Definitely am eating crow in Lauvao, he played pretty good for him in week 1 but he was awful yesterday.

I think we have to remember that the Packers OL isn’t very good either, it’s going to be up to our pass rush to get pressure in AR and get him off his spot.

I remember when we beat Rodgers and the Packers in 2016 in a Sunday night game and our defense - which was less talented then and AR was healthy - played well.

The running key is definitely key to most offenses. I 100% agree we’re going to need the Ol and TEs to block better so AD & CT can get at least near 100 yds, if not over and hopefully a TD or 2.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ryan Grant pancaked Dunny on this screen pass and ran him in to the ground and we wonder why Gruden liked Grant...

Also on this play the WR blocking Moreau clearly tackled him and it should’ve been called back for holding.

Thats the best play of Grants career. Let's not overhype him.

21 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Early in the game. How about down 2 scores with less than 7 minutes to go. No 50/50 balls. With a cover 2 shell, you HAVE to take the shots even if it means it might get INT. Because the other options are incomplete, complete, or PI. 

So the book is out on our offense now. Opposing defenses on passing downs just rush 3 or 4, drop back 7 or 8 and run a Cover 2 shell.  

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Early in the game. How about down 2 scores with less than 7 minutes to go. No 50/50 balls. With a cover 2 shell, you HAVE to take the shots even if it means it might get INT. Because the other options are incomplete, complete, or PI. 

So the book is out on our offense now. Opposing defenses on passing downs just rush 3 or 4, drop back 7 or 8 and run a Cover 2 shell.  

It helps to have WRs who you trust to catch the ball.  But yes, Smith should have been much more aggressive in the 4th.  But I think he played well the first 3 quarters, despite the guys around him (OL, WRs) playing like crap.

Archived