Best goal line stands you remember.

TecmoSuperJoe

I'm trying to think of some notable ones. As a 49ers fan, the game against the Eagles in 2001 was probably the best I ever saw. Eagles had 6 plays (thanks to a 49ers penalty on 4th down giving the Eagles a fresh set) inside the 2 yard line to score, and failed via a Donovan McNabb interception. 

The other would be in Super Bowl 16 against the Bengals. 

Ones by the Bengals:  The Monday night opener against Baltimore.  They had like 8-9 plays inside the 8 yard line (after a penalty gave them a new set of downs on 3rd or 4th down).  Never scored a point.  Bengals won

Against us?  Easily Super Bowl 16.  Couldn't punch it in from the 2 yard line, despite going for it on fourth down, and not losing any yards along the way.  Just got stoned.  Maybe if that drive scores, the historical course of our team changes, if we would have beaten the 49ers..  San Fran's SB run started there.

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Against us?  Easily Super Bowl 16.  Couldn't punch it in from the 2 yard line, despite going for it on fourth down, and not losing any yards along the way.  Just got stoned.  Maybe if that drive scores, the historical course of our team changes, if we would have beaten the 49ers..  San Fran's SB run started there.

Dang, second post and you already stole my thunder heh as that's the one I was going to mention. 

The Giants vs Broncos SB had one too...Broncos were 1st and goal at the 1-yd line and couldn't get in. Even worse, they missed a short FG, so zero points. Coulda be a very different SB if they'd scored a TD, Denver would've gone up 17-7 in the 2nd quarter. 

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah. It was technically near the goal line...

Yeah. I guess everyone can have a subjective definition of what a goal line stand is. For me, I usually think of it as multiple downs inside the 5 to 1 yard line, usually ending on a turn on downs. Not really with the clock expiring. To each their own though. 

20 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

I forget the exact year but the Vikings stalling the Bears 4 straight plays from the 1 then Gus Frerotte hits a wide open Bernard Berrian for a 99 yard TD on Monday Night Football

That's the first one I thought. Would have been 2008, I think it was actually SNF though. 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, INbengalfan said:

Ones by the Bengals:  The Monday night opener against Baltimore.  They had like 8-9 plays inside the 8 yard line (after a penalty gave them a new set of downs on 3rd or 4th down).  Never scored a point.  Bengals won

I think the Bengals also had a goal line stand against the Cardinals in Week 1 of the 1988 season that was a springboard to SB XXIII.

Archived