Bills to start Josh Allen; Peterman era over

wackywabbit

Not sure they really had to watch the tape, but they came to the obvious right decision here. Peterman was non-functional. Josh Allen was somewhat functional last Sundayand will give the Bills something to at least have hope for on offense. He actually made some nice throws in the harsh weather and moved the chains with his legs a couple times. Plus with his size and mobility he should be able to handle the porous blocking better than Peterman, so this is a better short-term move as well.

And Allen's career is over before it began. He really needed to sit on the bench and develop a bit more. Nothing wrong with it. Many QB's have and were far better for it. Now he's getting thrown in an unsalvageable fire for no real reason besides to keep up appearances. On the plus side, lol Bills

KC was smart enough to let Mahomes sit for a year...and he was 10x more NFL-ready at this stage than Allen.   Dear god.

I get why this is happening, and they couldn't have predicted McCarron would get hurt, but the real mistake IMO was not going after a better stopgap QB.   McCown at 10M, Bridgewater at 5M (I know Bridge is hindsight, but I said this in March, any one of Bradford <20M too much I get that>/McCown/Bridgewater would be a decent 1-year stopgap to let a young drafted QB sit and learn, and that would be 100X more important for Allen). 

Feel bad for Bills fans, I'd worry very much this could harm his development.   

Archived