Bills to start Josh Allen; Peterman era over

wackywabbit

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He sacrificed his chance at a ring when he stupidly turned down the Broncos' offer. Could have had a prove it deal and then walked into another $100 mil contract if they did really well. lol

That was smart. Reject the few offers he had then cry collusion and oppression then get paid millions more from Nike

18 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That was smart. Reject the few offers he had then cry collusion and oppression then get paid millions more from Nike

He is getting paid for less, but I wonder how many tens of millions he left on the table. Maybe over $100 million. Crazy to think about.

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The Broncos offer was before the 2016 preseason and the start of the protests.  There was no offer to him from Denver after that became an issue.

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

It's possible i suppose but it's not like he was that good at that point

Agree 100%. But he looked much better than he was when on a stacked 49ers team, and would have been a considerable upgrade over 2015 Peyton and better than Siemian/Lynch. There was plenty of talent and Kubiak could have used his athleticism to minimize his passing issues.

I've disliked him for a good while before the kneeling deal(really started hating him when he called Lamarr Houston a ****** during the game), so I am damn happy he never had a chance for that ring.

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

He’s going to get paid millions by the NFL too when he wins the collusion case, that’s inevitable. If he wants to play, he should go to the CFL or play in the XFL, he’ll ball out in those leagues and make millions. 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s going to get paid millions by the NFL too when he wins the collusion case, that’s inevitable. If he wants to play, he should go to the CFL or play in the XFL, he’ll ball out in those leagues and make millions. 

Hes never going to win a collusion case for 2 reasons.  1) its damn near impossible to win a collision case without some piece of physical evidence that clearly demonstrates collusion i.e. an email. 2) there likely was no collusion.  These are 32 of the biggest egos on the planet.  Forget about the fact that some of these guys consider themselves "Mavericks" and would never agree to conspire together.  Several of these owners would let the rest of the NFL burn if it meant another super bowl championship.  They all also come with a wide variety of political views.  The idea that you could get these 32 men to make this sort of political statement together is foolhardy at best.  Just look at what happened when the NFL announced it's new anthem policy.

Here's what actually happened.  32 owners decided independently that Collin Kaepernick the player and person was not worth losing 50% of the audience and taking on that kind of baggage. Kaepernick likely could get a job as a backup now, except he is suing the league so no team is going to sign him while this is ongoing.  

Tldr;

The NFL didn't blackball Collin Kaepernick, Collin Kaepernick blackballed himself.

Archived