This guy had an Oustanding Game

RSkinGM

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

If it were an occasional loss of anchor, that would come with the territory. With Lauvao, it's every single time. He cannot anchor in pass protection.

I hope you're right. However, from what I have seen, there won't be a pocket if Lauvao is expected to hold up 1v1 because he's going to be bull rushed right into the backfield.

We’re Just going to have to disagree because I just don’t see it happening almost every play. Yes, it happens, but it’s not as often as most Redskins fans say it is. The pressures that Lauvao gives up is blown up IMO.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We’re Just going to have to disagree because I just don’t see it happening almost every play. Yes, it happens, but it’s not as often as most Redskins fans say it is. The pressures that Lauvao gives up is blown up IMO.

Check the thread of all of the Twitter snippets that you posted (not just the ones you highlighted). Watch each play and focus on Lauvao. Every pass play he's either getting steamrolled or needs help. The running plays? He's fine and can maul people. He just cannot pass block.

Just now, Woz said:

Check the thread of all of the Twitter snippets that you posted (not just the ones you highlighted). Watch each play and focus on Lauvao. Every pass play he's either getting steamrolled or needs help. The running plays? He's fine and can maul people. He just cannot pass block.

I think steamrolled is an overreaction but hey, you’re a wordsmith. He may get pushed back a bit and give up a little ground but it’s rarely into the lap of the QB - that does happen at times - but it’s just a few times a game. Also, as I said before Scherff can handle one DT one on one and then Lauvao & Roullier can handle the other DT together. 

I could give two craps if it takes two of them to block one DT as long as Smith doesn’t get pressure much.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

About as blown up as Lauvao in pass protection?

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

About as blown up as Lauvao in pass protection?

Sure, once or twice a game unless he’s going against Calais Campbell. The only time I ever remember Lauvao getting steamrolled or manhandled all game was a few years ago when we played at AZ and they lined up Campbell over Lauvao all game.

I must have watched a different game . The Lauvao I watched , and I tried to focus on him  every play, always seemed to set a good base and and hold his ground ( Except when he moved back to set a pocket ) I'm with Turtle- Guess we'll just have to disagree.

55 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I must have watched a different game . The Lauvao I watched , and I tried to focus on him  every play, always seemed to set a good base and and hold his ground ( Except when he moved back to set a pocket ) I'm with Turtle- Guess we'll just have to disagree.

Stubbornness is a rampant problem 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:49 AM, turtle28 said:

Stubbornness is a rampant problem 

Oh, yes. That's the problem, my stubbornness. It's not having watched him play for five years; this one game's performance completely wipes all of that out.

Got it.

Just now, Woz said:

Oh, yes. That's the problem, my stubbornness. It's not having watched him play for five years; this one game's performance completely wipes all of that out.

Got it.

Wasn’t really talking about you, just the forum in general, we’re all stubborn. Still, steamrolled is not an accurate description of every lavaou pass blocking snap. It happens but it’s not as often as most fans say it does but that’s what they’ll remember if it happens a few times a game and he gives up a few pressures and a sack. Which, correct me if I’m wrong, but he did not give up a sack on Sunday, only 1, maybe 2 or 3 pressures.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:38 AM, turtle28 said:

Report: Josh Sitton to miss remainder of season. And it wouldn’t have mattered if the Redskins signed him instead of re-signing Lauvao anyways.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/report-josh-sitton-to-miss-remainder-of-season/ via @ProFootballTalk

Just because he tore his rotator cuff in Miami doesn't mean it would have happened here.

Also, had the Redskins signed Sitton, it would have shown they were trying to address the position, regardless of what ended up happening. Bringing back Lauvao and Kouandjio was throwing the towel in and saying "eff it, who cares."

Archived