Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4)

Ty21

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I had most of the backpacks collected before I even had the landmark photos available. Taught me my lesson there.

Lol yeah same. I know most of the fun in the game is flying around new York, but doing that all 3 times just for the backpacks, and then the photos, and then the birds, and the research stations and on and on. All before you have fast travel lol

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Where else can you can get challenge tokens from besides finding the bombs?  I’ve got most of the gadget upgrades but the higher ones need a lot of them.  I thought taking out demon hideouts and the the blue side missions might offer them but apparently not.  

More challenges unlock shortly after the bomb ones. And two of the types are way easier to perfect than the bombs.

29 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

More challenges unlock shortly after the bomb ones. And two of the types are way easier to perfect than the bombs.

First bomb challenge I did, I aced it.  Second one, I got disoriented directionwise for a moment and it failed the mission way too quickly.  I moved on to other stuff after that. Last night, I tried one again bcuz I need those tokens and I had to chase after a drone.  I kept getting as close as 40m but it wouldn’t let me web it.  Took me like 5 tries before I got it and it was with 1 second left on the clock. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:14 PM, thrILL! said:

First bomb challenge I did, I aced it.  Second one, I got disoriented directionwise for a moment and it failed the mission way too quickly.  I moved on to other stuff after that. Last night, I tried one again bcuz I need those tokens and I had to chase after a drone.  I kept getting as close as 40m but it wouldn’t let me web it.  Took me like 5 tries before I got it and it was with 1 second left on the clock. 

I am very certain that you don't capture it until the end of its route. You go through all of the circles and then have a few seconds to grab it when it lands

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m up to level 16 roughly and I just unlocked fast travel. 

I’m finding it a bit repetitive tbh. It reminds me of MGS:V where it’s open world but with the main, linear missions being the best part. 

I also haven’t really crafted anything except when required for a mission. 

It's definitely a collectathon and all of the open world stuff is very repetitive but I found it enjoyable. I never really got tired of traveling around the city and the combat and combat animations kept looking good.

The main story is basically a great Spider-man movie. It's almost unfair to other superheroes how good Spider-man's villains are. 

• 3 months later...

It's just a shame that Spider-Man is really the only Marvel superhero that could work in a game like this.  All the references to other MCU heroes and Avengers made me want to play as some of those other heroes.

I like the game a lot.  The collectibles are a good time killer and something to keep the game from going too quickly, just like that one Far Cry game I liked.  

It says I'm 44% through the main story, but I don't know how that's possible.  I've been doing mostly collectible things trying to complete them and Mr. Lee hasn't even presented himself as the main villain yet.  Does that sound accurate?

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's just a shame that Spider-Man is really the only Marvel superhero that could work in a game like this.  All the references to other MCU heroes and Avengers made me want to play as some of those other heroes.

I like the game a lot.  The collectibles are a good time killer and something to keep the game from going too quickly, just like that one Far Cry game I liked.  

It says I'm 44% through the main story, but I don't know how that's possible.  I've been doing mostly collectible things trying to complete them and Mr. Lee hasn't even presented himself as the main villain yet.  Does that sound accurate?

Sounds about right. I just picked it back up to finish and I’m at 80% myself  

• Like 1

One thing that absolutely ticks me off about games like this is being forced to play as other characters. I hate that so frickin much.  There should be an option to skip the parts where you're forced to play as MJ and Myles.  I've done two of those so far.  I get so furious.  

How many more of those stupid forced playing as another character things are there?

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

One thing that absolutely ticks me off about games like this is being forced to play as other characters. I hate that so frickin much.  There should be an option to skip the parts where you're forced to play as MJ and Myles.  I've done two of those so far.  I get so furious.  

How many more of those stupid forced playing as another character things are there?

Don’t ask questions that you don’t want to know the answer to. 

They get better but still annoying for the most part. There’s one of each that I didn’t mind but I won’t say which ones to avoid spoilers.