Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4)

Ty21

I got gold on three drone challenges and two bomb challenges.  The first two took me probably 100 attempts each, the third one probably only ten.  I think I have one drone challenge left and 3 bomb challenges to get gold on.  These challenges I love hate so damn much.  I get so frustrated trying over and over and over and over again thinking there's no possible way I can do them faster, but when I finally get that gold the elation is immense.  All they take is dedication and improvement and commitment.  I'm going to get the last three/four bomb/drone challenges done before I go onto the combat/stealth ones.  I feel like the combat and stealth challenges will be considerably easier.  I beat one of the combat ones in probably five tries.  It only took one try when I realized the easiest way to do it. 

With combat, it's 90% about time and damage taken.  Use the suit power that webs everything, and then use all your gadgets (especially the ones that quickly incapacitate enemies) and just be absolutely sure to avoid getting shot. 

Love this game.  I think I'll probably even buy the DLC, which is something I've only done for The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect games. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just got this and started playing it last night. Any tips to know from the beginning that you wish you knew?

Honestly not really, just enjoy it! I would say I did a fair amount of exploring between story missions, and that made the grind for collectibles after I finished less of a chore. It's a lot more fun to explore early-mid game than end game. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just got this and started playing it last night. Any tips to know from the beginning that you wish you knew?

Yeah, going off what JBURGE said, if you ultimately plan to go for Platinum and 100% the game, do at the least every crime activity you see pop up while you navigate the city. Also, any suit can be combined with any suit power. Web Blossom is the most OP suit power for fighting your way through large groups of enemies.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Yeah, going off what JBURGE said, if you ultimately plan to go for Platinum and 100% the game, do at the least every crime activity you see pop up while you navigate the city. Also, any suit can be combined with any suit power. Web Blossom is the most OP suit power for fighting your way through large groups of enemies.

Noted. Thanks! I really thought I was going to use the Tobey suit, but after putting it on, I didn't love the way it looked in the game. The first one you get from Doc Ock is pretty cool tbh. 

My main advice - invest in the travel skills early.  Sure it doesn't help with combat right away - but you'll do so much travelling if you are going to be a completionist, and  more importantly the extra jump / hangtime is necessary to do well in the time challenges once you get there in Act II.  You won't regret it.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:50 AM, MikeT14 said:

If you're going to be a completionist, look at the benchmarks EARLY in the game.  Some of the traveling/web slinging benchmarks were a pain because I just swung from building to building. 

Also, don't forget to pick up a newspaper early and often in the start of the game. 

Completing absolutely everything in this game was really fun, but I wish I had known what exactly there was to complete early on. 

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you're going to be a completionist, look at the benchmarks EARLY in the game.  Some of the traveling/web slinging benchmarks were a pain because I just swung from building to building. 

Also, don't forget to pick up a newspaper early and often in the start of the game. 

Completing absolutely everything in this game was really fun, but I wish I had known what exactly there was to complete early on. 

When you say you did a 100% completion run, did you also complete a New Game+ run on Ultimate difficulty? 

39 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

When you say you did a 100% completion run, did you also complete a New Game+ run on Ultimate difficulty? 

Nope.  I can’t play a game and then play it again right away that is absurd.  Next time I’ll do that.  Will definitely replay this game at some point.  

On 3/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, Outpost31 said:

It's just a shame that Spider-Man is really the only Marvel superhero that could work in a game like this.  All the references to other MCU heroes and Avengers made me want to play as some of those other heroes.

I like the game a lot.  The collectibles are a good time killer and something to keep the game from going too quickly, just like that one Far Cry game I liked.  

It says I'm 44% through the main story, but I don't know how that's possible.  I've been doing mostly collectible things trying to complete them and Mr. Lee hasn't even presented himself as the main villain yet.  Does that sound accurate?

Knowing that you have finished the game now, I laughed a little bit when you posted this.s

• Like 1

• 2 years later...