One Game-2 To I R .

RSkinGM

11 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

two 3rd string guys. cmon man

Quinn isn't 3rd string. He was playing teams, returning punts and he was in the game playing wideout. Used as a blocker .

John Keim said both are going to I R . This is a serious surgery. No chance either returns this year. Screws have to inserted to stabilize the tibia and fibula. They may be left in or may cause irritation after healing and have to be removed. The person may never have the flexibility they had before. Game Changer.

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Quinn isn't 3rd string. He was playing teams, returning punts and he was in the game playing wideout. Used as a blocker .

John Keim said both are going to I R . This is a serious surgery. No chance either returns this year. Screws have to inserted to stabilize the tibia and fibula. They may be left in or may cause irritation after healing and have to be removed. The person may never have the flexibility they had before. Game Changer.

He wasn’t a starter, or really close to being one. It’s a loss but not close to being a major one. He was the 5th WR on the team which, is essentially a 3rd string player.

It’s true he was the punt returner but we lose nothing in going from Quinn to Danny Johnson or Greg Stroman as our punt returner. My guess is it will be Danny Johnson who they had as the kick returner vs the Cardinals.

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true he was the punt returner but we lose nothing in going from Quinn to Danny Johnson or Greg Stroman as our punt returner. My guess is it will be Danny Johnson who they had as the kick returner vs the Cardinals.

As long as it's not Crowder, I'm happy.

3 minutes ago, rizzy said:

I get Crowder was terrible returning punts the 1st half of last year(like everything else due to his injury) but he was very good in 15 and 16

Yes, he has shown a very high variance between pro bowl returner and bottom of the league returner.  PR is not a position you want a high variance at.  You just can't trust him.  And when he inevitably fumbles at exactly the wrong moment, it has the opportunity to be a negative game changer, which was proven last year.

Washington places Trey Quinn on IR, promotes Jehu Chesson from practice squad

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/12/washington-places-trey-quinn-on-ir-promotes-jehu-chesson-from-practice-squad/ via @ProFootballTalk

Jehu Chesson played at Michigan. I hate the wolverines but always liked Chesson’s game. He’s a tough possession WR who isn’t a burner (4.47 forty) but he made a lot of tough and clutch catches in college.

I guess I’d classify him as a Pierre Garçon type WR. I have no idea if he’ll ever develop into anything as WR, but I hope he does. I think the reason he was promoted over Simmie Cobbs has to be about special teams.  I think that’s the same reason we re-signed Brian Quick  instead of just promoting Simmie Cobs, that’s a damn shame tbh. A back end of the roster guy has to be a good special teamer.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yes, he has shown a very high variance between pro bowl returner and bottom of the league returner.  PR is not a position you want a high variance at.  You just can't trust him.  And when he inevitably fumbles at exactly the wrong moment, it has the opportunity to be a negative game changer, which was proven last year.

I agree Jamison’s fumbles cost us just as many games as Cousins’ few bad ints he threw  all last year. Jamison’s fumble in week 1 vs Philadelphia was just as big a reason we lost as Kirks int and Jamison’s fumble and drop at Dallas were as big a reason as we lost that game than anything else. Actually, Jamison’s fumbles on punt returns were actually worse because he had them inside the Redskins own 30, which gave our opponents a short field and Kirk’s int was made at the Philly 5 yard line and in Dallas’ endzone after Jamison’s drop. 

Archived