Which 1st round QB since 2016 would you most like to have on your roster?

Kiwibrown

which QB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. ??

24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wentz, assuming he is healthy.  He looked amazing in the game I saw him play.  A team could win a championship with him - maybe even his backup.  ;)

my objection to Wentz is injury. His injury history is worse than goffs, he has missed time in 3 seasons so far due to injury. in 2016 it was preseason, but still 3 years of injury forwentz. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

my objection to Wentz is injury. His injury history is worse than goffs, he has missed time in 3 seasons so far due to injury. in 2016 it was preseason, but still 3 years of injury forwentz. 

People who think Wentz has an "injury problem" are so completely and utterly misinformed. 

The guy played the entire 2016 season. Why the hell do you care about preseason?

And in college, he had the one wrist injury. And last year of course the ACL. 

He isnt Andrew Luck. Or DeShaun Watson, whos torn the same ACL twice I believe? 

Wentz has played in 29/33 regular season games. Lol. But omg his injury history is such a concern!!!!

33 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

People who think Wentz has an "injury problem" are so completely and utterly misinformed. 

The guy played the entire 2016 season. Why the hell do you care about preseason?

And in college, he had the one wrist injury. And last year of course the ACL. 

He isnt Andrew Luck. Or DeShaun Watson, whos torn the same ACL twice I believe? 

Wentz has played in 29/33 regular season games. Lol. But omg his injury history is such a concern!!!!

People who dont think Wentz has an injury problem are utterly silly. 

He has had two injuries and one of them is major.

Goff. Wentz is a super close 2nd, but his injury drops him (for now). I think Goff will continue to build on his stellar season last year and has shown the ability to overcome an adverse year. I can't say Wentz would not be able to as well, but we just haven't really seen him have to. So for now, I'll give Goff the added bonus for mental fortitude. 

On 9/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, Gmen said:

Pre-injury I would have said Wentz.  It's concerning to me that's he's not on the field yet, so I went with Mahomes.  He has what they call a "live arm".

Youre really, actually concerned that Wentz hasn't played in the regular season yet? 

What sane team would do anything but what our staff has done with Wentz so far? 

People think because Watson is on the field that Wentz should be as well. Only they fail to remember that Wentz tore his ACL at the end of the 13th game of the year, in December. And Watson tore his, IIRC, in week 7? 

And we have zero reason to rush him back. The staff has been extremely (and wisely) cautious with the rehabbing despite Carson's insistence on getting out there sooner. We just won the Superbowl and have the MVP of the SB as our fill-in, along with an elite OL, top 3 head coach, and elite defense. 

Its just odd how, before the preseason, it was widely accepted that Foles would be our starter for probably a month or so. Only the delusional optimists thought otherwise. I mean, I figured the fact that we turned down a 2nd round pick for Foles in April would pretty much confirm to everyone that the team clearly had plans all along to give Wentz as much time to heal as possible.

If anything, I think people should be LESS concerned about Wentz's future because of all of that. He is now cleared for contact. And we still are not even considering him as the starter yet. 

Watson for instance doesn't get the luxury of taking his time to rehab. The Texans literally started him the second they thought he was good to go. And given how bad that OL is too, I am concerned for Watson really. Especially because that is also his 2nd ACL tear in 3 years I believe. Maybe 4. Whereas Wentz has had ONE other notable injury which was in college when he broke his wrist. 

Gonna be fun to see the reactions of some of the skeptics when Wentz returns and starts playing like the top 5 QB he is.

Archived