17 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Steelers by 8+
    • Steelers by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 8+
    • A TIE!!! hahahahaha

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This game makes me think of the Start of the 2002 season.  The Pats and then the raiders lite up the Steeler defense.  Gannon threw over 60 times.  Exposed LeBeau's zone blitz badly.  The 2002 Steers had a bye week and a easier schedule to retool the scheme.

I think teams have figured out this scheme.  Do they have the guts to change.

Tim Lewis was the DC during that.. the defense falling off in 03 led to ****

looking at our schedule this yr..I see a similar fate with Butler..

3 hours ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I think it actually starts before free agency for us. We have shown a willingness to sign average guys to big money second or third contracts, which doesn’t leave us the money to fill our needs through an ufa. The dedication to players that were drafted by us goes too far. Maybe when we were one of only 2-3 teams playing a 3-4 it was okay since they knew the system, but everyone knows our system now. We have to know when to move on and replace them with similar talent for lower $$ than c2 or c3. Spend our money on core guys and replace average like NE does and we could afford to pursue game changers. 

it couldn't have been said better could it? And the bold is a real issue  I have with this regime, a real pitfall and has cost the team in a major way.

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

He was targeted 17 timed this past game five or take a few...several of which were deep shots....what the hell more does he want?

After his stupid tantrum yesterday and this garbage, along with threatening to punch somebody in Twitter, he’s looking like a spoiled brat.

I'm sorry but this is boxscore watching at best... Ben had several throws which didn't even land within 5 yards of Antonio, many of which sailed out the back of the end zone or a good 3 or so yards out of bounds. Of the 17 targets he had, about 11 were actually catchable. Ben was off yesterday and couldn't hit a deep pass to save his life. In fact, he didn't. The closest things to a deep pass were two broken plays and a wobbler to Brown on a counterpost against the zone.

This sure as hell isn't a good look for Brown but the "he had 17 targets argument" isn't a good one. There was a literal target where the snap was aborted and Ben threw it out of the end zone in Brown's direction to avoid an intentional grounding as an example.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ugh....Pittsburgh media treats Brown like crap.  I'm surprised it's taken him this long to lash out TBH.  I DM'ed the writer that basically spent 1000 words bashing Brown for the sideline yelling.  The writer didn't know Brown was wide open, and didn't care.  The writer said it doesn't matter that he normally does this and mist people ignore it.  The writer said it didn't matter that Ben didn't throw to him wide open 4 times.  He said because camera's caught it he was selfish and you can't have a selfish player on the team.  I told him if that's the case we don't deserve Brown.

That right there is a fact. Meanwhile, when our QB was accused of rape (twice) the Pittsburgh media stuck by him and simply said "he needs to grow up." Mark Madden is the perfect example of this. Constantly lambasts JuJu for playing video games or Brown for being "selfish" but anytime someone brings up Ben's rape allegations, fake injuries, or refusal to play in that Ravens game, Madden always ignores it and the rest of Pittsburgh media follows suit. Pittsburgh media and some of the people still there are crap.

16 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm sorry but this is boxscore watching at best... Ben had several throws which didn't even land within 5 yards of Antonio, many of which sailed out the back of the end zone or a good 3 or so yards out of bounds. Of the 17 targets he had, about 11 were actually catchable. Ben was off yesterday and couldn't hit a deep pass to save his life. In fact, he didn't. The closest things to a deep pass were two broken plays and a wobbler to Brown on a counterpost against the zone.

This sure as hell isn't a good look for Brown but the "he had 17 targets argument" isn't a good one. There was a literal target where the snap was aborted and Ben threw it out of the end zone in Brown's direction to avoid an intentional grounding as an example.

Doesn’t matter if Bens off...they were thrown at him. And so if that’s the case...oh no, ONLY 16 targets.

Plus, the other crap I stated above as well which no one has commented on.

AB has proven to be stupid on camera several times...or through social media...

Ben was accused of things...no evidence was found IIRC...that’s different.

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Doesn’t matter if Bens off...they were thrown at him. And so if that’s the case...oh no, ONLY 16 targets.

Plus, the other crap I stated above as well which no one has commented on.

AB has proven to be stupid on camera several times...or through social media...

Ben was accused of things...no evidence was found IIRC...that’s different.

You know, except for the severity of the accusations. If I had a son and he was accused of rape I'd certainly be more upset with that then him being an *** on social media.

Plain and simple, your box score watching argument was terrible. You legitimately are mad at Brown for Ben's terrible throws as if he doesn't have a right to be mad that only one target beyond 9 yards was in bounds or within 3 yards of him?

What Brown did on social media was absolutely stupid. But it truly amazes me how so many people cling on to Ben when he's not playing well because of the success from the Mid 2000s. I now understand why older Steelers fans used to always get angry with me when I discussed Ben in comparison to Bradshaw.

21 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You know, except for the severity of the accusations. If I had a son and he was accused of rape I'd certainly be more upset with that then him being an *** on social media.

Plain and simple, your box score watching argument was terrible. You legitimately are mad at Brown for Ben's terrible throws as if he doesn't have a right to be mad that only one target beyond 9 yards was in bounds or within 3 yards of him?

What Brown did on social media was absolutely stupid. But it truly amazes me how so many people cling on to Ben when he's not playing well because of the success from the Mid 2000s. I now understand why older Steelers fans used to always get angry with me when I discussed Ben in comparison to Bradshaw.

You’re not getting it.

Accusations are that...severity worse yes but again that’s it.

AB continues to act like a child pure and simple...on a continual basis...thats regardless of Bens accusations against him 10 years ago.

Ben was off on throws in the 1st half but still went for 400 and 3 roughly so I don’t get the whole Ben not playing well argument.

Even if you want to nitpick on 5-6 throes that’s still 10-11 targets...on pace for 160-175 on a season...no reason to cry.

Im mad at AB being more worried about his stupid stats rather than winning...

From the stupid Facebook crap with the Pats, to threatening to break someone’s jaw cause he caught feelings, to his stupid tantrum on the sidelines towards his coach and now catching feelings again from a former employee saying Ben made you to saying “trade me and find out”.

Is he that thin skinned to utterly brain dead to say something stupid like that?

Its becoming an all too common theme with him anymore...Yet people don’t wanna acknowledge it.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

You’re not getting it.

Accusations are that...severity worse yes but again that’s it.

AB continues to act like a child pure and simple...on a continual basis...thats regardless of Bens accusations against him 10 years ago.

Ben was off on throws in the 1st half but still went for 400 and 3 roughly so I don’t get the whole Ben not playing well argument.

Even if you want to nitpick on 5-6 throes that’s still 10-11 targets...on pace for 160-175 on a season...no reason to cry.

Im mad at AB being more worried about his stupid stats rather than winning...

From the stupid Facebook crap with the Pats, to threatening to break someone’s jaw cause he caught feelings, to his stupid tantrum on the sidelines towards his coach and now catching feelings again from a former employee saying Ben made you to saying “trade me and find out”.

Is he that thin skinned to utterly brain dead to say something stupid like that?

Its becoming an all too common theme with him anymore...Yet people don’t wanna acknowledge it.

No, we acknowledge it and see that it's a problem. That's the issue. We can see the issue. However, apologists for other players on this team don't seem to acknowledge their shortcomings. For instance, while everyone was contributing to the drama with Bell not being present, it was AB that went about his business and didn't talk badly about Bell. It was our QB throwing thinly veiled shots at him. When Martavis wasn't playing up to par it wasn't AB who called him out in public; it was our SB Champion QB. Sorry, I think Ben's trangressions are worse since he's a QB but everyone forgives him... because he's a QB. They both have issues but the difference is Ben apologist/Steelers old timer fans don't acknowledge Ben's faults with this team. They only acknowledge the young guy's issues "because they haven't won a ring."

6 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

No, we acknowledge it and see that it's a problem. That's the issue. We can see the issue. However, apologists for other players on this team don't seem to acknowledge their shortcomings. For instance, while everyone was contributing to the drama with Bell not being present, it was AB that went about his business and didn't talk badly about Bell. It was our QB throwing thinly veiled shots at him. When Martavis wasn't playing up to par it wasn't AB who called him out in public; it was our SB Champion QB. Sorry, I think Ben's trangressions are worse since he's a QB but everyone forgives him... because he's a QB. They both have issues but the difference is Ben apologist/Steelers old timer fans don't acknowledge Ben's faults with this team. They only acknowledge the young guy's issues "because they haven't won a ring."

No, some aren’t acknowledging it.

You really consider Ben and the OL saying Bell is stupid for not reporting to camp and Ben  calling out his troubled WR the same as AB not listening to Tomlin about the no social media crap against the Pats and him having a meltdown on the sidelines with a coach cause he supposedly wasn’t getting his way, among other things...

Really?

Sometimes it’s the job of the QB to lead the team one way or the other...not the WR who’s acting like a diva anymore...I just don’t see how anybody can’t see this plain as day.

If it was Juju, James, Conner who ever doing this...I’d be saying the same thing.

Archived