Week 2 GDT: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans

Texansfan713

Related image

12 PM

CBS

3 Keys to the Game

1.  Paging Jadeveon Clowney: I'll give Whitney Mercilus a pass since he is trying to knock off the rust returning from injury but Clowney needs to show up. Last week we didnt get any amount of pressure on Brady.  Titans could be without Mariota so we have to take advantage of that.  Even if he is playing we need to make him uncomfortable in the pocket.

2.  Better QB play from Watson:  Watson was bad last week we can all agree with that.  One of the best things about this league is that you can quickly forget about how bad you are and focus and prepare for the next game.  I think Watson will have a better game this week vs the Titans.  He did a number on them in his last meeting vs them in Houston.  If Fuller and even Coutee comes back this week it will really help his play.

3. O'Brien gameplan vs Vrabel:  Vrabel is a first year HC.  O Brien is in his 5th year coaching in the NFL. There should be no reason he is outcoached in this game.  He is very familiar with Vrabel. Im interested in seeing how they game plan against each other head to head.

I think this might be one of the few games this season that we have a coaching edge. Vrabel was given a D Cord job in Houston out of fear that he would get one somewhere else. He bombed hard as a DC and it landed him a HC job with a playoff team. We shouldnt be overmatched in this one. 

Mariota is playing, but they are still down Lewan, and I dont see him being ready to play this week. Conklin has also been missing and was limited in practice. Those might be the best pair of tackles in the league, and without them, we should have a major advantage on the front. 

Watson has me worried. Part of me says "Hey its rust, first game back from ACL tear" and then part of me is like "Maybe the ACL tear will impact his game for good". I hope he comes out and silences the doubters this week. 

We need our D to step it up. Watt has me super encouraged. He was a beast in the 2nd half. Clowney has always had a low motor. He's either going to have a game where hes the worst player on the field or where he looks like he could win DPOY. It seems like Clowney is never just a solid player. I wouldnt pay the man anything. I would try and flip him for a 1st round pick. We need to move on from injury prone players.

a few match ups I think are key:

Deon Lewis vs Cunningham
Lewis is being used as a threat in the pass game. Cunningham seemed to be the guy covering backs out of the backfield last Sunday. Without Walker the Titans are not stacked with pass catchers. This one could be key

Corey Davis vs JJoe
We are depleted in the secondary. Luckily the Titans best WR is not crazy good. If JJoe can keep him in check, it can be a good day

Malcom Butler
I wish he was a Texan, so I will throw this out there: If he has a good game against us, I am going to be ticked. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Corey Davis vs JJoe
We are depleted in the secondary. Luckily the Titans best WR is not crazy good. If JJoe can keep him in check, it can be a good day

Is it Joseph or Colvin? I vaguely remember Colvin on Hogan last Sunday...

Win or lose all I want are no injuries. We are hemorrhaging hard in that area - Conklin won’t play in this one, Lewan I doubt makes it through protocol, Morgan only played 14 snaps last week, our 1st and 2nd rounders Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry are still dealing with their injuries from camp and didn’t play last week, Davis randomly showed up on the injury report with a hamstring, Marcus seems to be good to go but said yesterday he’s still feeling tingling in his hand so who knows the guy’s made of glass, and of course Delanie is out for the year.

I think this game boils down to if the Watson from last year shows up or the Watson from last Sunday shows up. If I  were O’brien I would gameplan for him to get the ball out of his hands quickly as his problem last week was holding it too long and Tannehill was shredding us last week with the quick strikes. I understand your guys’ o-line is your weak unit but Casey, Orakpo and a limited Morgan weren’t able to generate any pressure against Miami. I don’t expect that to change if Watson’s getting the ball out quickly or if Evans/Landry aren’t able to suit up. At the end of the day, I think we are too banged up and Watson makes enough plays against us to take this one. 

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Win or lose all I want are no injuries. We are hemorrhaging hard in that area - Conklin won’t play in this one, Lewan I doubt makes it through protocol, Morgan only played 14 snaps last week, our 1st and 2nd rounders Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry are still dealing with their injuries from camp and didn’t play last week, Davis randomly showed up on the injury report with a hamstring, Marcus seems to be good to go but said yesterday he’s still feeling tingling in his hand so who knows the guy’s made of glass, and of course Delanie is out for the year.

I think this game boils down to if the Watson from last year shows up or the Watson from last Sunday shows up. If I  were O’brien I would gameplan for him to get the ball out of his hands quickly as his problem last week was holding it too long and Tannehill was shredding us last week with the quick strikes. I understand your guys’ o-line is your weak unit but Casey, Orakpo and a limited Morgan weren’t able to generate any pressure against Miami. I don’t expect that to change if Watson’s getting the ball out quickly or if Evans/Landry aren’t able to suit up. At the end of the day, I think we are too banged up and Watson makes enough plays against us to take this one. 

watson hasnt had a problem holding onto the ball, he had a problem getting pass protection. The line looked awful bad in the first half. I think they did better in the 2nd. Watson looked a step slow, but hes coming off the ACL tear and hardly played in the pre season. 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

watson hasnt had a problem holding onto the ball, he had a problem getting pass protection. The line looked awful bad in the first half. I think they did better in the 2nd. Watson looked a step slow, but hes coming off the ACL tear and hardly played in the pre season. 

Ahh, thought I remembered the story being he was holding the ball too long.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Pass pro wasn't great, but Watson was holding on too long. Like you said it may be from his recovery. What I don't understand is why they were calling 5 and 7 step drops with the O-Line getting pummeled and Watson being cautious. Bad recipe. 

9 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Pass pro wasn't great, but Watson was holding on too long. Like you said it may be from his recovery. What I don't understand is why they were calling 5 and 7 step drops with the O-Line getting pummeled and Watson being cautious. Bad recipe. 

That is BOB for ya 

on State of the Texans this week Pat mentioned that a Clemson fan had told him that after Watson tore his first ACL he had about 3 bad games before he was back to himself. Hopefully he'll be back to himself soon, but I expect the defense to win this game for us either way. Especially if we get to see Gabbert

2 hours ago, tab said:

on State of the Texans this week Pat mentioned that a Clemson fan had told him that after Watson tore his first ACL he had about 3 bad games before he was back to himself. Hopefully he'll be back to himself soon, but I expect the defense to win this game for us either way. Especially if we get to see Gabbert

Pretty confident Marcus is gonna sit. Also on top of Conklin and Lewan being out, Kelly is in the hospital. Our offense as a whole is just decimated right now. No reason you guys should lose this one.

Venue:
Sunday, Sept 16, 2018 • 12:00 PM CT • Nissan Stadium • Nashville, TN

titans-2.jpg

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM) 
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV:
02-CBS-E.png

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh  Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts  (Red)
Miami @ NY Jets  Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Blue)
Houston @ Tennessee  Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (Green)
Indianapolis @ Washington  Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Yellow)
LA Chargers @ Buffalo  Tom McCarthy, Steve Beuerlein (Orange)
NO GAME due to local home game on FOX (Grey)

Preview: YouTube Video

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Pete Morelli

Uniform Combination: Liberty White Jerseys/Deep Steel Blue Pants

Weather: 82° F  Full Weather: Link 

Go Texans!

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Bruh they're without both OT's, lost their stud TE last week, and possibly their QB...you should definitely take this.

im saying GG because clowney always hurt.  His agent is delusional if they think he should get what Donald and Mack get.  

Archived