The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Did he get to the QB twice yesterday but they took a sack from him?

Yeah, he got there twice.  Other guys were near the QB also.  I think he ll be fine in time.  He s been getting penetration, but his timing to disengage and make a play has been an issue.  Personally, I think he has been thinking too much because he missed so much time his technique that Buckner wants isn t engrained in his muscle memory, but is getting there.

Warren Sapp wasn t very good until his second yr.  Aaron Donald was an outlier for production from DTs.  

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fitz has 12 turnovers in seven games. I thought that was bad for QBs. Or is it only ok if he does it.

And it's not like he's winning games. So I'm not sure why he gets a pass.

Over 10% of Winston's throws have gone to the other team this year. Isn't Bortles the only Qb who has thrown for as many ints as Winston has? Winston will throw across the field to a rb five yards off the los in triple coverage. He has no deep ball to speak of, he often sails balls high, and he makes too many bone headed plays. Neither is the long term solution but one is locked in to $20,000,000 if injured this year. I see no reason to play winston again. If a new GM or coach want to take a swing next year and think they can work with him so be it. I don't think anyone on these boards doesn't want a franchise Qb. 

11 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Over 10% of Winston's throws have gone to the other team this year. Isn't Bortles the only Qb who has thrown for as many ints as Winston has? Winston will throw across the field to a rb five yards off the los in triple coverage. He has no deep ball to speak of, he often sails balls high, and he makes too many bone headed plays. Neither is the long term solution but one is locked in to $20,000,000 if injured this year. I see no reason to play winston again. If a new GM or coach want to take a swing next year and think they can work with him so be it. I don't think anyone on these boards doesn't want a franchise Qb. 

The sad thing is. The glazers will make that call on Jamie’s Winston which right now if true is a good thing. It gives the new coach an option. Cut him trade him or play him on a 1 year franchise option. 

16 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

We don't have any other options at QB. We won't have any other options at QB this offseason. Barring something bizarre, Jameis is making $21M next year whether he gets hurt or plays. The Glazers have to keep him next year.

What do we accomplish by not playing him? He's getting that money no matter what.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We don't have any other options at QB. We won't have any other options at QB this offseason. Barring something bizarre, Jameis is making $21M next year whether he gets hurt or plays. The Glazers have to keep him next year.

What do we accomplish by not playing him? He's getting that money no matter what.

He is not locked in to that yet. At this stage of the game I'd rather give some of that $20,000,000 to Fitz and spend the rest on upgrading both lines and or the secondary. Fitz, Collins, and some towards ? sounds better to me then none of those and just Winston.

2 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

He is not locked in to that yet. At this stage of the game I'd rather give some of that $20,000,000 to Fitz and spend the rest on upgrading both lines and or the secondary. Fitz, Collins, and some towards ? sounds better to me then none of those and just Winston.

That's not what the Glazers are gonna do though. We need to accept that.

23 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

We’ll have more than 20m in cap room either way once we cut the players who shouldn’t be here. I don’t think it’s a financial decision by the Glazers to sit Winston. 

Worst case scenario, they’re out of pocket by 20m and don’t have a franchise QB, best case Winston puts something decent on film and either earns himself another shot, or attracts trade offers.

Archived