The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

I know we have the game thread for real discussion and all, but I don't know about yall but sometimes I let my homerism get the best of me and think a little less than rational.. sometimes those thoughts come true (see: last weekend) so maybe we can talk some more greatness into reality. 

Let's start out with the NFL's OPOY, the leader in the MVP race, YOUR current NFL leader in passer rating.. the one and only Fitzmagic

Now, I know the Eagles have this great defensive line that could pressure him, and that might be an issue for some teams, but we got the mf'ing stick carriers leading the way for Fitz. Cox and Bennett don't want anything with that Marpet + Jensen combo. Donovan is trying to get paid, he's not letting anyone get close enough to even smells Fitz' beard oil. Don't even have to talk on Dotson you know what he's about..

Let's get to our weapons. The most lethal group in the league.. you got Mike Evans not only towering over every DB in the league, but you got him leaving last year's best rookie CB face planted in the grass trying to keep up with him. You got Chris Godwin breaking out, with team's 3rd and 4th CBs trying to cover him.. pleaaase your #1 can't touch him. You got OJ Howard taking the top off the defense as a damn TE, hell he's faster than some of our WRs. 

Then you got DE-SEAN JACK-SON, Mr. 100% catch rate, Mr. 30 yards per catch, Mr. Who's Gonna Catch Me? Who's supposed to be assigned to him? Jalen Mills aka Mr. 4.61 40 yard dash

Oh I forgot to mention, he's going up against the team that drafted him, then CUT him. DeSean doesn't seem like the type that forgets. 

Then we have our Peyton Barber, the easiest player to cheer for in the NFL, ready to break out following Marpet and Jensen's blocks. Rumor has it that Ronald Jones is going to make his debut this week too.. give him a crease to slip through and he's going to join the 50+ yard TD club with DeSean and Mike. 

What about our defense though? The one that gave up a few yards and points to one of the best QBs off all time, one of the best receivers in the league, and maybe the most dangerous RB in the league? 

Yeah we don't have to worry about all that this week. We have Nick Foles, who only managed 117 yards on 34 attempts (!) last week. His top WR is Nelson Agholor, who managed 33 yards on 8 catches last week. Just wait until Fitz and Co. put up a quick 14 points and Foles has to go into catch up mode.. we'll be seeing TO's forced by all of our rookie CBs. Carlton has the height and wingspan to catch that overthown ball going over Mike Wallace's head. MJ Stewart will be looking like Ronde blitzing off the corner. Maybe even Mike Smith smartens up and puts Justin Evans in coverage on Ertz and we see him pick off an underthrown attempt. 

Did we talk about our DLINE yet? JPP against his old and familiar division rival. Vinny Curry up against the team that JUST cut him. Beau Allen up against the team that didn't want to pay him. You think these guys have some motivation this week? Gerald McCoy is going to be surrounded by the most talented and the hungriest group he's ever played with this week. 

So who's with me? Who's ready to wake the league up and take down the champs? 

• Like 2

Love the hype. This thread will really start getting replies if we beat Philly and Pit. But I agree the potential for our guys really is as good as some of the homer claims that are made here. My one reservation is the defense, but our offense could be historic for this franchise this year.