The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

This quantifies my concerns with whether the design of this offense is a winning formula in today s NFL.  

I dunno if its necessarily the offense.. probably doesn't help but there was an interview with fitz and he said nowadays he takes the big shot w/o hesitation because he's in that point of his career where he dgaf and just let's it rip. Which I think hes referring to.  He also said he sees opportunities like that much clearer now too

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Thoughts on my boy Vea so far?

Being injured all through preseason and camp really didn’t help him. I’m not sure about his ability as a pass rusher and he struggles to get off blocks in run defence.

He’s ragdolled a few guys during games, but all of his highlights tend to happen at the LOS, where he typically gets stone walled. 

I’ve yet to see anything to justify drafting him as highly as we did. The early signs aren’t good.

Let’s see what he can do next season under the new coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Being injured all through preseason and camp really didn’t help him. I’m not sure about his ability as a pass rusher and he struggles to get off blocks in run defence.

He’s ragdolled a few guys during games, but all of his highlights tend to happen at the LOS, where he typically gets stone walled. 

I’ve yet to see anything to justify drafting him as highly as we did. The early signs aren’t good.

Let’s see what he can do next season under the new coaching staff.

Yeah we screwed the pooch on that one. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Thoughts on my boy Vea so far?

Unlike half the team, no one can question Vea s effort.  His development has been slowed with a calf injury sustained on the first day of pads in preseason.  He didn t return until week 4.  So much time was lost with technique because of the injury.  I like what I have seen so far.  He doesn t get moved on a double team.  I have no idea why the coaching staff is having him line up a half yard from the LOS.  He just needs more reps. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Unlike half the team, no one can question Vea s effort.  His development has been slowed with a calf injury sustained on the first day of pads in preseason.  He didn t return until week 4.  So much time was lost with technique because of the injury.  I like what I have seen so far.  He doesn t get moved on a double team.  I have no idea why the coaching staff is having him line up a half yard from the LOS.  He just needs more reps. 

Did he get to the QB twice yesterday but they took a sack from him?

Archived