The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Soooo, the HC sits down to watch film with his back up QB and WR2  to figure out why they can t connect on the deep.ball after a victory and the QB having a 75 percent completion.  A little too obsessed with explosives.  😂

I wonder if Koetter has time to review film with his RG position, which most would assume is a bigger issue with the team.  Koetter is a good OC who is way over his head as a HC.  Soon that issue will be corrected.

"Ok, guys. We won last week. We put up 27 points. We didn't turn the ball over. We were efficient. And we still had like six or eight explosives.

How do we sacrifice efficiency and turnovers for more explosives?"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

That’s a stat and a half.

Our offence is definitely set up for success though...

The offensive philosophy is built upon an average oline coupled with a QBs ability to scramble to avoid pressure and stayed focused to make the right read with routes well past 10 yds.  Sean Payton would be laughing his arse off with this philosophy.  

Does this team have a QB issue?  Certainly possible, but when the passing game is so outside the norm of the rest of the league, how can it be judged properly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

The offensive philosophy is built upon an average oline coupled with a QBs ability to scramble to avoid pressure and stayed focused to make the right read with routes well past 10 yds.  Sean Payton would be laughing his arse off with this philosophy.  

Does this team have a QB issue?  Certainly possible, but when the passing game is so outside the norm of the rest of the league, how can it be judged properly?

This is a good summary. We don’t use the width of the field at all. Stress the defence downfield and stress them at the boundaries.

We literally don’t use any shallow cross concepts or any crossing routes really. Take a guy like Jackson and have him run a crossing route - that’s an easy way to generate a favourable matchup.

We need a scheme that makes the QB’s life easier and focuses on stressing defences more. The current practice of not using the entire width of the field and not using formations to generate good matchups/ natural rubs is outdated and won’t get it done when it matters in the pros.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

This is a good summary. We don’t use the width of the field at all. Stress the defence downfield and stress them at the boundaries.

We literally don’t use any shallow cross concepts or any crossing routes really. Take a guy like Jackson and have him run a crossing route - that’s an easy way to generate a favourable matchup.

We need a scheme that makes the QB’s life easier and focuses on stressing defences more. The current practice of not using the entire width of the field and not using formations to generate good matchups/ natural rubs is outdated and won’t get it done when it matters in the pros.

It works between the 20s. Nobody can stop it consistently.

It doesn't work in the redzone.

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair both QBs are not good in the red zone either. Both are hesitant when the timing and decision making have to be precise. 

Listening to Ian Beckles in the trenches in the morning , he nailed it right. Jameis seems to make better throws when he plays sandlot. When reads have to be made in the pocket he panics 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe my definitions are off, but I see this offense so much more slanted towards Air Coryell as opposed to Air Raid.  I ve watched Wazzou a decent amount this year.  They really attack the short middle of the field with crossers and attack the flanks of a defense with WR screens, but also RBs in the flats by the sidelines.  We have the slot WR screen to stress the outside flanks and that s about it.  Wazzou will take their shots with deep digs and post, but it looks to me is they pummel a defense short to set up those long shots.  Obviously, with the stats of actually yds traveled in the air and number if hits by the QB, this staff is not interested in short game.  

There is so little horizontally it is no wonder most TD passes in the red zone are off scramble. How great of a play design in Charlotte, motioning Howard across the LOS isolating against a LB with a race to the pylon.  Easy money.  Give me more of those designs.  Just what I see, maybe I m missing things.  

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Maybe my definitions are off, but I see this offense so much more slanted towards Air Coryell as opposed to Air Raid.  I ve watched Wazzou a decent amount this year.  They really attack the short middle of the field with crossers and attack the flanks of a defense with WR screens, but also RBs in the flats by the sidelines.  We have the slot WR screen to stress the outside flanks and that s about it.  Wazzou will take their shots with deep digs and post, but it looks to me is they pummel a defense short to set up those long shots.  Obviously, with the stats of actually yds traveled in the air and number if hits by the QB, this staff is not interested in short game.  

There is so little horizontally it is no wonder most TD passes in the red zone are off scramble. How great of a play design in Charlotte, motioning Howard across the LOS isolating against a LB with a race to the pylon.  Easy money.  Give me more of those designs.  Just what I see, maybe I m missing things.  

Honestly I think it’s everything. QBs are part of the problem but the coaching is so inconsistent. I listened to bucs uncensored and they made a great analogy. Why did koetter depend so much on running the ball with MJD in Jax, Atlanta with Stephen Jackson, and then 2015 with Doug martin and Charles sims. He’s really gone off course and is pass heavy. I don’t understand what he’s really doing especially when he has two QBs who don’t protect the football well consistently in the past or present. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, bucsfan333 said:

This is insane. 😂

This stat doesn’t surprise me one bit. The running game does not work. Thus linebackers and safeties do not have to cheat closer to the LOS. Thus passing lanes are not open across the field because everyone can in their drop. No running game = ineffective PA passing game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The ppg isn't great but it's over a TD less per game. And we've had a slew of injuries. Can't hate the turnaround.

It just shows how inept Mike Smith as a DC was during his tenure.  Duffner has done a better job, but the question is relative to his 31 peers is he above average?   A real tough question to answer regarding Duffner.  Certainly the "what if" game is in play if he was appointed in January.  The HC screwed the pooch with DC choice from the beginning, that we can answer with certainty.

• Like 1