The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

It could be argued that Duffner has done a better job then Monken.  Is it outlandish to think the Bucs have above average coordinators with a below average HC?  

I mean let s face it if Duffner is named DC in January wouldn t that be worth at least another win.  Im not even going to comment on the QB carousel.  The HC takes back play calling for 1 game just because.  I mean who in the history of the NFL has done that.  🤔

So in your Licht stays scenario, what’s the chance we keep the coordinators but let the HC go? Bring in a Dan Campbell or Kris Richard and they already have a top OC on hand with a DC that seems to know how to get the most out of his players.

15 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So in your Licht stays scenario, what’s the chance we keep the coordinators but let the HC go? Bring in a Dan Campbell or Kris Richard and they already have a top OC on hand with a DC that seems to know how to get the most out of his players.

I ve given up trying to figure out what the Glazers will do.  If I had to lean towards one coordinator being retained it would be Monken.  There is a skill set of not only game planning, but calling the game.  Monken has shown to be at an above average level for more games.  Not everyone can do both effectively and I ll use the Saints as my example.  A few yrs back Payton gave play calling up to Carmichael.  It lasted less then a season before Payton took it back.  I m sure Carmichael is important during the week, but as a play caller Payton thought he wasn t the best option.  This yr, Monken has shown to be the best option on game day.  Whose to know for a certain his offense would nt even be more dynamic without Koetter having final say over the call sheet.

For all the weapons on offense, I do believe it is not a given that any OC can do a similiar job.  If that was the case if Harbaugh is the choice and he insists  on bringing Mornhinweg, that should nt be a deal breaker.

For all my issues with Koetter the HC, there is no denying he has a major role in the construction and execution of the teams best offense in it s history.  Do I believe it can be even better?  Certainly, but to run off the OC who is a first yr play caller is risky. Maybe the Glazers will insist Monken remain the OC for the new HC.  Would there be a shorter pool to choose from?  Probably.  I know Koetter is not a Super Bowl winning HC, he is not a leader of a team and that s okay because he is a damn good OC.  In the short term. Todd M'fing Monken has shown to be a top 5 OC.  Here s the recent list of OCs before him:  Koetter, Arroyo, Tedford, Sullivan, Olson, and Jagodzinski.  Ouch.  

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We were like third or fourth worst in yards before contact like a month ago. I can't imagine that number's gone up since then.

The sad part is this has been the problem for the past couple seasons...   It has to be scheme more than anything else...  I just don't see us having that ****ty of an O line.  Look at Texans O line and how they run the ball.  I don't know if I would take any of their O linemen and swap them with ours except Beneoch.  It has got to be Warhop and isn't Beneoch like his nephew or something?

I just looked at Warhops history...    He is living off of Coaching Orlando Pace and turning around a unit in Dallas that was last in sacks with 50+ and then only giving up 30+.    He was fired after that and went to 49ers had two ****ty seasons with them and was fired than went to browns I believe who had some very good players.    In 09 with the Browns I looked up PFF and FOO grades they were middle of the pack at about 10-15.

6 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

The sad part is this has been the problem for the past couple seasons...   It has to be scheme more than anything else...  I just don't see us having that ****ty of an O line.  Look at Texans O line and how they run the ball.  I don't know if I would take any of their O linemen and swap them with ours except Beneoch.  It has got to be Warhop and isn't Beneoch like his nephew or something?

I just looked at Warhops history...    He is living off of Coaching Orlando Pace and turning around a unit in Dallas that was last in sacks with 50+ and then only giving up 30+.    He was fired after that and went to 49ers had two ****ty seasons with them and was fired than went to browns I believe who had some very good players.    In 09 with the Browns I looked up PFF and FOO grades they were middle of the pack at about 10-15.

I honestly think our line would drastically improve just by swapping Benenoch and Marpet.

That leaves D Smith on an island against DEs, like he already is.

That puts Benenoch with a DT over his right shoulder between him and Jensen. A double team there is ideal for both guys. @ravishingone posted that clip of Jensen leveling a guy on a double team. They're both our weakest pass blockers. Put them together and we're much better off. Hell, Benenoch could even chip and slide over to help Smith if we need it. That would at least help cover the inside a little more for him.

That leaves Marpet one on one with the other team's best interior guy. He's the only guy on this roster who can win those matchups more often than not.

Dot stays outside by himself, like he is now. But he knows Marpet isn't gonna whiff or end up on his *** next to him. Which gives him a little bit of help inside.

The way we have it now leaves Benenoch one on one too often. And it's a mess. He just can't do it.

Also, yeah. Warhop isn't getting the job done. He needs to go whether or not Koetter survives.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I honestly think our line would drastically improve just by swapping Benenoch and Marpet.

That leaves D Smith on an island against DEs, like he already is.

That puts Benenoch with a DT over his right shoulder between him and Jensen. A double team there is ideal for both guys. @ravishingone posted that clip of Jensen leveling a guy on a double team. They're both our weakest pass blockers. Put them together and we're much better off. Hell, Benenoch could even chip and slide over to help Smith if we need it. That would at least help cover the inside a little more for him.

That leaves Marpet one on one with the other team's best interior guy. He's the only guy on this roster who can win those matchups more often than not.

Dot stays outside by himself, like he is now. But he knows Marpet isn't gonna whiff or end up on his *** next to him. Which gives him a little bit of help inside.

The way we have it now leaves Benenoch one on one too often. And it's a mess. He just can't do it.

Also, yeah. Warhop isn't getting the job done. He needs to go whether or not Koetter survives.

Warhop has been here 5 yrs, he has less of a chance to be here then Koetter.  Both QBs have made this oline look better then they are.  I just don t understand Liedkte can t get a sniff of playing time.  

They can t be a serious playoff contender until they can control the LOS with the oline.  It won t happen this season. 

So JR Sweezy is playing LG for a team that is at least top 3 in rushing.  The regime really miscalculated how effective Benenoch would be moving inside.  

And the whole argument that there are no better options on the roster is flawed.  What has Warhop done in almost 5 years to earn so much trust that he knows which 5 olinemen are the best to play? In his very limited playing time, has Wester shown to be worse then Dotson or Smith.  Why couldn t Wester get better with more reps just like Whitehead and Vea.  Same with Cappa.  Apparently, because Warhop says so, and the HC agrees.  I just can t have blind faith in them at this point.

Archived