The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So JR Sweezy is playing LG for a team that is at least top 3 in rushing.  The regime really miscalculated how effective Benenoch would be moving inside.  

And the whole argument that there are no better options on the roster is flawed.  What has Warhop done in almost 5 years to earn so much trust that he knows which 5 olinemen are the best to play? In his very limited playing time, has Wester shown to be worse then Dotson or Smith.  Why couldn t Wester get better with more reps just like Whitehead and Vea.  Same with Cappa.  Apparently, because Warhop says so, and the HC agrees.  I just can t have blind faith in them at this point.

Its sooo ridiculously stupid...   and also the BS about JR Sweezy can't play LG??  so we had to move Marpet to center so Sweezy could play RG?  Sweezy isn't great but he definitely is a world beater compared to Beneoch.

28 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Its sooo ridiculously stupid...   and also the BS about JR Sweezy can't play LG??  so we had to move Marpet to center so Sweezy could play RG?  Sweezy isn't great but he definitely is a world beater compared to Beneoch.

What s crazy they haved moved their best olinemen to 2 new positions for?????? Reasons unkown.  No one else in the league does a guard platoon.  Cutting edge or dumb?  All of this is signed off by the HC.  Just silliness.

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

What s crazy they haved moved their best olinemen to 2 new positions for?????? Reasons unkown.  No one else in the league does a guard platoon.  Cutting edge or dumb?  All of this is signed off by the HC.  Just silliness.

Cutting edge of stupidity 😏

27 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Cutting edge of stupidity 😏

There is no excuse for no running game, it certainly is not a RB issue.  It is embarrassing the best running play is the scramble drill by the QB.  This has been a problem for 3 yrs.   After the game, players were saying how the Saints played 2 high safety with man underneath.  That only happens when a defense has zero respect for running the ball and little concern for a passing attack will use short crossers and pick routes.  Saint won big on that gamble.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/12/bradley-mcdougald-mystery/#more-210829

not only does it dig into letting go of mcdougald. But other guys. 

Mason foster 

DJ Swearinger 

rahsaen melvin 

mark barron (how no one thought to move him to lb) 

all the replacements for this folks have been down grades 

oh and add Donald Penn to that list. Could have gotten 4 more years out of him at LT 

Jeremy zuttah also made the pro bowl in Baltimore and was solid for 2-3 years there. 

Jason Licht is toast. He created holes 

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

There is no excuse for no running game, it certainly is not a RB issue.  It is embarrassing the best running play is the scramble drill by the QB.  This has been a problem for 3 yrs.   After the game, players were saying how the Saints played 2 high safety with man underneath.  That only happens when a defense has zero respect for running the ball and little concern for a passing attack will use short crossers and pick routes.  Saint won big on that gamble.

There’s no way a professional football team should be this bad at running the ball.

At this stage, it feels like scheme is the main issue. We do a lot of east/ west running in the backfield and it seems like our main rushing play is inside zone from shotgun. Our linemen don’t strike me as good zone scheme blockers.

Whoever we bring in, I just hope they’re committed to establishing the running game and helping our players out by putting them in a scheme that fits their strengths.

Regardless of a perceived talent deficiency on the oline, we should be getting more from the running game.

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

There’s no way a professional football team should be this bad at running the ball.

At this stage, it feels like scheme is the main issue. We do a lot of east/ west running in the backfield and it seems like our main rushing play is inside zone from shotgun. Our linemen don’t strike me as good zone scheme blockers.

Whoever we bring in, I just hope they’re committed to establishing the running game and helping our players out by putting them in a scheme that fits their strengths.

Regardless of a perceived talent deficiency on the oline, we should be getting more from the running game.

Explain how teams with bad OL (Seattle, Houston) can still run the ball and win ball games? 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:
9 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Explain how teams with bad OL (Seattle, Houston) can still run the ball and win ball games? 

He did.

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Agree on any type of stretch running play, but there not even lining up on man blocking and moving the LOS especially on the  LOS.  Remember the QB sneak on 4th and 1 against the GMen.  Dotson crashes into Jameis knee only after absolutely the oline got zero push on the previous play on the goal line.  There are only 2 guys who show maximum effort on every play through the whistle, Jensen and Marpet.  The other 3, dlinemen are constantly getting off their blocks way too easily.  For some reason, Warhop accepts having one of his guards to be a finesse tackle kicked inside.  Is it any coincidence, the 2 guards that played when they ran the ball well was Mankins and Marpet?  Not at all because they were anything but finesse.  Keep in mind, they had an under sized center in Hawley playing.  Hawley was an arse on the field, and I write that with respect and admiration.  

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Barber runs hard and he’s more of a Two. Ro Jo runs with no desire. And quiz is just a special teams guy. 

We lack talent at RB too. So it’s not just scheme. 

Glad to see that you are able to completely judge a RB by 23 carries? You might look into playing the lottery more often.  I think there is no way to establish how a player is going to be with this minimal use, let alone the inability of Warhop to coach an OL, or a HC like Koetter who tries to play a back that is a one cut back in Jones and try to run downhill which works for a player like Barber at least to pick up a couple yards here and there and can burst the long one.  Which who knows if Jones could because again 23 carries.... in a season.  

Also, I don't know if it was Aumen or Cummings who pointed out a stat for Jones that showed he had something like 44 yards and absurd number like 47 yards after contact.  Establishing the fact that he is most often getting hit in the backfield on a vast majority of his plays.

13 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Glad to see that you are able to completely judge a RB by 23 carries? You might look into playing the lottery more often.  I think there is no way to establish how a player is going to be with this minimal use, let alone the inability of Warhop to coach an OL, or a HC like Koetter who tries to play a back that is a one cut back in Jones and try to run downhill which works for a player like Barber at least to pick up a couple yards here and there and can burst the long one.  Which who knows if Jones could because again 23 carries.... in a season.  

Also, I don't know if it was Aumen or Cummings who pointed out a stat for Jones that showed he had something like 44 yards and absurd number like 47 yards after contact.  Establishing the fact that he is most often getting hit in the backfield on a vast majority of his plays.

I also look at the schemes koetter has run and how he’s utilized past rbs. Doug Martin was great in 2015 along with sims. mJd Stephen Jackson. So his scheme works with good RBs. 

Archived