The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

32 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Through 2 games, I can’t remember this good a start to a season ever.

2010, we still kinda sucked and got the benefit of an easy start.

2005 was good, but I had nowhere near as much confidence in that team as I do in this one.

2000? Maybe.

Get hyped. We’ve just gone 2-0 against two teams who were a combined 24-8 last season. 

It s good to see the team as a whole show some grit.  All the pundits said they were toast to start the season.  As the secondary gains some experience, we should see some better defensive play.  Interested to see how Whitehead plays.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s good to see the team as a whole show some grit.  All the pundits said they were toast to start the season.  As the secondary gains some experience, we should see some better defensive play.  Interested to see how Whitehead plays.

Whitehead is an aggressive sob. Hot damn. I didn't expect him to come out and immediately make his presence felt. Conte gets a bunch of praise from the coaching staff but Whitehead needs more snaps.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

An offense that can carry a defense. 

I m probably too optimistic, but I like what I saw from the defense yesterday.  Considering the injuries in the secondary, they hit Files plenty of times.  The 4th down TD pass by Foles was just a terrific throw.  My concern is when the Bucs go up by more then 7, Smith doesn't blitz at all.  I would like to see a sprinkling more of blitzing when playing with a lead.  I really want to see Vea on the field.  20 snaps just anchoring the middle of the line and a bull rush straight ahead and I am happy.  Pleasantly surprised by Nassib.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I m probably too optimistic, but I like what I saw from the defense yesterday.  Considering the injuries in the secondary, they hit Files plenty of times.  The 4th down TD pass by Foles was just a terrific throw.  My concern is when the Bucs go up by more then 7, Smith doesn't blitz at all.  I would like to see a sprinkling more of blitzing when playing with a lead.  I really want to see Vea on the field.  20 snaps just anchoring the middle of the line and a bull rush straight ahead and I am happy.  Pleasantly surprised by Nassib.

Leaving the middle of the field WIDE OPEN on every play is really pissing me off. I get the idea of giving up the short pass and rallying for a short gain. But that's not what's happening.

And going straight prevent as soon as we get a lead is ridiculous.

QBs are completing over 70% against us since Smitty took over. We should at least be trying to contest some of these passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Bucs so far have shown they can get a stop on defense when needed. Situational and complimentary football we’ve Aced. Vea needs to get his *** on the field soon. 

Wasn't able to watch the game, but watched the highlights afterwards and was really happy the way our defense played in the first 45 minutes of the game, our biggest problem was that our defense would be extremely tired heading into the 4th, so i feel like once we get back grimes and vea our dl and CB rotation will be helpful in keeping guys ready for the 4th quarter lockdown