haveyoumetdustin

The un-HYPEd Thread

I know this isn t football related, but damn.  Not afraid to admit, I would be a little shaky siitting in the passenger seat.

These are the types of moves that can really alter the draft.  Denver is definitely a trade up candidate, this helps to maybe even add a little more urgency.

Best of luck to him.  No hard feelings from me.  Koetter kept him around a year too long and that is on him.

I wonder how many players still ride with Brown now? BA is a well respected coach and I wouldn’t think players turn on him cuz Brown now wants to be a diva. Damn shame. I use to be a Brown fan.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

wow what a kick, not sad watching Payron and the Saints going hime

It was fun watching their dream die.

Schadenfreude for days. 

8 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It was fun watching their dream die.

Schadenfreude for days. 

I took a certain amt of pleasure watching the Payton presser.  I m a petty person when it comes to football, I just can t change.  😁

Some of you obviously watched the NFC Championship game between the Rams and Saints. What a game, couldn't have asked for a more entertaining one.

However, did you guys by chance notice how badly the players wanted to win?? Did you see them on the sidelines how fired up they were and how seriously they took the game? Both teams had this but the Rams REALLY had it. The way they picked each other up and how winning energy they displayed was amazing. Aaron Donald was on the sideline PRAYING when they lined up for that game winning 57 yarder. You can tell that the entire team has their hearts in this 110%.

I touched on this a little but on the Bruce Arians got hired thread, but to expand on this more, THIS is what we need. A winning culture on this team, where the players want to win just as badly as the fans do. I feel like we have been missing this ever since Gruden left. Chucky was not the best at this, but he did a decent job. After him however, every coach has failed MISERABLY at this IMO. Raheem tried with the whole "Youngry" thing, but he was just too inexperienced, to Shiano who also gave it effort but failed, to Lovie who also failed and Dirk who had the same result, despite having a few decent seasons in that period between all of them. It just seems like once Gruden left, almost every player who comes here just comes here to collect a paycheck and go home. Hearing reports of Djax falling asleep in meetings, former players talking about watching Rocky and playing games on their phone instead of watching film, it just seems like we don't have this winning mentality.

This is what Arians really needs to bring to this team to shoot some life into them and future players to come. Again, we can argue all we want about our QB being inconsistent at times, we can argue how our O-line is bad, and how our backers cannot cover the pass. But those technicals are irrelevant if only half the team is in it. We need to be more like the Rams and Saints, if you didn't see the game I highly recommend watching a re-run of the game. Both sidelines and players were so fired up and had so much raw energy all wanting to win at any cost. It was truly amazing.
This is where it starts, how great football teams are made.

But for the technicals, our old buddy Mark Barron was in that game playing for the Rams. All I gotta say is he was never this good in Tampa. I realize he is in a completely different scheme and even playing a different position, but at times the way he shot gaps on the run play and make very solid tackles, he never did stuff like that in Tampa. You can tell he is just playing at a much higher level than he was when he was here. This is the difference in playing on a team with a winning mindset where every single player gives it 110% because they want to win at all costs.

Again, I truly hope Arians brings this kind of vibe to our team. We need it.

Edited by Calibucsfan

Barron also has seven years of NFL experience compared to when he was with us for his first two and a half years.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Barron also has seven years of NFL experience compared to when he was with us for his first two and a half years.

He s playing a WLB position and was drafted as our savior playing middle high safety.  So I guess coaching matters?  I ll never forget Kuechly being compared to Barrett Ruud coming out of BC.  😢 The draft process is such an inexact science.

I just pray Howard can stay healthy going fwd, having an elite TE makes such a difference for an offense

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I just pray Howard can stay healthy going fwd, having an elite TE makes such a difference for an offense

When Gronk knew the ball was coming to him Berry had no chance.

5 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

Some of you obviously watched the NFC Championship game between the Rams and Saints. What a game, couldn't have asked for a more entertaining one.

However, did you guys by chance notice how badly the players wanted to win?? Did you see them on the sidelines how fired up they were and how seriously they took the game? Both teams had this but the Rams REALLY had it. The way they picked each other up and how winning energy they displayed was amazing. Aaron Donald was on the sideline PRAYING when they lined up for that game winning 57 yarder. You can tell that the entire team has their hearts in this 110%.

I touched on this a little but on the Bruce Arians got hired thread, but to expand on this more, THIS is what we need. A winning culture on this team, where the players want to win just as badly as the fans do. I feel like we have been missing this ever since Gruden left. Chucky was not the best at this, but he did a decent job. After him however, every coach has failed MISERABLY at this IMO. Raheem tried with the whole "Youngry" thing, but he was just too inexperienced, to Shiano who also gave it effort but failed, to Lovie who also failed and Dirk who had the same result, despite having a few decent seasons in that period between all of them. It just seems like once Gruden left, almost every player who comes here just comes here to collect a paycheck and go home. Hearing reports of Djax falling asleep in meetings, former players talking about watching Rocky and playing games on their phone instead of watching film, it just seems like we don't have this winning mentality.

This is what Arians really needs to bring to this team to shoot some life into them and future players to come. Again, we can argue all we want about our QB being inconsistent at times, we can argue how our O-line is bad, and how our backers cannot cover the pass. But those technicals are irrelevant if only half the team is in it. We need to be more like the Rams and Saints, if you didn't see the game I highly recommend watching a re-run of the game. Both sidelines and players were so fired up and had so much raw energy all wanting to win at any cost. It was truly amazing.
This is where it starts, how great football teams are made.

But for the technicals, our old buddy Mark Barron was in that game playing for the Rams. All I gotta say is he was never this good in Tampa. I realize he is in a completely different scheme and even playing a different position, but at times the way he shot gaps on the run play and make very solid tackles, he never did stuff like that in Tampa. You can tell he is just playing at a much higher level than he was when he was here. This is the difference in playing on a team with a winning mindset where every single player gives it 110% because they want to win at all costs.

Again, I truly hope Arians brings this kind of vibe to our team. We need it.

To be fair, we've never been able to see how the players would react if they were actually winning and were in some actual meaningful games at the end of the season, let alone a conference championship. Yes the losing culture is contagious, and might even carry over year to year even at the start when, everyone has a chance so their competitiveness should be at it's highest. But I think once any team sees they're out of the playoff hunt, they still play hard but can't expect them to have the edge of playing in the NFC championship.